The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about healing

JoolDex
JoolDex
Soul Shriven
So I've noticed in a few rare occasions that sometimes I stumble upon a dps in a dungeon who I have a hard time with to fully heal up. As a Templar, when I use my main burst heal, normally I get a person's health to 100%. But sometimes there is a dps and when they lose health, I use my burst over and over again on them and it hardly seems to have any effect on them. I am just wondering what this reason could be. It doesn't happen a lot, but I am just curious. It can be a little frustrating not being able to keep someone at full health.

Extra info: I am a Breton Templar, CP 520 and wearing both Spell Power Cure and Hollowfang sets.

Best Answer

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few things that prevent a player from getting external heals. Mainly:
    - Ring of Pale Order (You heal for a percentage of the damage you do while you have it equiped but don't get heals from others)
    - Shimmering Frenzy (Vampire skill that increases your weapon and spell damage by a lot but prevents heals from others while it's active)
    - Blood for Blood (Vampire skill that costs hp to cast and is the strongest instant cast direct damage skill in the game but prevents you from getting healed by others for a few seconds)

Since it's relatively easy to avoid most incomming damage if you are an experienced dd and have a good tank with you, there is quite a number of people who use the above mentioned things (including myself).
    As a healer you can't really do much about that. Just focus on keeping the rest of the team alive and your buffs active and try to ignore the hp bar of that player.
    Answer ✓
  • JoolDex
    JoolDex
    Soul Shriven
    That clarifies things! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! 😊
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like to point out that sometimes it's worth, excuse the tautology here, pointing that out - in my experience, most common offender is Pale Order and most of the times it's simply people forgetting to take it off after questing or whatever it is they were doing. There aren't that many people consciously running it in a group with actual healer (although sometimes you get fake healers in pugs and that's another story).
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depending on what content you run, there are some anti-heal mechanics as well. For example (since I was trying this on a healer yesterday), Moongrave Fane HM has one of those, where people's health bars won't budge until you've done a certain amount of healing to them.
  • JoolDex
    JoolDex
    Soul Shriven
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Depending on what content you run, there are some anti-heal mechanics as well. For example (since I was trying this on a healer yesterday), Moongrave Fane HM has one of those, where people's health bars won't budge until you've done a certain amount of healing to them.

there was only one person I had the issue with and I was trying to burst heal this person like crazy, and nothing. funny enough it was moongrave fane but no hard mode. and then once before some place else so I assume it was that ring maybe causing it.

next time when I see it happen again and this person can't seem te stay alive I can give them a heads up in case the ring is causing it.

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, if it's one consistent person, across multiple fights, then it's almost certainly the ring.