The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does anyone know any efficient ways to solo level

Eragonhorus
Eragonhorus
Soul Shriven
I'm fairly new and I know running campaign will give me good levels but I'm wondering if there are better ways

Best Answers

• Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    Many do crafting writs, I personaly have leveled all my chars in battlegrounds (they are fast and provide good EXP, the more the points You made at the end more the EXP earned).

There are zones in the world with a respawn rate pretty High and people use to farm EXP there (One Is located in stormhaven, don't Remember where exactly but there are Trolls/Ogre and bears with some ruins), this Is the most efficient way but to me Is Boring as hell.

You can Also try running random normal dungeon but because of the lack of tank running Randoms, the queue are pretty long sometime; You can try to farm public dungeons as a similar aproach.
    Edited by Icy_Nelyan on April 29, 2021 2:27AM
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling to 50 isn't exactly the point, for reasons such as:
    • You wear max gear at Level 50, CP 160. So if anything is the target, it's that.
    • Actually, champion points beyond 160 are useful too.
    • Especially for your first character, gaining skill points is important.
    • There are various particular skill lines that are important to level too.

Anyhow, tips for gaining XP and other advantages include:
    • Wear gear with the Training trait (your weapons perhaps excepted).
    • The first time you complete a dolmen, delve or world boss, you get extra XP.
    • The main quest gives both a lot of skill points and a lot of quest XP.
    • Quest XP is particularly good, because you can use it to level skills and class/weapon/armor skill lines of your choice.
    • Public dungeons give 1 1/3 skill points each AND are often great places to farm mobs for XP.
    • Dolmens have lots of mobs that give XP.

Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides finding a good grinding spot (like Vivec's Antlers in Stonefalls etc) you can earn good XP by just doing the main quests for the Prophet and your faction main quests.

Combine that with XP pots/scrolls and/or double XP events and you'll be level 50 in no time.
    bye1.gif

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual xp will come as you do things. I try to get into a daily routine early so by the time I get some levels, I have the skill lines and support that I need. Train your horse every day - it will take 180 days to full train. Do a daily Undaunted delve to provide a gradual but reliable progression to your Undaunted skill line. Bolgrul the quest giver has a pool of 5 delves from each alliance - he will give you only ones from your alliance until you reach L50. Then he will give you any of the 15 after that. Once you learn where the ones you need are, they are easy/fast. Do a Mages Guild daily quest (public dungeon) every day to steadily level the MG.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always beat normal maelstrom asap, straight from wailing prison. You will be level 10 after completion and eligible for dungeons which have great xp and a skill point for the story.

Wear the title... Nobody kicks the level 11 Maelstrom arena champ lol.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So when you say solo - how solo are you talking? Like using group finder or no?

My first couple of toons I leveled questing, that was before I knew much about the game. It took a long time, granted that was some time ago. Here's a few ideas, and mix and match as you like

1. Do your dailies. Zones, dungeons, and battle grounds all offer daily quests.
    2. All aboard! Run the dolmen circuits, you get some good jewelry and experience.
    3. Unlock wayshrines. Can't tell you how many times I've been super close to getting a level and didn't want to do another quest or something time intensive. Just ran to a few wayshrines and dinged.
    4. World bosses and zone events. Many zones have active WB farms and Craglorn is a pretty hopping zone. You can just tag along to some open groups.
    5. Complete zone stories and follow the chronology of the game. You'll level and experience the stories.

Honestly though, please take your time and enjoy the game (bugs and all). You'll make better memories than lusting after max level.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly new and I know running campaign will give me good levels but I'm wondering if there are better ways

Despite what other's say about not feeling rushed to get past lvl 50 and just do the campaign I strongly disagree. Do the campaign, quests, public dungeons & group dungeons (on normal) once you're lvl 50 so that you start earning CP as early as possible.

