The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Dragonknight: A Plea

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Context:
I am an end game player, PvE and PvP, CP around 1400~1500, I do trials , arenas, dungeons all in vet/hm/trifecta, cyrodil, battlegrounds, Imperial city pvp I'm mostly a dueler or duoer, overland (wish there was a vet mode it's entirely too easy), I parse around 98k on live and PTS ( didn't test a lot on PTS because I kept lagging ).

Point of Posting:
I'm bored and frustrated of the same skills being useless and not viable; some skills are cool but just aren't good enough to use versus other skills.
This causes contrition when I'm playing, I get over it because I'm a fairly amicable person; but I feel like it could be more fun not only for me, but my fellow MagDK players.
Lastly, I don't want something broken, overpowered, or bugged ( like the stupid asylum burning proc )

The Plea
There are many skills I have a wish list for, but I'll stick to the key points for this post

Ardent Flame:

Seething Fury: Every Dragonknight skill/Fire skill should give a stack of this, this would allow for further build diversity and different skills allowed on your front bar.

Engulfing Flames: The targeting sucks and if I'm moving around it doesn't cast, ever, I have to be standing still. Please Fix.

Earthern Heart:

Molten Weapons: This skill annoys me more than any other. It's a well known fact that you have better solutions for major sorcery/brutality whether that's potions or more useful skills. It should be a unique skill and I have several ideas on the prospect, but my favorite is a toggle skill (one bar only) that turns all magic/bleeding/physical damage to fire or poison and scale off max resource and makes fire/poison skills do 4% more and cost 4% less (1% for each rank of the skill). Would make a cool effect on the weapon, a unique skill to DK, and fitting for the class ( physically alters the world around them. ) This would ALSO help our terrible sustain issues.

Obsidian Shield: Should have a Magicka Morph, but it's low stakes.

Obsidian Shard: I tried running this skill in PvP in duo but the fact it can "miss" a target makes it more or less worthless in a pinch, which is the point of a burst heal. Make it not need a target, the damage is so small it doesn't really matter, in PvE it's fine since most enemies do not dodge you.

Magma Armor: The damage from this skill is abysmal and it has no further affects that help damage like corrosive, not saying put pen on magma, that would be pretty stupid since we have so much already as light armor wearers.

Eruption and Mountain Blessing: You get one tick every 18(24 if elf bane) seconds even though the cooldown is only 6 seconds, it should be on cast OR on hit for earthen heart abilities. This small addition of ult would help us but not be overtuned.

Draconic Power:

Volatile Armor: It should be fire damage and hurt more than it currently does, you could make it do more damage only to non players if it's a balance issue in PvP.

Burning Talons: Reduce the immobilization duration if need be for this morph, but it should have a longer damage duration by default, I shouldn't be required to wear Elf Bane to make it usable.

Deep Breath: Everyone has an opinion for how this skill should behave, personally, I think it should act like prox det, not require to hit a target, and remove the heal if you think it's too much damage. This would give it a usable state in PvE. The interrupt should be on the base skill.
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good! Now we just need ZOS to look.

...Still waiting on that last part.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting any kind of response
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but knowing Zos they won't even care to listen.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of this would be amazing, and even though the introduction of the magic status effect made Volatile armor restore some magicka to us thanks to the minor magicka steal that comes with it, it'd be great if volatile armor did indeed deal flame damage.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Here i am trying to find a way to make 1vxing more challenging by being an argonian mag dk...
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    Molten Weapons: This skill annoys me more than any other.
    Me too, because the original iteration of Igneous Weapons added bonus flame damage to each LA/HA while active, which actually was pretty cool and unique. No clue why this was nerfed, don't see why they can't bring back this effect.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, because the original iteration of Igneous Weapons added bonus flame damage to each LA/HA while active, which actually was pretty cool and unique. No clue why this was nerfed, don't see why they can't bring back this effect.

I think it was in response for one Tamriel when classes got stamified.

I wish they made two base skills one stam and one mag so they didn't take away so many good magicka morphs and so Stamina could have their own identity instead of a borrowed one. They would require 10 skills and 2 ults per line to manage, but it would be more interesting and open doors for many classes to have other than mag or stam. This could alleviate many problems.. but I digress as this is not my focus on this particular post.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it was in response for one Tamriel when classes got stamified.

I wish they made two base skills one stam and one mag so they didn't take away so many good magicka morphs and so Stamina could have their own identity instead of a borrowed one. They would require 10 skills and 2 ults per line to manage, but it would be more interesting and open doors for many classes to have other than mag or stam. This could alleviate many problems.. but I digress as this is not my focus on this particular post.

A more elegant solution would probably have been to simply allow for more/most abilities to scale from Max Stats.

That way, you could have class abilities cost whatever resource that made sense from an RPG perspective while still allowing both specs to benefit from most/all class abilities.

There's still time to implement something like this and it somewhat seems as though this is the general direction that skills have been trending in.