The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vateshran shield + Tormentor

Arbit
Arbit
✭✭✭✭
So I was super excited to try out this combo, because it was gonna be my first AOE taunt build I'd ever tried. I'm not really enthusiastic about taunting with charge or leaps, but a pull... that was gonna be my jam right there. So I got all the gear, got em in the right traits, and went to try it out. I was super saddened when I made that first pull and saw... no taunt on the enemy. I went back and checked the print on the armor, and it specifies "Abilities", so idk. Why does zos have this thing about not letting us have an convenient AOE taunt? This would have been such a convenient and passive build for tanking in dungeons. Easy crowed control. I even went out and got some gold battalion defender jewelry, cause I thought this was gonna be my build for sure, and thought it'd pair really well with the combination.

Anyways this is my second build I made recently, that fell through (the other being a build using stygians back bar) and I think I'm done trying to theory craft. Cause I'd bet if it was this good and convenient, I probably would've heard about it like I heard about the charge/leap taunt build with 2 handeds. Just sad and thought I'd post about it.
Argonian Master Race
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no! I remember your post about Stygian. You've just had some bad luck but I would totally keep trying!

Theorycrafting can be the spice of life in the game (I know that it is for me and many that I know) but there's SO much hidden information that the game really forces you to do your own research on basically every set, passive, and ability that you're relying on. Basically nothing can ever be assumed about anything in the game until you can see it and reproduce it with your own characters.

This situation is not helped by the massive amount of misinformation (and simply old information) that is out there masquerading as the truth.

My best advice is to download the PTS if you have it. It's useful for testing new changes but it's also useful for simply testing out whatever builds that you've been thinking about without having to invest the resources to actually make it in-game. Of course, if you are on console...

The semi-good news is that you CAN actually make an AoE taunt build with Tormentor but unfortunately it's not the easiest to do. There is a high-quality Nefas video on the Tormentor set where he tested all of the abilities and determined that only Templar Explosive Charge, Werewolf Pounce, DK Leap ultimate, and (IIRC) Stampede will work with the set in that way. Other abilities, such as Lotus fan, will not work. So basically, you can make it work, but it comes with several strings attached.

But don't give up! It's one of the most rewarding feelings in the game to see a build through to success, especially when it's the product of your own research efforts.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs don't proc procs.