The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about Coagulating Blood ability (Dragonknight class)

warg_derpin_gdf
I know things can be dicey in the fast paced heat of battle, but the Coagulating Blood skill consistenlyfails to fire on the first button press. It's to the point where, comically, I have to press the button twice to get it activated. No other skills in this slot cause this hiccup, and to eliminate it being canceled by opponent actions I variegated when I input it during battles, and I double checked other possible input bugs by deliberately inputting other skills when I intended to activate the Coagulating Blood skill (follow?). My question is, is anyone having any similar input issues.
Edited by warg_derpin_gdf on April 20, 2021 2:05PM
Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    whoops, messed up the italics,lmao, sorry.
    Edited by warg_derpin_gdf on April 20, 2021 2:07PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have issues in lag, but then again lag makes every ability have this hickup. When I run into the issue I hold block, stop moving, and spam Coagulating Blood till it finally casts. It might be a placebo effect but for some reason I have a higher chance of casting abilities if I don't move. I might be crazy or there is something funny about the servers in lag.
    Edited by Vevvev on April 20, 2021 6:04PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half the time in battle I can’t get weapon swap to fire so I am one-barring most melee fights no matter what. As a fellow StamDK I feel your pain on CDB. Try to have a pot ready to burn
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sure, the skill might not even work half the time, but hey, at least if it does work (and you haven't already died), it now costs 400 less Magicka, right? All the thing wrong with DK and ZOS buffs a skill that no one uses, because literally no one can get the skill to work. What an absolute farce.
  • Vilixiti
    Vilixiti
    ✭✭✭
    As a magDK, I find engulfing flames consistently fails to work on the first, and often second, button press. Playing on ZOS servers with 100 ping but it feels more like 600 with the lack of responsiveness.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilixiti wrote: »
    As a magDK, I find engulfing flames consistently fails to work on the first, and often second, button press. Playing on ZOS servers with 100 ping but it feels more like 600 with the lack of responsiveness.

Yes, there's something off about Engulfing Flames. It always has a huge delay (which no instant skill should have), and is also weirdly unreliable.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you guys having trouble with engulfing flames try putting it as the first skill you cast after you swap bars instead of second or third. Depending on what skill you are laying down before it there can be some wonkiness with the animations. Swap cancel works every time and will give your engulfing flames a much smoother start to the beginning of your bar.

Bonus points if you can bash cancel the engulfing animation and move into your next skill especially if casting FoO afterwards because engulfing if not properly cancelled can interfere with FoO as well and can cause it to not cast and when you need your flippy whip is may not be there and cost you the bonus dps plus the ticks on FoO.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you guys having trouble with engulfing flames try putting it as the first skill you cast after you swap bars instead of second or third. Depending on what skill you are laying down before it there can be some wonkiness with the animations. Swap cancel works every time and will give your engulfing flames a much smoother start to the beginning of your bar.

Bar swapping itself does not always work in Cyrodiil B)
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bar swapping itself does not always work in Cyrodiil B)

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reminds me of noxious breath issues...
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I stopped using Noxious Breath because of the hidden cast time and how it misses more often than not. I haven’t tried coag yet but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s bugged either. Now if Zos would look into this...
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill's visuals give me the creeps :/
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • warg_derpin_gdf

Bonus points if you can bash cancel the engulfing animation and move into your next skill especially if casting FoO afterwards because engulfing if not properly cancelled can interfere with FoO as well and can cause it to not cast and when you need your flippy whip is may not be there and cost you the bonus dps plus the ticks on FoO.

Ha! It must be related to this. I swear to glob I thought I was hallucinating when I changed skills around in the slots.