As soon as you can get a port to craglorn, go to the spellscar wayshrine and just follow the other people that are grinding around. Just make sure you have one good aoe so that you can earn xp from as many of the mobs that other people are killing.... And yeah, try to wear as many pieces of training gear from 1-50
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others recommended pvp but I advise against it, given you are new. Since you don't have the knowledge or gear to pvp, you will only be frustrated and driven away from the game. Farm pvp until you become strong and knowledgable enough for pvp, using these steps:
    1. Unlock the fighters guild and undaunted skill lines so that they are levelled while doing the following
    2. Ask someone to craft you full training gear
    3. Use the experience scrolls you get for free
    4. If there is an exp boosting event, make sure you activate it
    5. Do a random normal dungeon once per day (in the Activity Finder menu)
    6. Go to Sentinel in Alik'r Desert and type in zone chat "+dolmen"
    7. Join a dolmen group, teleport to the players and follow them across the map as they clear the dolmens
    8. Go to any public dungeon, join a group and sweep through it clearing the fast-spawning mobs and killing the bosses. This will give you skill points and exp at the same time
    9. You need to collect skill points, delves, public dungeons, and the story of group dungeons will give you skill points and skyshards, along with decent exp.
    10. Remember to change skills on your active bar so that they level up, and wear at least one piece of each type of armor
    11. Profit??
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think "playing the game" is the best way to play the game.
    Grab quests, kill stuff while on the way, pick up stuff while on the way.
    This is not really minmaxing, but the experience gained from killing random critters in the world is not better or worse than sticking to the quests. Minmaxing is boring, and progress hits a hard wall if your daily bonus is over.
    Also watch out for (free) experience scrolls from the daily login rewards. A great way to gain a lot of experience in a short time.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the daily quests in chapter/DLC zones to level. Once you learn how to do them and unlock shrines, the quest become pretty quick and the XP is pretty good. Has the bonus of quest loot, some of which can be quite valuable.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am sure many gave advice above on how to maximize your "grind", but I will agree with those that said don't, especially on your first character. You will need undaunted levels, mage guild, fighters guild, probably psijic as well. Leveling quickly and going back to do them, is heinous. They level considerably slower once you are higher level (at least in my experience) and you just turned getting all those into a grind as well, instead of just having fun playing the game.

Also, as a GM of a rather large guild, I would say 85% of the fast burnouts I have seen give up are the folks who power leveled their way up, then realized they were broke in game and couldn't even afford a set of CP 160 gear, had no extra skills unlocked, and were not qualified to run any veteran content due to their lack of those skills.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leveling quickly isn’t too useful if you aren’t also collecting skill points, which you’ll need to buy and morph your skills. You can get skill points in several ways — one per level (some levels, like 30 and 40, will give you more), finishing quests in group dungeons, doing the group event for the first time in public dungeons, collecting skyshards (3 skyshards = 1 skillpoint), doing certain main quests in each alliance (usually 3 skill points per zone), doing all the quests of the Main Quest (the Prophet/plane meld story), completing the arenas, doing the main storyline in each DLC zone, leveling up your rank in PvP in Cyrodiil.

Particularly if you want to craft on the character you’re leveling, you’re going to need more skill points than you need just for your weapon and class skills. Also, in my experience, stamina characters, who have access to more weapons than magicka characters, tend to need a few more skill points.

You can get the skill points you need by generally experiencing most of the game’s content — quests, exploration, dungeons, delves, and, if you enjoy it, PvP.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new, and I've IGNORED every opinion on leveling.

This is an MMORpg Open World ala be it sandbox game.

It has been out a LONG time. You trying to compete w/ the big dogs is useless.

Now, my opinion is no better than others, but since I'm a noob, you may like it.

I started 6 days ago...Blackwood Collection

Started in "New" Tutorial...

Googled - How to get to Cold Harbour Tutorial

Got there, did it...

Completed Khenarthi's Roost

Now in Auridon...

All Quests, All Guilds, All Crafting...

Started at the south end of the island, zig zagging north the whole way.

I just passed the halfway point.

World Bosses, use the "ZONE" chat to call out for help....

Taking my sweet arsed time...

There is no rush...really, there isn't.

This game is massive, tons of things to do, you need to choose, unless your the type who has all 24hrs/day to play.

I don't...

3-4hrs most days, if R/L stuffz don't interfere...

Pace yourself. This isn't a just a game, it can become your whole life....

Choose the way you want to do it....

Ignore the rest of us....

Ciao!