The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with necro stamina ww build

Raagero
Raagero
Soul Shriven
As in the title, i need a Little help with gear and skill setup with the stam necro werewolf build for PVP.
I asked google and looked for same builds, but cant find the good one for my charakter. Actually im new in the game, dont know mechanics, still learning, having 140cp right now and I appriciate and advice i can get.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice cp 160 is right around the corner, great time to get ready for your first cp 160 set of gear...

couple of general suggestions - you are going to go through bunches and bunches of different gear and skills as you continue to level up your cp...

especially as a lower cp player I'd address survivability and then sustain and finally execution in that order...meaning initially on you first or set second set of pvp gear, build to stay alive...

if you're playing in grey host you may want to consider using 1 or 2 of your gear sets focused on defense and sustain...

do you mostly play: cp or no cp cyrodiil, battlegrounds or play in imperial city?

as you progress in pvp you can steadily get more aggressive in your gear choices...

start collecting monster sets that you think you might want to equip as soon as possible...collecting the monster gear pieces and sets you like could take some months if you're mostly just using the golden vendor...

this may not apply to you quite yet, but, probably the best advice reference werewolf builds is make sure when you put your gear together you do so to support your play when transformed as a werewolf...

by the time you reach cp 600 or so, there's a very good chance you'll be going on your 3rd or 4th sets of gear...

have you leveled your crafting?
    Edited by geonsocal on May 7, 2021 8:19AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Raagero
    Raagero
    Soul Shriven
    geonsocal wrote: »
    nice cp 160 is right around the corner, great time to get ready for your first cp 160 set of gear...

couple of general suggestions - you are going to go through bunches and bunches of different gear and skills as you continue to level up your cp...

especially as a lower cp player I'd address survivability and then sustain and finally execution in that order...meaning initially on you first or set second set of pvp gear, build to stay alive...

if you're playing in grey host you may want to consider using 1 or 2 of your gear sets focused on defense and sustain...

do you mostly play: cp or no cp cyrodiil, battlegrounds or play in imperial city?

as you progress in pvp you can steadily get more aggressive in your gear choices...

start collecting monster sets that you think you might want to equip as soon as possible...collecting the monster gear pieces and sets you like could take some months if you're mostly just using the golden vendor...

this may not apply to you quite yet, but, probably the best advice reference werewolf builds is make sure when you put your gear together you do so to support your play when transformed as a werewolf...

by the time you reach cp 600 or so, there's a very good chance you'll be going on your 3rd or 4th sets of gear...

have you leveled your crafting?

Thanks for so many advice from you :) id like to play mostly in cp cyrodil.
    Actually i havent leveled crafting yet, but i want to take care of it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Raagero :)

one of the more amusing things on the forums is when a "newer" player asks for some advice - people will give them suggestions based off of them having played the game forever - meaning they have tons of gold to buy gear at guild traders, have no problems completing DLC dungeons to farm the best gear possible, or are ready and willing to spend a lot of time going through arenas or trials to pick up the best weapons to use...

AND - know how to best utilize the gear...

the truth is - at low cp (less than about 600 or so) you are going to be at a disadvantage playing in grey host no matter what gear you equip...

and you know what - that's perfectly fine...you'll take some hits, but, you'll continue to learn...the point is to have fun...

having fun in cyrodiil does though require you to understand basic fighting mechanics: how to block, how to roll dodge, use light attacks to help increase your damage, use heavy attacks for sustain, use potions, hide behind rocks and walls, use your allies to stay alive...

other players are going to target you because of your low cp - you can use that to your advantage though!!!

i played on the NA server for years and built up a bunch of gold and gear to where i could wear whatever was meta or near to it; however, a few years ago i started over on the EU server and had to start everything from scratch...

i have seven toons there for fighting in the EU Grey Host...since reaching cp160 (i'm now at cp 850 or so) i've changed character gear sets and rotations maybe 4 or 5 times each for every toon...

all that to say - whatever you pick initially to wear when you hit cp160 - you'll be changing/updating your gear every 6 months or so...which is to say - don't stress too much about your first few gear set choices...

for myself, because i didn't have much gold, had a bunch of different toons around the same level, and i only wanted to pvp - i used the gear i got from the rewards for the worthy and the battleground match rewards...i had started investing in monster sets from the golden vendor which shows up friday night through sunday night at the starting gate (the one where the bank is at) in cyrodiil...

once you hit cp 600 or so - then is probably a better time to start looking at more offensive oriented sets...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 8, 2021 7:15AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, so that previous post was mostly generalized - this is just a suggestion, and i am in no means some top pvper or build expert...

if you have the coin to go shopping, or are willing to go farming - my suggestion for an early cp160 gear set up would be:

2 medium pieces and 5 heavy pieces, one hand and shield, and a bow for weapons - put together your armor, weapons, and jewelry in plague doctor and eternal vigor:
    Eternal Vigor - great sustain set, particularly for werewolves (you need magicka to heal)
    Type Overland - Greymoor
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 1407 Maximum Health, Adds 337 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%. Adds 1011 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

Plague Doctor - good set for being able to stay alive and take a few extra hits
    Type Overland - Deshaan
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Adds 2804 Maximum Health

as far as your early monster set choices:
    Sellistrix - stuns and knockdowns are extremely useful in cyrodiil, plus it's one if the few monster sets that proc from a bow attack...
    Set bonus
    (1 item) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (2 items) When you deal damage you create an earthquake under the enemy that erupts after 1.5 seconds, dealing 6836 Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters and stunning them for 3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Velidreth - useful bit of damage which lands pretty regularly
    (1 item) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (2 items) When you deal damage, you have a 20% chance to spawn 3 disease spores in front of you after 1 second that deal 10752 Disease Damage to the first enemy they hit. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

The Troll King - hard to fight when you're dead, this'll help keep you alive
    (1 item) Adds 4% Healing Done
    (2 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, if they are still below 50% Health, their Health Recovery is increased by 925 for 10 seconds.

collecting the right monster sets from the golden vendor does take some months though...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 8, 2021 7:20AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again, i'll preface this with - i am in no way some pvp type guru - i've just spent waaaaay too much time in cyro over the years :)

also, I generally play solo, i know how to work really well with allies while fighting - but, i rarely group...

i would though suggest you group up if possible for at least the first 3 to 6 months you're in cyro...

for a fairly simple set of skills/rotation i would suggest:

One Hand and Shield:
    Ruinous Scythe, Life amid Death, Heroic Slash, Summoner's Armor, Blighted Blastbones and Ravenous Goliath

Bow:
    Spirit Guardian, Vigor, Lethal Arrow, Detonating Siphon, Bombard and Ravenous Goliath
    Edited by geonsocal on May 7, 2021 9:31PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mate
    Raagero wrote: »
    As in the title, i need a Little help with gear and skill setup with the stam necro werewolf build for PVP.
    I asked google and looked for same builds, but cant find the good one for my charakter. Actually im new in the game, dont know mechanics, still learning, having 140cp right now and I appriciate and advice i can get.

my dear friend.....I don't want to sound too bitter but stam necros are incredibly overtuned. Put on any crap proc, make sure you are tanky enough and harvest the kills in BGs. My gerbils could play Necros and wardens in BGs and still get a great kill/death ratio!!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try to make sure you quickslot potions - literally the difference in a lot of small scale fighting comes with the timing of potion and ultimate use...

situational awareness is extremely important - during both small scale and large melee battles you need to keep your head on a swivel, don't stop moving, make sure you are aware of how much damage is incoming, shield and heal appropriately, light and heavy attack will help with your sustain...

oh yeah - siege don't care about your gear or cp level - so, make sure to make good use of them...flaming oil to prevent folks from using a ram on your doors (best to set up two flaming oils before you start pouring - helps to kill folks below before they realize they're taking tremendous damage)...regular ballistas for doors and walls, fire ballistas and meatbag catapults for people...

the trebuchets work great as anti-siege weapons...

have fun mostly :smile:

if you can - try to level antiquities, there's a few good pvp pieces of gear, plus, just leveling the skill line will earn you about 200k gold...

i know leveling crafting is a serious grind, but - crazy useful as you stay in the game - if you can, focus on enchanting and then blacksmith, clothing, woodworking...it literally takes like a year and a half to level your crafting stuff to where it's useful for cp160 stuff...

please let me know if you have any questions...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 8, 2021 7:22AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, early crafting traits to learn first (in case you wish to re-trait items)
    - weapons: infused, defending, sharpened, precise
    - armor: infused, impregnable, well-fitted, sturdy
    - jewelry: infused, bloodthirsty, robust, arcane