The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Notification Sound when someone Joins or Leaves Guild

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've stopped hearing a sound when someone joins or leaves the guild. This first happened when our guildmaster did a big purge and removed several members in a very short time, and it's never come back.

I've looked throughout my settings and can't find anything that looks like it could be the cause. Is there a fix for this?
Edited by SilverBride on May 7, 2021 5:26AM
PCNA
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's to do with the guild you last either looked at in roster or used in game chat.

So if you're doing either in another guild, it won't show for others.

Seems to have been that way for as long as I can remember.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only in one guild.
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SilverBride

Try clearing your existing notifications to see if that helps when getting new notifications.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked. I had no existing notifications.

I still get a notifications with sound when I get new mail, or when the daily reward is available. Just not when someone joins or leaves the guild.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 10, 2021 2:32AM
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SilverBride

Are you able to join another guild to see if the same issue persists?

Do you have a second character in a guild having the same notification issue?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others in my guild say it only notifies them part of the time. It always worked for me but stopped when our guild leader purged over a hundred members all at once. Halfway through the sound and notification text at the top of the screen stopped and never returned. Now I only know someone new joined when I see others welcoming them in guild chat.

I really don't want to join another guild but I will give it a try.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 14, 2021 3:54AM
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our guildmaster did another big purge of members tonight and afterward the notification sound came back. It seems to have something to do with a lot of notifications happening over a short time. Regardless it's fixed, for now.
    PCNA
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you figure out what killed the sound, please let me know so I can try to replicate it, I'd love to be able to turn that sound, along with a few others, off entirely.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What killed the sound was purging approximately 200 members all at once. If you are willing to clear out that many members then it may do the same for you.

Also I found out it wasn't just me who was affected. When I mentioned the sound was back a guildie commented that theirs was too.

What we really need is a toggle for notifications, not only for players joining and leaving the guild but also for friends logging on and off.
    PCNA