The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Most Played Class 2021

Freefalling17
Curious to see what the most played classes are and why they play them. Mag and Stam.

Most Played Class 2021 265 votes

Dragonknight
13%
AnyOldIronTheForFeeFSimen.askeland89b16_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOShaloknirVilixitiArcVelarianVDoom1Solid_MetalKezzicTrinityBreakeradirondackXvarleyXOutLaw_NynxPurpleScrollTrinotopsWaltherCarrawaySjuTensarphantasmalD 37 votes
Sorcerer
30%
JarndyceWuffyCeruleiRapscallion74Aektannpriestnall.andrewrwb17_ESOAldia_of_DrangleicJoanOfOrcNettleCarrierBashevxosaara137oxagegartonListerJMCRex-UmbraSleep724RizzlyBearHexysCadburymenedhynThe_LexArchMikem 80 votes
Nightblade
18%
LisaApoAlaiawheresbesMitrengaguulKosefBlkadrGoregrinderredTechIncParasaurolophusCillion3117DrayzonSarannahSahqonKatahdinCeeJonesyKelZer0_CooLLadyLethallaralphylauren 50 votes
Templar
13%
Caligamy_ESODanikatzariaorion_1981usub17_ESODMuehlhausenCendrillion21XuhoraEknaeveEnemy-of-ColdharbourJackeyMikeSkyrim333GarnetFire17ChriagonIcy_WafflesWise_WillallhailskippySilverIce58Shewolf075FroilCielster_Woodmaulese 35 votes
Warden
11%
DarcyMardinAlurriadanno8joleda4ub17_ESOphil.maricel08ub17_ESOArwen72Elo106Destaisix2fallCryptorAstironRupzSkoomaRunefangNiblixred_emuSnowy_Wyndra_Karnamir412WoppaBoemAbelonFata1moose 31 votes
Necromancer
12%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOswaggasmAsysolsborgNastassiyaOtarTheMadlihentianZenzukiBreakfinityMythicEmperorGartecbuldezirGCypher87groober13Extinct_Solo_PlayerphwaapCleymenZerojoergingersirpzHamboot 32 votes
  • XvarleyX
    XvarleyX
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Stam DK, after 2020/2021, i couldn't tell you why.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    XvarleyX wrote: »
    Stam DK, after 2020/2021, i couldn't tell you why.
    Been playing mine since console launch. I’ll never change.

• FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I mostly play on two Necromancers but I have other characters that I hop on every so often when theorycrafting builds.

One is my Selfish Tank the other is a Stamcro 2H build.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcy sorc

(Mag)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them but necro - I have approximately even numbers of each of the other classes, mag and stam, and play them all about the same amount of time.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Since 2014
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on 3 core teams. MagDK on one, Magcro on another and made a Magblade to play on a third team.

I also play Stamden quite often just for fun because I find stam much more fast paced and exciting compared to mag, though less visually pleasing than DK for sure. I’ve got a magplar and a stamblade I mess around with when I want to run extra dailies.

So for me depends on the day and the team. I bring what is needed.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    For life
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO
    Warden
    I’m on 3 core teams. MagDK on one, Magcro on another and made a Magblade to play on a third team.

I also play Stamden quite often just for fun because I find stam much more fast paced and exciting compared to mag, though less visually pleasing than DK for sure. I’ve got a magplar and a stamblade I mess around with when I want to run extra dailies.

So for me depends on the day and the team. I bring what is needed.

Three core teams, all magicka classes. Hopefully the changes to orb and caltrops changes the one-sided endgame PvE meta to stamina or magicka instead of always magicka.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I played all my classes about the same, what I did end up doing was really falling for 2H, and now almost all my stam classes are 2H and use pretty much the same skills.
  • cheriella
    cheriella
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I play a necromancer, that's my only character lol.Wardens would be my alt if I ever make one. <3
    < 3 • ESO: Cherry-xo • Steam: cheriella • My Screenshots below < 3
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Stam DK main since launch.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    sDK, because I hate myself and others
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, it will be magicka for PVE, which is a sad state of things.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I want to say sorc because both versions are still just too good for general pve, but I've also noticed a sharp increase in mag blades doing randoms over the 3 weeks of double xp.

I myself main a stam blade since beta, never going to change.
    Edited by oddbasket on April 20, 2021 10:47PM
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer probably has the largest playerbase currently. Nightblade and Templar don't quite measure up to it in terms of damage or versatility, and while DK might have had a claim to fame when the game first started seven years ago, the only ones still playing it are masochists and those that have all their achievements on the class but won't swap. I guarantee DK's population would tank instantly (no pun intended) if class change tokens were introduced, it's a shell of its former self.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Is the poll asking which class we are playing? Or which class we think is the most played?

Anyway, I think everyone plays Sorc for various reasons, personally I play as a Templar.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Assuming the poll means the class I play the most, I answered Templar (magicka), because I find that the most efficient build for my style of solo PVE play. If I were talking about PvP, it would be a different answer
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    anywhere I go I see sorcs, with pets mostly, majority of classes mains from my not huge trial guild are sorcs :v
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companions...because there are two of them per Player....
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Very very close call between necro and warden
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro, DK & Warden.

My tanks have been doing random normals almost every day.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    sDK, because I hate myself and others

If you didn't before, that'll do it.
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I have 1 of each class, 2 sorc and necros, but i have 4 Nightblades. So assuming the polls asking what i play the most, then nightblade
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Magplar was my first main (since launch) and I still really like templars, but wardens are my favorite now because they are good with both stam and magicka specs. Plus, I can heal, tank or DD with my various wardens.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez....is the year over already!?!?

That flew by faster than 2020!!!
    giphy.gif

Edited by xxthir13enxx on April 21, 2021 3:34AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Magblade but she was stam for 4 months or so.
    Also magsorc.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I love my Dunmer DK. I vary between stam/mag/tank depending on the mood. Right now he's magicka.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Of all time... sDK.

For 2021... magCro

But I still love my Imp sDK that was my main since launch, and have started mixing him back into the rotation. :smiley:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My vampire dunmer sorcerer is probably my most played by far. I think if necromancer wasn't paywalled I would have made him a necromancer instead but the sorcerer class has really grown on me and I'm glad I chose it.