The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO losing internet connection

Hippie4927
Hippie4927
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've been playing ESO for 8 years mostly without any problems. But recently, for the last 3 or 4 days, everytime I try to play the game, my internet connection drops. It only happens in this game. I can play other games or browse the web all day without issue but as soon as I load ESO......out goes my connection. I have the same service provider and same connection that I've always had and can't figure out why this is happening. I would really like to play the game! Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on April 19, 2021 12:21PM
PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing over LAN or WLAN?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As alot of us know, eso requires a valid internet connection. Funny thing is that our "invalid" connection is fine for every other game.
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    I second that. Got the same Problem from time to time now since two Weeks (last patch). 2 Problems to be honest: First one: the same as above . And the second one: "lost lobby connection" during character load.

PS.: Nothing changed in Hardware. Connected to Wlan.
    Edited by Steinschlag on April 19, 2021 8:42AM
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Knockmaker
    Knockmaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO Server issues has gotten dramatically worse lately (if that is possible). Same here, I am connected to LAN, only 1 device active on the network, got no other problems is any other games, download, upload etc., yet according to ESO my connection is invalid and once I crash, I keep getting "lost lobby connection" on top of it.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. I thought it was only me. I recently started playing again since my friend group picked the game up. I noticed that I am losing internet connection while playing ESO every now and then but I've never experienced this before, and I also dont experience this while playing any other game.

I thought it was just a weird coincidence on my part.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO 2021 :persevere:
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, happens on ps4 as well. Fully wired connection too.
    Seems to happen when switching gear in Elden Root most often. Game will freeze for about 10 seconds, then say there's no valid internet connection.

Complete BS
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem myself. Started a few weeks ago and becoming quite frequent. I see it coming when I'm trying to interact with a quest giver or merchant and they won't respond. Within a few seconds, I get kicked to the log in screen with the loss of valid connection message.

On a similar note, I am getting some occasional serious load time when porting; whether way shrine or otherwise. Not just to the crowded zone areas, but even some remote wayshrines with no one around.
    Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I've been getting the 'lost lobby' thing too. A couple of weeks ago the game was unplayable for me, kept continually kicking me out and then giving me that error message when I was trying to reload. The weird thing was, the router insisted it was connected to the internet. I assumed it was my internet though, as that has been playing up ocassionally for a while now. I'm on a wired connection, my partner over WiFi and both of us were having issues. I'd never seen the 'lost lobby connection' message before. I'm glad to know it's not necessarily my internet before I go full Karen on our ISP...
    PC EU & NA
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a problem for me for years. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. It can depend on the day. Have literally tried everything. Nothing seems to help. I think it has to do with the area you are in and the ddos server they use.
  • trem3c
    trem3c
    ✭✭✭
    Happening about every 5th or 6th wayshrine transition for me. Timeout server connection, login start again. Never any other internet issues during these times, speedtest shows full connection performance, up and down. Has happened before and always goes away after maintenance. They must be resetting something server-side that clears it up.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Roztlin45

I don't think it has to do with the area you're in. I've lived in this area for 10 years and this only just started. For me, nothing has changed......same area, same service provider, same internet connection, same computer, no new hardware......literally, everything is the same and this just started. Like I said in the OP, I've been playing for 8 years and never had a problem before.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frequently I am having this problem as well lately:
    * Changing to another character (logout) .. timeout/lost lobby connection
    * Changing to another character (login) .. timeout/lost lobby connection
    * Changing the zone via wayshrine .. timeout/lost lobby connection
    * Travel to player .. timeout/lost lobby connection
    * Switching to PVP (traveling to Cyrodiil) .. you guessed it: timeout/lost lobby connection

Also like the other players mentioned .. nothing has changed on my side. Also no parallel download or other significant network activity happening.
    Edited by Squeaky_Clean on April 19, 2021 6:44PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone having issues with disconnections, we recommend the troubleshooting found in the link below.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • trem3c
    trem3c
    ✭✭✭
    This problem continues for me. Every so many transitions (anywhere from every 6 to every 10 or so), I get "Server connection has timed out" and have to re-log. These transitions can be any of:

1. Going in and out of delves, public dungeons, player houses
    2. Wayshrine to wayshrine transitions
    3. Porting directly to wayshrines or other group members.

My wife plays on the same wired home network as I do, and does not experience these problems. The only difference between our setups is Windows version and she's got some add-ons that I don't have, like some housing stuff. My PC configuration (firewall, A/V, etc.) has not changed in many months. I have re-booted everything multiple times, but the problem persists.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @trem3c

If the troubleshooting above did not resolve this issue, then please go ahead and submit a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com for additional assistance.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on May 11, 2021 1:04PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • rolynnthundar
    rolynnthundar
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue, its either logging in or when I zone. Sometimes I can play for days with no issues, then one day can't do anything. I have checked everything on my end and everything checks out fine. I have submitted a ticket a long time back when this first started, right after Skyrim I think, but never heard anything back. It got so bad I couldn't log in for days, then just went away.

Error 334: Lost Lobby Connection
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me too, since last week I had random Error 334: Lost Lobby Connection - every 6-10 loading screens. When I was for example housing without changing zone, I can play for hours and there is no problem - it's only at changing zones or login, very random.

I will test opening ports from troubleshooting and see if it works. Anyone had similar problem in past and found solution?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • schoober
    schoober
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, but for me is the error 200. It's the game, not your connection. I'm fine with any other online game, it's just ESO that will never be fixed.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now a few months old we've decided to close the discussion. The server issues from months ago are now resolved, so please feel free to start a new discussion for any current issues you're having.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.