The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No-CP No Proc Magsorc sets?

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
What's the current setup for average Magsorc? I've been off for 6 months i missed a lot of updates. I die very quick now and it seems like every class hits like a truck now. Every stam class has +30k health and they heal a lot. I'm using 6 light 1 heavy, crafty alfiq + seducer. Resto staff back bar. Spell damage nearly 3.2k, magicka 40k and health 23k. My resistances are trash too.

Thanks for your help :)
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc has always worked really well without procs and I'd argue even in the proc meta its best setup was max stat sets, mostly due to shields. Some combination of crafty with ancient grace and trainee is pretty standard atm. I'm using 5 light and 1 med with 1 heavy. Medium armor has some helpful bonuses for magsorc because you will be rolling alot so you want that roll reduction and stam recovery. Having all 3 weights of armor gives you the most of the undaunted passive and I like to have a lot of each resource on magsorc. Right not seducer is one of the sets that isn't working due to no procs in cyro right now.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R u in Cyrodill or BGs or IC

For about 1 more month proc sets (any set that isnt just a flat number) arent working

Aka seducer has no 5th piece effect in Cyrodill
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing a loooooot of people put fortified brass on their magsorcs. Paired with crafty, domi and swarm mother.
    Even spinners.
    Tanky af and still with enough damage to get people down.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭

For about 1 more month proc sets (any set that isnt just a flat number) arent working

In Cyrodiil. I didn't know seducer was also a proc set thanks!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean Magnus? Seducer is flat 8% cost reduction, but Magnus is 15% chance to negate the cost of the skill.
    PC | EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you mean Magnus? Seducer is flat 8% cost reduction, but Magnus is 15% chance to negate the cost of the skill.

Seducer is considered a proc too as it needs to make a calculation each time you use a skill.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    I'm seeing a loooooot of people put fortified brass on their magsorcs. Paired with crafty, domi and swarm mother.
    Even spinners.
    Tanky af and still with enough damage to get people down.

Pretty much this.

But I prefer 3 Ancient Grace and 2 Trainee over Crafty. You lose like 800 magica but gain 1.4k health. I think it's worth it.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Seducer is considered a proc too as it needs to make a calculation each time you use a skill.

Well that sucks, but good to know.
    PC | EU