The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can you analyse reconstructed items?

TheDarkRuler
TheDarkRuler
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to get my other chars on maximum research. Dawn Prisma/Nirncrux is expensive though and i was wondering whether i could analyse reconstructed items instead. 25 crystals for a dawnprism-ring sounds nice. Anyone tested it?
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can't Research from a reconstructed item (which you make on one character, who knows the trait, and transfer to another, who doesn't).

You also can't Research from a transmuted item.

Best you can do is Deconstruct a transmuted item, with a character that has the skills that help you get more back from deconstruction, so you have a better chance of getting the trait material. 50 Transmute stones for, say, what looks to me like a 60% chance at a Potent Nirncrux if you transmute a Weapon to Nirnhoned. Then you can reconstruct it (with a character who already knows the trait) as a real item, and pass it to your other character to research from.

Unfortunately this does not work with transmuting jewelry to Triune and deconstructing from that, since when you deconstruct jewelry, you only get a grain (of which you need 10), not a full trait material, so in order to get the 10 grains of dawn-prism to reconstruct into a full Dawn-Prism, you'd need to transmute 15-20 jewelry items on average, which would cost you pretty much all your transmute stones at once (at 50 per item, that means 750-1000 and you can only hold 1000 at once.)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirncrux is cheap now. It used to be 6 figures.

Note, Knowing Nirn is not as useful for getting Master Writs. So, you really only need to learn it on items you want to craft in 9 trait sets. In other words, if you are never going to use a Sword or Axe, dont research Nirn on that item.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"