The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fake tank and heavy attacking damage dealer

jane_01215
jane_01215
✭✭
So it happened yesterday. Veteran dungeon finder dropped me in Darkshade Carverns II. Tank was apparently fake with 20K HP and group DPS wasn't very impressive and one damage dealer was heavy attacking all the time and the other came without buff food. I felt it was going to be hard. I wasn't sure if I should put on heavy armor and slot taunt or put on Mother's Sorrow and contribute to group DPS. Either way, I was willing to do it.
Then my mind changed when the fake tank started a vote to kick the heavy attacking damage dealer. I was like "what? you fake tank have what kind of nerve to kick a person?". I disagreed and immediately started another vote to kick the fake tank. People didn't agree, either. The fake tank eventually left group himself. (I really wish we could kick him first!)

So after a while we got a lower CP but real tank, and we offered the hungry DD some tasty buff food. The heavy attacking DD got disconnected later on but 3 of us finished the dungeon.

For the fake tank, if you're reading this post - No it's not the heavy attacking DD but you that I want to kick. Whether you can hold aggro just fine or can pull more damage than them doesn't matter to me. You're still a liar and they're honest people. The damage dealer may not be ready for veteran contents but your action is wrong. You should politely explain why he should improve himself before jumping into harder content. I guarantee that you'll be the one be kicked if we meet again and you insist to kick someone again.

And in case the damage dealer who was heavy attacking can see this post, sorry if you came online later and found everyone left. We would wait if we were sure you would come back but we weren't. Find me in game later if you want help with any content that you want to clear. And - importantly - please practice light attack weaving and skill rotation otherwise not every group will welcome you.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I met the same heavy attack guy in vDoM :grimace: dungeon is pretty ez so other dd carried it, but eh, having 15% of group dmg as the tank is boring.
  • lazywhiteseal
    lazywhiteseal
    ✭✭✭
    so he was continuously heavy attack without any skills? i would have kicked him instead of the fake tank.
    at least the fake tank is doing more damage.
    using nothing but heavy attack in vetetan is just being a troll or griefer. griefers are more of an abomination than a fake tank. at least the fake tank doesnt gain pleasure by annoying others
    ps its probably the dd who declined when you started a vote to kick fake tank. thats what they love. they get horny when they see other people argue with each other
    Edited by lazywhiteseal on April 22, 2021 6:15AM
  • MoreTune
    MoreTune
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I queue on my main tank (fully geared yolnahkrin and powerful assault, aka buffing group dps by a lot) I get dps who enter veteran dungeons with sword and board lol. I give it one pull and if the first boss takes more than 2 minutes. I try and vote kick or I leave and take the additional 8 minute penalty. Mostly I try and form a custom group when I’m on my tank.

When I queue as a fake tank on my dps (only fake tank normal dungeons) I either solo carry the dungeon within 5 minutes. Or get kicked and requeue.

The second option is always better for me and less stressful than watching a sword and board dps in a vet dungeon.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so he was continuously heavy attack without any skills? i would have kicked him instead of the fake tank.
    at least the fake tank is doing more damage.
    using nothing but heavy attack in vetetan is just being a troll or griefer. griefers are more of an abomination than a fake tank. at least the fake tank doesnt gain pleasure by annoying others

It's interesting to see this different view of the same situation. It's important to note that there isn't necessarily a right or wrong way to handle it. It comes down to how the group in that situation feels about it. Maybe the other 3 dislike the fake tank. Maybe they dislike the low dps. Maybe they just kick randomly for no reason. It's a social situation that anyone in the random queue needs to accept. Sometimes you can play exactly the way you want, whether it's good or bad objectively and it doesn't matter if the other 3 people disagree with something they see in you whether it's your raw damage or just the way you treat others.
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 22, 2021 6:17AM
  • lazywhiteseal
    lazywhiteseal
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTune wrote: »
    When I queue on my main tank (fully geared yolnahkrin and powerful assault, aka buffing group dps by a lot) I get dps who enter veteran dungeons with sword and board lol. I give it one pull and if the first boss takes more than 2 minutes. I try and vote kick or I leave and take the additional 8 minute penalty. Mostly I try and form a custom group when I’m on my tank.

