The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any Up-To-Date Heavy Attack Builds?

MudcrabAttack
MudcrabAttack
✭✭✭✭
There have been many builds over the years for heavy attack pet sorcerer, and I always assumed, "Yeah that's a thing that can work", and even went so far as to recommend it to friends and guildmates who didn't have much luck with light attack weaving. Then I went on the PTS to quickly gear up and test out probably one of the most-clicked builds on the internet, and it pains me to say it, but I regret recommending it to people. It seems like pretty low DPS, even with the whole new "Weapons Expert" CP that buffs heavy and light attacks. Is it that bad or is it just me? Does anyone have any suggestions to help out this heavy attack build?

I tested out many different gear sets on the same skill setup to see if gear was where it went wrong. And the skills of the build I looked up had no built-in major sorcery or major prophecy, some of my friends and guildmates aren't even aware those things exist since they can't afford the crafted potions, so I tried it with skills that add the buffs rather than using potions.

Mothers sorrow + Necropotence + Valkyn Skoria - 52K
jhQfMDz.png
KjgU68v.png

Infallible + Sergeant + Valkyn Skoria - 56k
lviLo1u.png
cfMMGYG.png

Infallible + Medusa + llambris - 62k, (I remembered to hit the Scamp button from here on)
5oe7dWk.png
scc8OcS.png

Infallible + Medusa + Harpooners kilt + 1pc Slimecraw - 69k,
GKhf4xd.png
yvFzIsn.png

Infallible + Torugs + Harpooners kilt + 1pc Slimecraw - 64k,
S1f90S8.png
GEytetH.png

Siroria + Medusa + Harpooners kilt + 1pc Slimecraw - 64k,
zvDRFxo.png
P1au131.png

So far it looks like Infallible + Medusa, and the Harpooners kilt is kind of good for the next patch. With that combo it's getting close to where I was hoping to see it, but am I missing anything?
Edited by MudcrabAttack on April 29, 2021 12:10AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U r doing it wrong mate, use stronger dots (lightning flood is bad, sadly) and use mage guilds skills before the heavy attack (fire rune is your semi spammable)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t recommend anything specific to heavy attack builds, but you would do more damage with the Flame enchant on the Precise front bar, and the Berserker on the Infused back bar. Or if you want to take it a step further for single target DPS then use Flame and Poison enchants, and drop the Berserker whenever you don’t care about AoE.

You should also try vMA inferno back bar since Flame Wall deals about 30% more damage. Wall of Storms isn’t needed since the Iron Atro provides its own off-balance, and it has the Engulfing Flames debuff.
  • Erebear
    Erebear
    You can also try Infal, with Nobel duelist. Add a VMA flame staff to your back bar and run slimcraw.