The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about Guild Traders

JARTHEGREY
JARTHEGREY
✭✭✭
Apologies for what seems like a really basic question about Guild Traders but I've not found the answer anywhere.

When I purchase from a Guild Trader - I see an Unit Price and a Total Price. The total is multiple of the Unit price and so if the Total is double the Unit price then I am expecting 2 of the purchased items.

But - when I purchase, although I pay the total price, I seem to only get 1 item?

Am I being dense or missing something?

Thanks in advance.
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Most items stack, if they don't stack you'd have to make 2 purchases to get 2 items. Be sure when the purchase mail comes through to mouse over the one item you see because it is likely 2 items stacked together.
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    @Savina

I appreciate items stack and I see in the Guild Trader list that some items have stacked (they have a number on the name).

But then some items (Master writs) are single items but the Total price is still a multiple of the Unit price. When I checked the email, it's definately a 'single item'.

For example; There is a Sealed Woodworking Writ with one of the traders in Rawl'kha

Unit Price is 943.4 and Total is 50000 but if I buy it - I only get 1.

I just don't get it.

Edited by JARTHEGREY on May 7, 2021 6:35PM
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Ah master writs are given the unit price per voucher. So total price is for the 1writ. Yet unit price is telling you what you are paying per voucher that one writ gives when you complete and turn it in.
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Got you. Confusing but sort of makes sense. Thanks very much for clearing that up.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You might think about it as you are actually buying the vouchers. The writ is just the container, so to speak. There are writs that would give you 77 vouchers, but if you bought it, you get the one writ.