When I queue as a fake tank on my dps (only fake tank normal dungeons) I either solo carry the dungeon within 5 minutes. Or get kicked and requeue.

The second option is always better for me and less stressful than watching a sword and board dps in a vet dungeon.

i welcome fake tanks in norms. many norm dungeons are too easy that tanks are quite useless. 3dd 1 healer setup is much better.
  • jane_01215
    jane_01215
    ✭✭
    ps its probably the dd who declined when you started a vote to kick fake tank. thats what they love. they get horny when they see other people argue with each other

No he was only CP151 I guess he reached there within days with power leveling. I would think differently if his CP was over 300.
    And yes probably I could finish it faster if I agreed to kick the poor DD but that's not what I want. I was going to accept everything - fake tank and inexperienced DD - but.. it changed when someone began insisting on kicking another.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both don't care about ruining things for others. People may not understand rotations, gear, or which skills to use. But they know they should be using skills. Even my 86 year old grandma button mashes on the very rare occasion she humors her great grandson (not my kid) with a street fighter match. It's such an intuitive thing to do when playing a video game, and pressing more than one button is such a staple of every game, that I can't respect any dps that won't at the very least toss out some skills at random.

That seems deliberate to me.
  • lazywhiteseal
    lazywhiteseal
    ✭✭✭
    jane_01215 wrote: »

No he was only CP151 I guess he reached there within days with power leveling. I would think differently if his CP was over 300.
    And yes probably I could finish it faster if I agreed to kick the poor DD but that's not what I want. I was going to accept everything - fake tank and inexperienced DD - but.. it changed when someone began insisting on kicking another.

still doesnt answer my question though. was he using skills or not.....

if he wasnt hes 99% a griefer. in tutorial you learn all new things. even a total newbie to mmrpg itself would know how to use skills.

i dont care if the dd doesnt output much dps. and im not saying the fake tank is in thr right here too. fake tanking in vet dungeons can cause problem for other 3 players. what im saying is griefer are worse than fake tanks. both are bad but if i were to choose one to stay it would be fake tank.

griefer want nothing but to annoy other players in all games.
  • jane_01215
    jane_01215
    ✭✭
    I didn't pay attention whether he was casting skills or not. I only saw long glowing arc between his lightning staff and the boss. Don't know or didn't even bother about how many trolls were there, I just assumed from his CP that he was inexperienced.
    Whether he was just inexperienced or was trolling, liars don't have the right to complain IMO. The other DD and I were faithfully playing our roles and didn't complain a bit so what should make the fake tank thinking that he has the right to kick someone?
    Edited by jane_01215 on April 22, 2021 7:04AM
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly my pug issues with DS2 is always some bugger who decides to afk at that moment when everyone enters the door, or someone moves too in front and starts the boss fight when not everyone is in the room. :D
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I think I met the same heavy attack guy in vDoM :grimace: dungeon is pretty ez so other dd carried it, but eh, having 15% of group dmg as the tank is boring.

ppl want the skin of vdom... and instead of create a group to make it, they preffer to try mmr thinking if someone can help them
  • jane_01215
    jane_01215
    ✭✭
    MalEducado wrote: »
    ppl want the skin of vdom... and instead of create a group to make it, they preffer to try mmr thinking if someone can help them

I remember me jumping into veteran Elden Hollow II when I was just above CP160. I wanted the Nightflame helm. Got one-shot, no one cared and they just burned the boss. Then they even asked if I was looking for anything. Their words were nice but I felt deeply offended and never went into veteran contents for months. Now I meet level 40's in vet dungeons occasionally and although they don't do much damage, I feel obliged to resurrect them whenever they die.

Those people who carried me taught 2 lessons at once - 1) don't rush into harder content until you're ready and 2) be nice to newbies.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm one of the HA deeps :D
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a dps q's as a tank and has a taunt, holds bosses and does enough damage to help group then I wouldn't call that a fake tank. I think I would call it tanking. 20k hp in a base vet dungeon doesn't define tanking one way or the other.
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    British scientists have discovered a solution to your problem.
    Click here to learn about it now for free!!! :
    STOP QUEUING WITH RANDOM PUBTRASH. Join a social/PvE whatever guild with the population of a few hundred members, ask for dd & tank.
    It saves you the headaches until we wait years for ZOS to do something.
    Edited by Túrin_Vidsmidr on April 22, 2021 8:33AM
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
  • jane_01215
    jane_01215
    ✭✭
    British scientists have discovered a solution to your problem.

