Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Treasure Hunter perk implications

Ryath_Waylander
Ryath_Waylander
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings, I am currently trying to pilfer my way to a Blueprint: Murkmire Walkway, Reed seeing as I'd dearly like to learn one for my main Decorator. I have been farming for 3 days now but I suddenly wondered if this perk might be queering my pitch. I have been picking up a fair amount of blue treasures from containers, instead of green plans. Does it only affect treasure chests, or containers too?
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Lol you're worried that the treasure hunter passive is dropping you blue plans instead of the green one you're looking for? Unusual worry to have, imo just sell the blue ones and buy the green (or better yet, just spend those 3 days farming gold and buy 20 green plans if you want).
    Good luck though man! If you're intent on farming it out, do it up. I don't know if that passive effects more than just treasure chests though
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it only affects treasure chests. I have not seen any blue recipe plans yet since applying Treasure Hunter, just the usual RNG nonsense. I think you're fine.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you're worried that the treasure hunter passive is dropping you blue plans instead of the green one you're looking for? Unusual worry to have, imo just sell the blue ones and buy the green (or better yet, just spend those 3 days farming gold and buy 20 green plans if you want).
    Good luck though man! If you're intent on farming it out, do it up. I don't know if that passive effects more than just treasure chests though

Heh, this green pattern currently has only 2 for sale on pc-eu. One for 1.8 Million and one for 1.6 Million. They are almost as rare as the Blue Daedric fence section ;)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Murkmire greens as well as greens from some other DLC zones are much rarer than blues and purples due to the fact that they don't drop in the writ voucher containers. You have to loot them manually, making them exceptionally rare.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Murkmire greens as well as greens from some other DLC zones are much rarer than blues and purples due to the fact that they don't drop in the writ voucher containers. You have to loot them manually, making them exceptionally rare.

In Murkmire's case, it's because there are no urns or non-stealing containers to farm like with a normal zone. Well, there are two spots, but they're terrible lol. The Dominus Fatum has 7ish non-stealing containers that reset if you switch characters, and Xul-Thuxis has a bunch. But that's it.

As for stealing, the Lilmoth crafting area is best. I usually just loot there, Bright Throat Village, and back so I don't have to switch characters.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, as you say @tsaescishoeshiner. Guess I'm just suffering from rng induced self-doubt :D. It's just so agonising. I want to do furnishing at the moment so that 1.6million would be better spent on mats, so farming it is. Of course, I have a nagging feeling that the Murkmire event should happen sometime, so I daren't buy it either. Just my luck I'd pick one up afterwards when event drop prices tank :p
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on May 8, 2021 5:56PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, as you say @tsaescishoeshiner. Guess I'm just suffering from rng induced self-doubt :D self-doubt. It's just so agonising. I want to do furnishing at the moment so that 1.6million would be better spent on mats, so farming it is. Of course, I have a nagging feeling that the Murkmire event should happen sometime, so I daren't buy it either. Just my luck I'd pick one up afterwards when event drop prices tank :p

I've noticed that celebration type of events are happening every other year. The Murkmire event happened last year, and chances are it will only happen again next year (2022).

That said, the drop rate for furnishing plans there is so, so low that the event didn't affect the prices at all.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, as you say @tsaescishoeshiner. Guess I'm just suffering from rng induced self-doubt :D. It's just so agonising. I want to do furnishing at the moment so that 1.6million would be better spent on mats, so farming it is. Of course, I have a nagging feeling that the Murkmire event should happen sometime, so I daren't buy it either. Just my luck I'd pick one up afterwards when event drop prices tank :p

The last Murkmire event didn't involve the green furnishing plans at all. I would find someone else to craft the stuff for you—if you don't have a guild to ask, consider joining one!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D Yes, that's the route I followed in the end. Sent mats and got a friend to craft 30 for me.