Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Rise of Sheogorath

MrCrossman
MrCrossman
Soul Shriven
maxresdefault.jpg

So lets get right to the bread and cheese of this thread and what its for. I believe that we should have a shivering isles expansion. I won't lie and a lot of people may not agree with me but the content we have received concerning Sheogorath has been sorely lacking and almost insulting to those of us who are die hard fans of Uncle Sheo. Truth be told, about the only content that was worthy of him was most definitely the shivering isles expansion in Oblivion. It feels like ever since then he has been getting the bum rush with the odd quest here, the guild line there, or him getting stuck in Cryo which never made much sense to me at all. In a big cheese wheel we need more Sheogorath, we need a costume, we need pets, we need an actual world that we can explore that is his and solely his alone and there is no doubt of it. I can not speak for everyone but I would pay good money if you added more content for the Mad God and I happened to know others who would do the same. Hell if you brought his original costume from shivering isles id throw my money at you for it in a heart beat. Me and friends have discussed this time and time again so I finally figured id start a thread on here and see perhaps if it could get enough attention to actually become a real thing or at the very least we can all worship the mad god together.

Feel free to offer your thoughts, favorite quotes, pictures, whatever you like in here ^.^

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a wisconsinite...I'm a big fan of Cheese and Sheogorath.

"wonderful time for a celebration...Cheese for EVERYONE!" <-- fav :D
    Edited by Odovacar on May 5, 2021 7:28PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath has already had enough screentime in ESO, and is probably the most fleshed out Daedric Prince. At most, I'd like a dungeon dlc so we could have an excuse for them to bring back Amber and Madness armor as a motif. I would go as far as to say Daedric Princes are oversaturated and I would like a chapter that is more grounded to Tamriel.

Not saying that ZOS won't do an SI chapter or dlc, as nostalgia sells, but come on. Atleast ask for a Daedric Prince who has barely been explored. We have very little information about Peryite and Vaermina for example, and there is several Realms of Oblivion we have yet to have seen, like Azura's Moonshadow.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 5, 2021 7:34PM
  • MrCrossman
    MrCrossman
    Soul Shriven
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Sheogorath has already had enough screen time in ESO, and is probably the most fleshed out Daedric Prince. At most, I'd like a dungeon dlc so we could have an excuse for them to bring back Amber and Madness armor as a motif. I would go as far as to say Daedric Princes are oversaturated and I would like a chapter that is more grounded to Tamriel.

Not saying that ZOS won't do an SI chapter or dlc, as nostalgia sells, but come on. At Least ask for a Daedric Prince who has barely been explored. We have very little information about Peryite and Vaermina for example, and there is several Realms of Oblivion we have yet to have seen, like Azura's Moonshadow.

My issue is that Sheogorath hasn't been properly presented since Oblivion, everything that has been brought out has just been a poor add on to his character, to his lore. It was him who made Oblivion one of the best ES games for a lot of people with SI alone. I can agree that they should bring in more chapters, more areas concerning Tamriel or even other Daedric princes, but they need to come up with something better for Sheogorath than a weak guild line story where you see Shalidor more than you see him.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several area of interest quests and a whole guild questline is way more attention than many other daedric princes get. I agree that it would be cool, especially because I'd love to see ESO's versions of grummites after the Sheogorath questline in Elder Scrolls Legends (which I highly recommend!!).

But Sheogorath is far from the least represented daedric prince.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • MrCrossman
    MrCrossman
    Soul Shriven
    Several area of interest quests and a whole guild questline is way more attention than many other daedric princes get. I agree that it would be cool, especially because I'd love to see ESO's versions of grummites after the Sheogorath questline in Elder Scrolls Legends (which I highly recommend!!).

Well I mean represented as is there is next to nothing concerning him like a house, a costume, even some kind of pet even would be better than nothing. Id love an expansion concerning him, I would love it more than cheese but its not just about that for me. I think he should at least get some crown shop items. Even a Wabbajack momento would be a god send lol. Im not saying to ignore everything else and every other thing we could expand on, just give us some keepsakes at the very least.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrCrossman wrote: »
    Sheogorath has already had enough screen time in ESO, and is probably the most fleshed out Daedric Prince. At most, I'd like a dungeon dlc so we could have an excuse for them to bring back Amber and Madness armor as a motif. I would go as far as to say Daedric Princes are oversaturated and I would like a chapter that is more grounded to Tamriel.