Haha like your humor. PUG is my best friend. Besides overland questing, I played almost exclusively in PUGs since pre-CP days until now. And I don't mind fake roles, what I don't like is toxic people who can't remember how bad they were in their early days.

In country where I live there are words of wisdom which says:
    The frog can’t remember the times when he was a tadpole.
    Edited by jane_01215 on April 22, 2021 8:54AM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean group tool is not that bad. Its just a surprise mecahnic. Other people pay for stuff like this.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoreTune wrote: »

I queue with PvP bruisers so I'm tough enough to tank and yet do considerable damage (like, I can pull ~25-30k on heavy attack DK).
    Edited by divnyi on April 22, 2021 9:45AM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most fake roles overestimate how good they actually are... by a very very very large margin!

But yeah, those who queue for fake roles do not care about the other players they get grouped with. As it is very selfish behaviour.
    ZOS should enforce roles, somehow. As long as ZOS does not fix it, you will always have players abusing other players.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't pug.
    If you do pug, this is what you get, it is reality.
    Do a search for the hundreds of posts on this topic, your video game ethics do not exist.
    In the real world people walk all over you, why do you expect it to be different in an online game where you essentially have 0 consequences for your actions?

Anyone know the definition of insanity?
    Lol
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake DD's are worse than any fake tank.
    Edited by kiLLahweSPe on April 22, 2021 11:51AM
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • jane_01215
    jane_01215
    ✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    Don't pug.
    Do a search for the hundreds of posts on this topic, your video game ethics do not exist.
    In the real world people walk all over you, why do you expect it to be different in an online game where you essentially have 0 consequences for your actions?

Lol

Umm... wasn't I clear in original post that I was willing to take over tank or DD role as needed? What are points of some "don't play in PUG" comments here?
    Have no time to help random people? Fine, it's completely normal so feel free to leave if you see an inexperienced player in your PUG. Then, you shouldn't expect getting help from random person otherwise you are too selfish.
    So, please leave group if there is someone who is much more experienced than you, too. Then again, the chances of you finding a PUG with everyone in similar skill bracket will be very slim so you better not play in PUG at all.

For me when I queue for random veteran I am ready to do my best no matter how skilled other people are. Sometimes it is great DD who makes whole run easy, sometimes it's good tank who carries whole team, and I am also willing to help random people when they need. If the group can't clear it then fine, I won't be the one who leave first anyway unless my real life doesn't allow me playing any further.

So mind you, it seems to me that it's you who should avoid PUG. I play in PUG all the time and I am ready to help anyone I meet just like me getting help from some other random people. If you don't want to help strangers then you don't play in PUG. But please don't confuse: it's you, not me, thanks.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jane_01215 wrote: »
    mobicera wrote: »
    Don't pug.

Lol

Umm... wasn't I clear in original post that I was willing to take over tank or DD role as needed? What are points of some "don't play in PUG" comments here?
    Have no time to help random people? Fine, it's completely normal so feel free to leave if you see an inexperienced player in your PUG. Then, you shouldn't expect getting help from random person otherwise you are too selfish.
    So, please leave group if there is someone who is much more experienced than you, too. Then again, the chances of you finding a PUG with everyone in similar skill bracket will be very slim so you better not play in PUG at all.

For me when I queue for random veteran I am ready to do my best no matter how skilled other people are. Sometimes it is great DD who makes whole run easy, sometimes it's good tank who carries whole team, and I am also willing to help random people when they need. If the group can't clear it then fine, I won't be the one who leave first anyway unless my real life doesn't allow me playing any further.

So mind you, it seems to me that it's you who should avoid PUG. I play in PUG all the time and I am ready to help anyone I meet just like me getting help from some other random people. If you don't want to help strangers then you don't play in PUG. But please don't confuse: it's you, not me, thanks.

I don't pug
    I know what it is like, I don't like this so I don't take part in it.
    Nice attempt at deflection though...