The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vet trial DPS HP/Resists

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi!

What are we looking at nowadays for vet trial HP and Resists on a DD? Assumedly with some of the mitigation hits, 20-22k hp? 16k-18k resist?

Thanks!
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resists I don't know off the top of my head but a typical mag DPS would use 7 pc of light armor and have around 25-26k HP with bistat food, slightly less with gold sustain food. For stam DPS 7 pc medium armor, similar HP range.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20-22k health is plenty if you know what you are doing, you can use food to get higher if you need.. Never thought about my resists very much on a PVE DPS other than when going for flawless in VMA on a new class. They are what they are as glassy as I can be LOL.

Pretty sure I only get into the 18-20k range on a class with a source of major resist buffs. It can be worked into most classes rotations if you arent getting it from your group.

Most people frankly care more about your DPS and ability to not stand in stupid.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lower 20's in thousands of health is enough.

What gets to me is gate keeping types who laugh if they see what they think is too much health, even if it's around 3k more than theirs. My stamblade has absolutely no need for regen food, it's max health/ max stamina food every time, and zero health invested on the character sheet, which brings health up to 25k usually.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can depend on class and build. Basically DPS should be fine in bistat Mag/Health food. Witchmothers/Clockwork are a little low, but usually passable for health (bad for damage though). Ghastly Eyebowl is suicide unless they are extremely good at avoiding damage.

This is assuming decent group defensive buffs and debuffs:
    - Frost cloak (Major Resolve)
    - Combat prayer (Minor Resolve)
    - Minor toughness
    - Infused weakening glyph on boss
    - Minor maim on boss
    - Blue CP’s invested in Preparation
    - Red CPs in max health and armor

Sometimes you’ll even want more defense than this, but IMO it’s better to add at the group level than to have DPS invest in personal health and resists. Consider:
    - Minor Protection (Necro totem, or Circle of Protection)
    - Major Protection (Nightblade Veil, Warden Northern Storm)
    - Major Maim (Templar Nova, Lady Thorn)
    - Major Cowardice (Vykosa)
    - Minor Cowardice (Mending set, Nightblade power extraction)
    - Barrier ultimate
    - Ebon set for more health
    - Blue CP’s in Hardy and Elemental Aegis
    - Rarely even Major Aegis (Inventor’s Guard, Automated Defense, or Vrol’s set)
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on April 30, 2021 8:25PM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my experience it's fine to only have the minimal amount of hp and resistances (so just what you get from red cp, light armour, pasives and group buffs). Also keep in mind that the newer raids have mechanics that scale with max hp. E.g. for CR execute phase, lokke ice tombs and nahvi healing debuffs it's beneficial to have low max hp as this allows your healer to spend less time healing and more time applying buffs and debuffs.