The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stygian's buff dropping off

Arbit
Arbit
✭✭✭✭
I was planning on making a build including stygians, since I really like the effect. It's not a bomb blade, but it is a magblade lol. The problem I'm having tho, is I have it set to only proc on my backbar when I come out of sneak; However, the problem I'm having with it is that when I swap bars to my arena weapon, the buff immediately drops off. I don't know if this is intended, but I am greatly disappointed, as I love the set bonus and no where in the description does it indicate that you must have the set active at all times for the buff to persist.
Argonian Master Race
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its intended, it was changed recently. You can no longer back bar it.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they basically knowingly broke this set during the last patch.

It was already a questionable set but they drop-kicked it into the sun.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    NagualV wrote: »
    Its intended, it was changed recently. You can no longer back bar it.

well that's silly that they didn't change the description if they were going to do that. It just confuses a large portion of the player base who may not test everything on the PTS. I'm just glad I didn't gold everything before finding this out. If this is going to be intended they need to change the description asap.
    Edited by Arbit on April 30, 2021 12:23AM
    Argonian Master Race
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The whole point of set like this is to back bar it. The change made no sense. Did they change Seventh Legion as well?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    The whole point of set like this is to back bar it. The change made no sense. Did they change Seventh Legion as well?
    Yeah, there are so many sets that provide a temporary stat buff and as far as I am aware Stygian is the only one that has its buff drop off when you no longer have enough pieces actively equipped (oh and balorgh, but that requires an actual unequip not just a bar swap). Seems bizarre.

I can only assume it’s because the “must be in combat” check that has recently been introduced to many of those other sets like seventh for some reason doesn’t work properly with the leaving stealth check Stygian has, which meant it instead got this change and basically killed the set.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on May 3, 2021 4:57AM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Yeah, there are so many sets that provide a temporary stat buff and as far as I am aware Stygian is the only one that has its buff drop off when you no longer have enough pieces actively equipped (oh and balorgh, but that requires an actual unequip not just a bar swap). Seems bizarre.

I can only assume it’s because the “must be in combat” check that has recently been introduced to many of those other sets like seventh for some reason doesn’t work properly with the leaving stealth check Stygian has, which meant it instead got this change and basically killed the set.

No, I think ZOS did this because the only class that can really take advantage of this set fully was magblades, and ZOS hates magblades.