The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how to get or buy crown gems?

Dracofyre
Dracofyre
✭✭✭✭
how much it cost me to get 100 crown gems? want to get that Hircinth statue, currently i only have 25 gems.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to chuck enough money at crown crates to get duplicates of items, or convert tons of crown potions/other filler into gems. That's the only way.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer: buy crates. In this case it's best to buy the Wild Hunt crates because then there's a chance you'll get the statue directly.

Crown gems are the compensation prize in crown crates. If you get a collectable item (like a costume or mount) which you've already got then you automatically get 1/3 of it's value as gems instead. Consumable items like potions and XP scrolls go into your inventory and then if you don't want them you can exchange them for gems as well.

As a result it's impossible to say exactly how much you'll have to spend to get 100 gems, because it depends on how many items from the crates you already have and your luck when opening them. At absolute maximum it should take you 25 crates, because if you get really unlucky on the other stuff you'll get 3 consumables which can be turned into 1 gem each, and that will give you the 75 you're missing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, thanks for info. just asking estimate cost.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um, it took me 15 crates and sold some older items, so now i have that statue. not big as i thought.