Not saying that ZOS won't do an SI chapter or dlc, as nostalgia sells, but come on. At Least ask for a Daedric Prince who has barely been explored. We have very little information about Peryite and Vaermina for example, and there is several Realms of Oblivion we have yet to have seen, like Azura's Moonshadow.

My issue is that Sheogorath hasn't been properly presented since Oblivion, everything that has been brought out has just been a poor add on to his character, to his lore. It was him who made Oblivion one of the best ES games for a lot of people with SI alone. I can agree that they should bring in more chapters, more areas concerning Tamriel or even other Daedric princes, but they need to come up with something better for Sheogorath than a weak guild line story where you see Shalidor more than you see him.

Isle of Madness from Legends is the best depiction of Sheogorath to date. It showed him as scary, unpredictable, and overall not the Lul Chees Man that he has been reduced to. Sadly, not many people will get to experience that. If Sheogorath does have more story content, he needs to not make cheese jokes every 5 minutes and it should be an exploration of the scariness of mental illnesses.
  • MrCrossman
    MrCrossman
    Soul Shriven

Isle of Madness from Legends is the best depiction of Sheogorath to date. It showed him as scary, unpredictable, and overall not the Lul Chees Man that he has been reduced to. Sadly, not many people will get to experience that. If Sheogorath does have more story content, he needs to not make cheese jokes every 5 minutes and it should be an exploration of the scariness of mental illnesses.

I can agree with that, even though I find his obsession with cheese both amusing and inspiring I would also enjoy a deeper descent into the madness he envelopes.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been a Sheo fan. Doesn't matter of course, if they do an SI DLC that'll just be one more I won't play (like TG, DB, Murkmire, and W Skyrim/Markarth).
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I mean represented as is there is next to nothing concerning him like a house, a costume, even some kind of pet even would be better than nothing. Id love an expansion concerning him, I would love it more than cheese but its not just about that for me. I think he should at least get some crown shop items. Even a Wabbajack momento would be a god send lol. Im not saying to ignore everything else and every other thing we could expand on, just give us some keepsakes at the very least.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Costumes_S#Sheogorath_Costume
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hats_(collectible)#Madgod.27s_Turban
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Kushalit_Sanctuary

Plus he's the antagonist of the Mage's Guild questline, plus the Southpoint quest in Greenshade and the Two Moons Temple quests in Elsweyr. And in Cyrodiil, too, since he's responsibel for Volendrung with the implication he'll be bringing more artifacts to the war in the future. Sheo has plenty, especially when compared to Sanguine and Hermaeus Mora.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An idea I had a while ago:

Capitalize on Nostalgia (Sheogorath) while bringing something Unexplored (Peryite)
    the ideas was to bring in Peryite as an Antagonist in a "Shivering Isles" Chapter. (or make both Sheo & Peryite the bad guy)

Sheogorath's realm represents madness - but Peryite represents the harsh realities of the world and the everyday tasks & dangers we have to deal with in order to survive.

The Prince of Madness vs The Taskmaster, Lord of Natural Order

Q2 Chapter: Shivering Isles
    Q4 Zone dlc: The Pits

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I've never been a Sheo fan. /quote]

Me either. Sheo really grates me.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

.... Just so long as he's not making cheese jokes every five minutes, like someone else said. I'd love an expansion like this, though.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese for everyone!!!
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    If Sheogorath does have more story content, he needs to not make cheese jokes every 5 minutes and it should be an exploration of the scariness of mental illnesses.

I have a schizophrenia-spectrum illness. There is SO much intense stuff that could be done with Uncle Sheo.

I thank you for bringing this thought to light.

What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think it should be more specific than the "scariness of mental illness" because mental illness isn't scary and is in fact rather common and normal. Sheo stories usually specifically have to do with exaggerated cases of delusion, paranoia, forgetting yourself, extreme euphoria and lethargy, etc., often in a way where someone's "will" or sanity is being tested, unlike with mental illness.

I think it's better described as madness or insanity—neither of which are actual medical terms. I can't imagine someone bargaining with Sheogorath and being cursed with like moderate social anxiety or insomnia lol
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dislike him soooo much
    I personnaly dont want an entire chaper after him
    Especiallly since i think after molag bal he is the deadric price the most used prince in this game
    He has the whole mage guild storyline, the south point town quest, the quest chain of a temple in nothern elsweyr and the daedric weapon miniquest in cyrodill

Id prefer them to make content about othe daedric princes we saw less in this game like Namira, Sanguine or peryte for example wich have been mentioned a few time but i dont thing they ever spoke to us

But if we must have a dlc/chapter about him please do it after ther others got their turn