The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

State of Crimson and other scaling issues in PTS

TheAlphaRaider
TheAlphaRaider
✭✭✭
Crimson is actually getting buffed with the scaling. As discussed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQdKdNWGXFE. What are your thoughts? Crimson directly defies the idea of trade offs between damage and survivability. A scaling nerf isn't a nerf if it just forces everyone to use the most annoying proc set of all.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, I imagine stacking HP with infused traits on a heavy armor necro is going to be pretty fun, especially when you stack two over sets ontop of Crimson. Imagine what a 100k HP necro is going to be able to do with this setup in PVP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, its the first week of PTS.

I guarantee yall the scaling wont hit live as is
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 23, 2021 9:53PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree it probably won't go live like this, but we have seen ZOS ignore feedback throughout the PTS before. Like when they initially buffed them in markarth or when they increased dots by like 200-400% in scalebreaker. So I think they will fix it given the 6 months behind us and the actual purpose of this change, but I am still justifiably skeptical.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God I hope you're right.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No damage procs should scale off health.

Proc damage should scale off max(stam+wep.damage, mag+spell.damage), as all the skills do.

Proc healing can scale off max health if it is thematically relevant (as in, not a healer set).
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not an issue.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

Proc damage should scale off max(stam+wep.damage, mag+spell.damage), as all the skills do.

Proc healing can scale off max health if it is thematically relevant (as in, not a healer set).

Agreed. Isn't the entire issue people stacking defense and still having viable damage through procs? This set does the exact opposite of that goal. Even scaling the heal off of health is counter to the goal, though it would be better than damage and heal scaling off of health.
  • Anonx31st
    Anonx31st
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks should be able to have sets for DPS so they can do solo content like quests without having to spend money on the respect costs, etc. By having a couple DPS sets for tanks, this will get some more people to play as a tank, and as a result, reduce the tank shortage.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

"Damage scaling based on health" is a PvE tank feature. PvE tanks can deal damage with those abilities / sets.
    This simply make PvP balance even more horrible... I wish developers try to fight Crimson Stamdens and Crimson Stamcros and share us their feelings.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I find it disturbing that crimson health scaling is actively being considered.

Based on your comment I assume you have inside information, but past experience is that there is a 50/50 chance something in the first patch notes goes live as is. It takes considerable effort to get ZOS to back something out.

• Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are new builds that scale off stam/mag that give the wearer a rolling 5-6k hot :smile: while in a full damage build. Good thing they nerfed proc sets. All of the peasants will say good change; then the gods will exploit these builds until these same peasants cry for nerfs. There is simply way too much power in the game on the pts.

For the Queen bby
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are new builds that scale off stam/mag that give the wearer a rolling 5-6k hot :smile: while in a full damage build. Good thing they nerfed proc sets. All of the peasants will say good change; then the gods will exploit these builds until these same peasants cry for nerfs. There is simply way too much power in the game on the pts.

I've been waiting to see the immortal no-effort-heals-forever magsorc and warden builds, but I'm glad the health-scaling *** was called out first.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faded wrote: »

I've been waiting to see the immortal no-effort-heals-forever magsorc and warden builds, but I'm glad the health-scaling *** was called out first.

What makes you think they are going to remove the no-proc limits on Cyro? Ever. I bet they expand it to all PVP.

The proc changes make perfect sense if ZOS plans to permanently remove procs from pvp and limit players to 20 sets.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey if it leads to PvP healing across the board being absolutely gutted, then mission accomplished.
    katorga wrote: »
    What makes you think they are going to remove the no-proc limits on Cyro?
    You should probably read the PTS notes or try Cyro on PTS.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    Hey if it leads to PvP healing across the board being absolutely gutted, then mission accomplished.
    katorga wrote: »
    What makes you think they are going to remove the no-proc limits on Cyro?
    You should probably read the PTS notes or try Cyro on PTS.

I think you mean, gut anything that makes a zerg invincible. Zergs kill the pvp experience. Zergs keep people from reaching their full potential. All see though is sets and buffs that promote zerging. I do love a good zerg in order to farm ap now and then, which means that there is only more incentive to zerg than not to. Its out of balance. 25 people hitting rapid regen and splurging nonsense onto a screen makes the game stupid. There isnt even any strategy. Most servers can only support maybe 2 zergs so they just push one or objectives as a group usually. An in no cp, its even more ridiculously out of balance. I don't enjoy cyrodiil with or without procs. Its just an awful zergfest.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crimson Twilight: Reduced the damage done by this set by approximately 44%.

Sets that use Health now require 43,968 to reach their original values, up from 38,350, resulting in approximately a 13% reduction.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Sets that use Health now require 43,968 to reach their original values, up from 38,350, resulting in approximately a 13% reduction.

A health based char has no issue hitting 44k and beyond. They really need to just cap this stuff and not let it keep scaling.
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

A health based char has no issue hitting 44k and beyond. They really need to just cap this stuff and not let it keep scaling.

A 44k health build with good Crimson healing but 44% reduced damage isn't fearsome at all. It won't have the weapon damage needed to level the other OP proc sets given it also needs to have some form of sustain. In my view that would be just another variation of a clown form build that you can simply irgnore.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to hit 66k health to hit where it was.
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 4, 2021 11:57AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

A 44k health build with good Crimson healing but 44% reduced damage isn't fearsome at all. It won't have the weapon damage needed to level the other OP proc sets given it also needs to have some form of sustain. In my view that would be just another variation of a clown form build that you can simply irgnore.

They nerfed only the damage part and not the healing part? -If so I'll still use it on my PvE tank, as the burst heal is the most useful feature for me when running pugs. Just a few K healing is not enough to prevent death on a 50K tank after being whacked down by a boss, so if they nerfed heal as much as damage it's not worth running in PvE either...
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They nerfed only the damage part and not the healing part? -If so I'll still use it on my PvE tank, as the burst heal is the most useful feature for me when running pugs. Just a few K healing is not enough to prevent death on a 50K tank after being whacked down by a boss, so if they nerfed heal as much as damage it's not worth running in PvE either...

If the healing is strong enough that you basically eliminate part of the healing role, then it was probably overtuned for PVE as well.

I think ZOS was supposed to be looking into the role balance, and finding a way to counter the near elimination of healers from 4-man content. Sucks that tanks loose a good tool for overland content, but for the tank role, endgame balance has to come first.
    Edited by Greasytengu on May 7, 2021 8:21PM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭

If the healing is strong enough that you basically eliminate part of the healing role, then it was probably overtuned for PVE as well.

I think ZOS was supposed to be looking into the role balance, and finding a way to counter the near elimination of healers from 4-man content. Sucks that tanks loose a good tool for overland content, but for the tank role, endgame balance has to come first.

Why are you talking about PVE in our PVP thread? Devs this comment doesn't belong here.
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭

I agree it probably won't go live like this, but we have seen ZOS ignore feedback throughout the PTS before. Like when they initially buffed them in markarth or when they increased dots by like 200-400% in scalebreaker. So I think they will fix it given the 6 months behind us and the actual purpose of this change, but I am still justifiably skeptical.

Agree, justified skepticism for sure.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you talking about PVE in our PVP thread? Devs this comment doesn't belong here.

Did you even read the comment I was replying to?

Also the general consensus in PVE land is that the tank sets are being nerfed just for the benefit of PVP balance, when they rarely stop to think about role balance in their own content. That is something that needs to change in general, Just because roles arnt competing with each other in their content doesn't mean that they are balanced.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "