The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

crystalized shields problem

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
the problematic with this skill is the magicka return. its not as problematic as old dk wings which reflected 100 % of the dmg but crystalized shields are allready cheaper + return magicka.

that skill is not a huge problem but a warden can infinitly stall a fight against magicka user with it.

it would have been wiser to make the skill regenerate hp instead.
Edited by Noctus on April 27, 2021 10:13PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens in general good use some minor nerfs but that's been true for a long time.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Wardens in general good use some minor nerfs but that's been true for a long time.

All I need to do is make a pvp build for my warden and start enjoying it. They'll nerf it for sure then...

Wardens rejoice I haven't done that yet :D
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stam maybe, but not my support Warden.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden heal is already gonna be nerfed. Only one outstanding skill is subassault IMO. Those AoE delayed burst skills should get 20-30% damage nerf on them to be fair, blastbones too. Everybody will still use them.

Crystallized, well. It is very problematic to cast as stamden because you already drain your manapool on the buffs, and you don't have much magicka recovery. So yeah, that's magden tool. And idk honestly if magdens need any nerfs at this point.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Warden heal is already gonna be nerfed. Only one outstanding skill is subassault IMO. Those AoE delayed burst skills should get 20-30% damage nerf on them to be fair, blastbones too. Everybody will still use them.

Crystallized, well. It is very problematic to cast as stamden because you already drain your manapool on the buffs, and you don't have much magicka recovery. So yeah, that's magden tool. And idk honestly if magdens need any nerfs at this point.

People made this argument for wings on DK, and it was proven false and resulted in wings getting nerfed for DK. If you can sustain it on an HP warden, there is no logical argument for why it would not also be sustainable in the same way on a stam warden.

Warden shield is pretty much absolute defense against ranged damage, much like Ball of Lightning, as long as you can keep it up.

BUT you don't need to even keep it up 100% of the time, only when you know something hard-hitting is coming. Ex. When you see an NB cloak or see them snipe, cast it after 1 sec and negate their damage. Similar for mag builds.

Also, the Warden's defensive kit is still overtuned even if both of those skills got nerfed because it has the best purge in the game - a passive one that doesn't require you to waste a frame of time in combat to cleanse debuffs and it restores magicka/stam.

The other heals on the class also are better than any of the base classes, and let's not even talk about how the class is littered with buffs and how strong minor toughness is in a PvP scenario esp. when stacking hp...