The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Build help - returning player

SgtPow3rs
SgtPow3rs
Hi,

After almost one year break I decided to get back into ESO :smile: I started on my Xbox One X but I have now a decent pc game so I start all over again on my pc.

My first character was a Dark Elf with Dragonknight skills, I want to create another Dark Elf but im not sure what class I should choose. I want to play with sword and bow. Any advice? And any other advice overall for a returning player? I forgot most things after 1 year absence.

Thanks!
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    You can look up general guides for new players if you did forget alot stuff.

You can always make multiple characters on different classes so you can try everything. As far as sword and bow build. Depending on the content you can do it just fine on any class. Dark Elf is one of the most versatile races for all content so you're off to good start there.

If you do have the dlc's you can try a new class if you want something novel compared to your last experience.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Yeah I should have known other guides like alcasthq.com.

Finally got time to start today, Dark Elf, Templar class :) Just good to know that the community of ESO is one of the best in any multiplayer game I have played. Always helpful.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd go with nightblade. While I run a dark elf magblade, and love it, a dark elf stamblade is also very effective in both PVE and PVP