The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina DD versus Void Mage + Flame?!?! --> vet Vateshran Hollow

ThePlayer
ThePlayer
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I have already completed this arena with 2 magicka DDs, in veteran of course, and although I know the tactics now with the templar stamina (but I think it is a problem with all the stamina DDs) I am having problems with the void mage skill -> the one that throws flames (I don't remember the name);

Maybe is a flame mage, anyway the problem generally occurs when there are 2 of these wizards and they are in unreachable positions due to aoe or circle of death-> the green one.

Now I agree that it is the last boss but it seems to me that there is an imbalance between magicka DDs a and stamina DDs, and I don't even say to eliminate these adds, but at least make them spawn in the edges and not always in the center where the green circle closes .

I wrote here because it seems almost a bug, receiving like 10k of damage per second, because the 2/3 wizards are not reachable, plus if you considering the passive light armor, the DDs stamina lack of it (it's about resistance to magic damage)= totally unbalanced as a fight
P.S. I got to the last stage, with the boss at 15%, so I will almost certainly complete it, it just doesn't seem like a fun fight using DDs stamina.
Edited by ThePlayer on April 27, 2021 6:00PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think a simple solution would be to slot Venom arrow. It provides a ranged interrupt. And at least running this on Mag, I use crushing shock to interrupt the flamecasters from range.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would also recommend venom arrow, also I'm mostly avoiding damage by rolls on both mag and stam when I can't reach the mage or alternatively you might look onto brawler skill to make it even easier.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same as in vMA, venom arrow for interrupts.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw I didn't used it in vateshran to tell if that's good there but did in maelstrom pushes - silver leash adds that are placed out of reach, not sure if those mages are pullable but no hurt in trying if not going for scores yet.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I would think a simple solution would be to slot Venom arrow. It provides a ranged interrupt. And at least running this on Mag, I use crushing shock to interrupt the flamecasters from range.

Shrouded daggers interrupts and do cleave damage.
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did in the end, not easy but not impossible (sure a lot more easy with the magicka DD), i was even without stamina buff.