The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mag DK's are doing great in pvp :D

Veg
Veg
✭✭✭✭✭
So it turns out the devs think that mDK's are just fine in the no proc pvp. 0 changes to damaging abilities in next update. Incredible.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Inappropriate Content]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 20, 2021 3:17PM
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're too great and still OP and need to be nerfed.

Many people don't want to play this OP class in PvP so we rarely see magdks on death recaps.

See those stamdens, stamsorcs, etc.? They're too weak and people like challenge so they use these difficult classes in PvP so we see these classes everywhere in PvP zones.

Buff stamsorc and stamdens! Nerf magdks!
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're too great and still OP and need to be nerfed.

Many people don't want to play this OP class in PvP so we rarely see magdks on death recaps.

See those stamdens, stamsorcs, etc.? They're too weak and people like challenge so they use these difficult classes in PvP so we see these classes everywhere in PvP zones.

Buff stamsorc and stamdens! Nerf magdks!

dont forget my poor stamina dk
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, DK is PvP and powerful.
    Leap solves everything.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magdk is a living god in pvp if played correctly. The dots pressure and whip hitting like frags, that from a defensive class. Best ult in the game, aoe cc with high damage and huge shield in a low cost. Aoe root, undodgeable and unblockable, target cc.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are great for solo and small-scale

Almost irrelevant for optimized group play outside of Chains, Talons, and Standards

We're tanks by nature, buff our defensive passives, CC, group buffs, tank-relevant sustain mechanisms, etc
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS publish death recap statistics, we'll see the recap full of magdk skills, not stamdens, stamsrocs, stamcros.

If ZOS publish PvP class participation, magdks will be the highest ;)
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are great for solo and small-scale

Almost irrelevant for optimized group play outside of Chains, Talons, and Standards

We're tanks by nature, buff our defensive passives, CC, group buffs, tank-relevant sustain mechanisms, etc

You noticed this is a PvP thread right?

Since quite a few patches ago, PvP tank classes are those 50k health wardens who can still deal damage as stamsorcs. Also the 100k health stamcros, especially if they're werewolves.

The chain pulling enemies to you automatically grants stun immunity to enemies. Players aren't NPCs and won't stand in the area of standards forever.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since quite a few patches ago, PvP tank classes are those 50k health wardens who can still deal damage as stamsorcs. Also the 100k health stamcros, especially if they're werewolves.

That's my point. It's less about whether or not DKs being good at the tank role in PvP is important for PvP's sake- and more so that, if they were, it would push things in the direction such that things would fall into place regarding other roles. I.e., they could forgo some max health food in favor of a sustain food with an equal amount of survivability as another class with the max health food, etc.

Whether or not Chains, Talons or Standard fit into "the" meta group, for the most part without procs, if DKs do fit into an optimized group, it's for those things. Whether or not Chains, Talons, or Standard have been great skills in any particular era in PvP, the fact that these have been the main reason to run DK in optimized PvP groups for the last 6 years goes along perfectly with the fact the class is, at its core, a tank class.

Buff the tank aspects of the class, and it allows players to allocate more of their expendable budget towards the roles it's always had a problem with - DD and Healer.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 26, 2021 6:25AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    How is mag dk more op than perma shields/streak on a sorc that just jumps around..

Nightblades spam skills that keep you perma cc plus they cloak around unless they see a cp100.

Necros/wardens which are behind a pay wall and can’t be damaged...

Even stam dk...all they do is block cast vigor with heavy armor/sword and board and spam leap, which always throws me into the ceiling or stuck in the ground because lag won’t register my block.

Then we have Templar. Spamming purify into the wind with no one attacking them...

Mag dk has no burst (unless u know what you are doing) no gap closer (except for leap which hasn’t worked right since beta) and no heal over time (since my rapid regen never hits me as a solo player)

Can’t even deflect attacks anymore.

I know I make it look easy and OP but it’s not.
    Edited by xv1_me on April 26, 2021 1:03PM
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    magdk is a living god in pvp if played correctly. The dots pressure and whip hitting like frags, that from a defensive class. Best ult in the game, aoe cc with high damage and huge shield in a low cost. Aoe root, undodgeable and unblockable, target cc.

Are we even playing the same game?
    MagDK is one of the worst pvp classes in the game. The only thing theyre good at is duelling and cc support in small scale and even there theyre not the best.
    They have a bad matchup vs templars, wardens and necros. Only against sorcs and nightblades does the class have a good matchup IF those decide to fight at all. They can disengage at will from a magdk, there is no way to force the fight.
    The only thing keeping the class afloat is stacking proc sets with malacath. If you want to see just how bad the class is just venture into no proc cyro right now. If you can find a stray magdk in there to begin with...
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    MagDK is one of the worst pvp classes in the game.

I am the ResidentContrarian and even I have to agree this is the case. Only one "as bad" is mag blade, but at least there is cloak, slightly more crit and crit damage, merciless resolve, and hp regen stacking available if you want it.

Very close though, with the two useless ults on magblade. Very close indeed...

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine that the dev (online) meetings are something like this:
    Leading dev: Hey guys what do you think about Dragonknights in pvp, are they ok, do they need some buffs?
    Some random dev: I just shared a link in the chat, you can check it and see yourself how good they are, they dont need any buffs.
    Leading dev: Wow, they are beasts. Maybe we have to increase the cost to their skills as they dont die easily.
    Because I can!
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    I fought a MagDK the other day and all I had to do was cleanse all his dots and roll dodge and they were a piece'o'cake.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK is just so clunky, you don't have a real spammable. Whip isn't meant to be spammed but then neither is any other magdk skill. You have low mobility, are 1 of 2 classes that don't have a way to mitigate dots while being very weak against those classes that do, which ... you know are the other 4/6 classes. I love my magdk but can barely stand to play it anymore because it can be just so frustrating.

Against templars and necros you get your dots and debuffs purged off alot reducing your damage and sustainability.

Against wardens you are less tanky with less damage. Reduced mobility means you are most likely going to get stunned from arctic blast more so than almost every other class. Dots and debuffs still can get purged but much less likely than templars and necros.

Against mag sorcerers they can't purge but they can literally kite you to oblivion and back. They're ranged with high mobility, we're melee with low mobility. Stamsorcs are a much easier fight curtesy of being pure melee (no 20m sub assault or 36 m blastbones) with no purge. Dot and block can counter them pretty well.

Against nb's we're pretty good just because we can block and face tank enough of their burst until they either over-extend or just get bored. But good luck killing a decent nb who can easily just run off.

Probably our best match up is against fellow dk's because they are just as bad off as we are.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fought a MagDK the other day and all I had to do was cleanse all his dots and roll dodge and they were a piece'o'cake.

As a magDK when this scenario happens to me I try to line up a burst or spam Blood for Blood/Whip in hopes they'll keep spamming their purge thinking I'm trying to stack DoTs. Sadly.... that rarely happens and I find myself trying to survive as long as possible to turn on Swarming Scion, and then hoping my opponent doesn't run away and waste all my time. :disappointed:

Oh, and against dodge spammers I spam Engulfing Flames. Even if the DoT won't last long it's still about 7k damage that can land on someone dodging.
    Edited by Vevvev on April 27, 2021 6:52PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is that pvp has changed to a timed burst damage game. No way around it. The more mobility and burst damage you have, the better you perform. You can buff DK's healing and blocking all you want, You will end up with thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw1nN51PSs

If you make my class excel at tanking then I will tank a zerg. If you give me decent damage then I will play like everyone else and kill people.

But make no mistake. I will do what my class excels at. That's what everyone does and will always do. So give Mag DK's does decent damage already.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