The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Trial dummy - not equivalent to a trial

SirNom
SirNom
✭✭✭
When can we expect the "trial dummy" to get an update to buffs and debuffs? Currently it is missing a number of important buffs and debuffs and it does not represent an optimised trial setup

Can we get a list of all the current trial dummy buffs and debuffs available to see before and after purchase of the dummy - I do not know what I am buying, it just says trial dummy

Could we please get an updated dummy, perhaps also an update that allows you to interact with the dummy and change the buffs and debuffs (not just turn on and off, but % uptimes or something, because 100% major force previously was not realistic)

Cheers
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it would be helpful for actual practice, being able to change the buffs and debuffs would make it much harder to use the trial dummy as a standard for parsing. So it would need an easy way to reset to "default."
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭
    While it would be helpful for actual practice, being able to change the buffs and debuffs would make it much harder to use the trial dummy as a standard for parsing. So it would need an easy way to reset to "default."

yeh not a bad idea, perhaps add ons could provide different dummy setups so people could change the settings for specific groups - something similar to what we have/had for cp changing or even gear changing with dressing room or alpha gear

in terms of standards then, the guild asking for parses could have a setup saved and could share it specifically with other people for their dummy parse
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    As a goof, I would love it if they made it so the dummies could fight back. Could help with testing with Companions, but I think it would be funny if for April Fools, they just made it so when you attacked your Iron Atronach, he would just oneshot pummel you then go back to standing still.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    That said, I would like Challengers as a thing where you could have NPC's you can place who fight when engaged in combat. Just for fun.