The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hide UI inconsistency

skyrimfantasy
skyrimfantasy
✭✭✭
I am fully aware of how to hide the ui to take screenshots, but something changed about 2 weeks ago and I cannot figure out what for the life of me. When I use my keybind to hide the ui it used to hide everything including the group list if I'm grouped with other players. I have several characters that it will not hide the group list anymore, but yet other characters where it still hides everything. I added keybinds for nameplates and health bars so I can still hide them, just with 2 extra keystrokes. My settings have always been the same for each character, I don't recall changing anything. I do have Screenshot Helper which I've deleted variables and uninstalled but that didn't make any difference. I also use JoGroups but I don't think there is any setting in there that would deal with hiding the ui (that I've found.) I've tried a validate and repair of game files (nothing wrong was found.) I'm not sure what else to do to get it working the way it used to on all characters.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand what are you trying to accomplish.

What is the problem ?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried disabling all of your addons and then re-enabling them one by one to see which one causes this behaviour? I realise that could be an annoying to do if you have a lot of addons, but it's probably the easiest way to work out which one (if any) is causing the problem.

I can tell you that hiding the UI still works the same way for me, it hides everything including the group menu and health bars (I'm not sure about nameplates because I never turn them on anyway) so I don't think it's a problem with the base game, which means it is most likely an addon but I have no idea which one it could be.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose I'm going to have to try that. It's just weird that it will hide everything on some toons and other toons it won't hide the name plates, health bars, or group list. Thought I'd ask here in the off-chance anyone knew a setting I'm missing somehow.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you use EHT addon, then check this one first.

I know that if i want to do some pictures, i have to disable it, as compass, tracker and other things stay up.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    if you use EHT addon, then check this one first.

I know that if i want to do some pictures, i have to disable it, as compass, tracker and other things stay up.

Wow, thank you, this was it! I don't recall having this problem because of EHT before but disabling fixed it.