Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wayrest Sewers WTH?

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
I queued into a random group. It was me, some new player and 2 pros. We were going through the dungeon like usual. We defeated a boss just before the final one I believe. Then me and the newer player continued forward. I was killing the mobs and noticed it was taking longer than usual. I noticed that I was alone with the newer player. I was like "well, maybe they are cleaning their inventory or something" So I continued to kill the mobs. Then the scroll to make the final boss stronger was read. That's when I was like wth? I opened up the map and saw the two pros at the final boss.

I sat there and wondered

1. Did I lag?

No, because the newer player stayed with me. The mobs are still alive.

2. They did something.

So they start fighting the boss and I am like "crap I need to get there!!" So I start running fast and all 100 mobs all behind me following. While they are fighting keep running to that cave on the side. The mobs dump on the two pros and they wipe. The newer player wipes as he tries to follow me. I am sitting in the side cave crouched near the final boss and I say

"WTF just happened?" The two pros quit instantly. The newer player then quits. I am like uhhh wth....
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw something similar yesterday. We were running Elden Hollow I normal. The healer was suddenly way ahead near Leafseether while the rest of the group was clearing mobs on the way to that room with Nenesh gro-Mal. The tank and I were playing across the table from each other. Neither of us saw the healer run ahead. Interestingly, the healer didn't realize he was ahead and said as much in chat after he ran back to join the group. It was like he had ported, because the mobs in between us hadn't aggrod anyone.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can think of is they somehow found a way to bypass the Mob pulls, but I cannot think of any way to do that in Wayrest's tight corners, so yeah, really odd how they jumped ahead.

Also weird how the both of them drop group immediately from the wipe they inadvertently caused.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That sounds like a typical pug run to me. Welcome to eso.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted to suggest that it sounds like the two players who were at the boss had deliberately run on ahead without caring whether or not you and the other player were able to keep up, perhaps even counting on the two of you to get sidetracked and cornered by all the mobs so they'd have an easier time running ahead.

But the other night I went into a public dungeon to see if I could get a few more fragments that drop there, and another player decided to fight alongside me as I was going from boss to boss. They were doing a lot more damage than I was, so it wasn't like they needed to join anyone else for help. Anyway, we had just finished clearing the group event boss and were fighting a mob when the game froze up on me; the other player, the mobs, and even my combat pets were stationary, yet I was able to run around even though my skills weren't firing and I couldn't interact with anything. After running around for perhaps half a minute waiting for something to happen, I finally got disconnected. So there can definitely be issues with disconnects, lag, or rubberbanding in areas such as dungeons where there's a lot of activity.

And yet, I can't help wondering why those two players would have run on ahead like that and activated the hard mode scroll if they didn't see you and the other player alongside them. Clearly they didn't give a flip whether or not you and the player with you were there to get any damage in on the boss and loot the corpse. And then to quit as soon as they wiped? Evidently they were hoping for a deathless run and were hoping you and the other player would keep the mobs busy.

Speaking of rubberbanding, last week I was in Cyrodiil on the last morning of the Anniversary event for the Chorrol and Weynon Prior daily quests. The map was pretty much all yellow, but I was trying to finish the dailies before the event ended, so I wasn't interested in engaging in any AvA. As I was riding to a delve to burn a couple of corpses, an AD player suddenly came riding into view perpendicular to me. Great, they'll probably kill me and I'll have to port back at home base. But just as we were about to crash into each other I suddenly rubberbanded back to the "trigger the ambush" quest location. That was probably the first time anyone's actually been happy to get rubberbanded! :)
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on April 19, 2021 1:22AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stage four vampirism?
    Buy don’t you get locked out of one door if you’re in combat?
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have seen trash mobs not showing/spawning in til you pass them, allowing a full skip to boss. If you're not keeping up those mobs will spawn in on you or be there when you show up.
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one point the Wayrest Sewers dungeon bifurcates, one corridor leads to a dead end with mobs and a mini-boss (top left corner in the map below) while the other towards the final boss. Are you sure you and the other new player didn't take the wrong turn?
    eso-veteran-wayrest-sewers-dungeon-map.jpg
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    At one point the Wayrest Sewers dungeon bifurcates, one corridor leads to a dead end with mobs and a mini-boss (top left corner in the map below) while the other towards the final boss. Are you sure you and the other new player didn't take the wrong turn?
    eso-veteran-wayrest-sewers-dungeon-map.jpg

It happened just after the lost one room. We walked to the platform straight area. AKA the place the guy jumps off of. (on your map the regtangle below garron's name.) That's where me and the new guy was killing the mobs as usual. I noticed that the other two were nowhere to be found. Then when we went to the second mob on that same platform, and everything turned white as if the scroll was read. I opened up my map and they were at the last room. So I started running through and the mobs followed. I ran into that area on the left side of the final boss and crouched and the mobs all piled up on them. However we were in wayrest sewers 1. I think they don't have "The Lost One" boss there and only one female at the final boss.

I would dare say they disappeared possibly after we killed the guy in garrons room. (Which is probably garron lol)
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were both nightblades, they could have used cloak to bypass the mobs to get to the end. It's still confusing why they would leave after the wipe that they knew would probably happen if they skip mobs that you can't. Perhaps it was just a slow burn troll attempt?
    Options
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they were both nightblades, they could have used cloak to bypass the mobs to get to the end. It's still confusing why they would leave after the wipe that they knew would probably happen if they skip mobs that you can't. Perhaps it was just a slow burn troll attempt?

Lol one necro one sorc. I've concluded they know something.
    Options