The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Fix] Bethesda Launcher : Do not download all the game again !

JyCS
JyCS
3rudef6mrcnp.jpg
Hello guys ! This topic is an english version of my french's one : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/570582/solution-launcher-bethesda-ne-pas-re-telecharger-le-jeu
Sorry in advance for my primary english.
I particularly recommend the "solution 4" that I have just discovered and that I have not found anywhere else on the net!
Problem encountered: the launcher offers to re-download the game for no valid reason.
This fix is for the Bethesda launcher, not steam! If you adapt these solutions for Steam, you can keep me informed and I will update this topic and credit you for sure.

3rudef6mrcnp.jpg

- Prelude - If my solutions are not enough, you can contact the support here: https://aide.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident?fresh (red button at the bottom "open a case" > technical support> windows> I have a download problem> the installation does not solve the problem> continue to send ticket).

- 1st solution - the simplest, you might as well try. Source : Freezbeez (EU).
"Cleanest solution: it's to quit the launcher and relaunch it, often that's enough."

- 2nd solution - simple, but not very likely to work. Source: Zenimax.
Launch the launcher in administrator mode (option offered by right-clicking on the launcher icon).

- 3rd solution - average chances to works. Source: Zenimax.
Run the launcher, it displays "install" instead of "play".
- Click on "install" and wait for it to start downloading.
- Click on "pause" (the same button) and exit the launcher.
- Relaunch the launcher, and click on "game options" located above the news, then:
* if it says "installing", restart the launcher.
* if it says "updating", click on "cancel".
- Click again on "game options", then on "repair". Wait until the end.
49cbuw9nii5d.jpg

- 4th solution - seems irrelevant but have a little chances to work. Source: Zenimax.
- Authorize the launcher and the game in your Windows firewall, or deactivate it while you test if this has an impact.
- Update your graphics driver.

- 5th solution - seems to be radical. Source: myself :-)
Copy your launcher directory to another drive, preferably at the root of that drive.
Inside this directory copy the game directory.
Run the launcher and update if necessary.
hbux1mhfuusm.jpg
Maybe this works if you move the game within the same disc, and not another (have to be tested).

- Break the thermometer - to do for safety, and allow you to play temporarily. Source: probably a lot of people and myself.
- Go to the game directory and make a copy (to prevent the launcher from destroying your chances, you never know).
You can already launch the game and play with the eso64.exe located in "The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client", but you won't be able to update anymore, so you still need to fix your problem.

@Moderator : you are allowed to fix my text as my english is far to be perfect ;)

Edited by JyCS on April 21, 2021 9:40PM