The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the largest house closest to a wayshrine?

Firestar_
Firestar_
✭✭✭
Back after a long while. Mara's Kiss is great, I've turned it into a music box shrine but 30 is so restricting.
I've seen countless posts on what "the best house is" but it's usually small houses, so what's the largest house near a wayshine?

yrhxndr.jpg
Edited by Firestar_ on April 18, 2021 6:19PM
Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    The one that immediately comes to mind is Serenity Falls Estate, in Reaper's March. It's right by S'ren-ja Wayshrine.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feendish wrote: »
    The one that immediately comes to mind is Serenity Falls Estate, in Reaper's March. It's right by S'ren-ja Wayshrine.

That was my thought too, or the Alinor Townhouse. The Reapers Hoise itself is small but the property is big, the Alinor house has no grounds but is a large home.

There are homes in Bangkorai and Malabal Tor that are very close to wayshrines but they aren’t very big.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are plenty of houses close to Wayshrines. Close to a proper town is more useful. If I were you I'd check out... the Flaming Nix apartment in Mournhold (100 slots) Sleek Creek house outside Rawlkha (400 slots), Mistvril Manor Outside Mounrnnhold (600), Alinor Crest in Alinor (600), Proudspire in Solitude (600) and Gardener House in Wayrest (600).

They're all close to wayshrines, banks, crafting writ pick ups and drop offs, crafting stations etc.

The little spot in Elden Root is popular too but.... I hate Elden Root.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Sleek Creek. It's right outside a main town in Rawl'ka, with an outlaw refuge directly outside the door. Plus it's furnishing slot to lot size ratio is fantastic. At 400 slots it's small enough to fully fill out in detail while being big enough to not feel cramped.

It was my first main hub home. I set up the area underneath the structure as a crafting workshop with all the basic stations, and the interior as an office with my banker and merchant and all my chests. And then I put a little sleeping area off to the side by the balcony door for those late nights at the office.

I've since then set up Alpine Gallery as my main hub, but still find myself going to Sleek Creek often instead due to it's location.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Wraithhome is near to a wayshrine (it's not currently on sale but will likely be back).
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Hall of the Lunar Champion is close to a wayshrine and a major town with crafting writ area, add the fact that it's free and it becomes well worth consideration.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Stone Eagle Aerie, 700-slots house, and right outside the door is the entry to bank.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Stone Eagle Aerie, 700-slots house, and right outside the door is the entry to bank.

Oh and also features a lift going straight to the outlaws refuge, for when you're comming in hot :D
    Edited by InaMoonlight on April 19, 2021 12:22AM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

I went and took a look at this one and it's gorgeous. Love the water features. It says it's not for sale. Is it one of those that comes up on special in the crown store? I have a long way to go to afford a house but I could be happy saving for that one.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Stone Eagle is gorgeous. Certainly waiting for that one to swing back around again. Thank you for all the help.

I'm also considering Proudspire. It would make a nice crafting spot. The ceilings are a little low though.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I went and took a look at this one and it's gorgeous. Love the water features. It says it's not for sale. Is it one of those that comes up on special in the crown store? I have a long way to go to afford a house but I could be happy saving for that one.

You just missed that house on sale, less than two months ago.

Some houses come up every year or so, but some have been absent for a while longer.

Hopefully you can catch it next time it comes up. Lately more houses have come back around, so I think we all are hoping this will continue.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

Some houses come up every year or so, but some have been absent for a while longer.

Hopefully you can catch it next time it comes up. Lately more houses have come back around, so I think we all are hoping this will continue.

Figures. Although I'm so new I wouldn't have had the gold to pay for it.I'll catch it next time.
  • confettibae
    confettibae
    ✭✭
    I have serenity falls (and love it, highly recommend) and it is very close to a wayshrine, but if I just need to port to a ws I use the sugar hotel in rimmen, it’s only 3k I think and now that we can port to the outside of a house you are basically ported directly in front of the ws. I don’t think anything is closer.

Sleek creek is a great starter house in a great area, it was my first. It’s not big but you can do a lot with it. Affordable af for a newer player. Certainly close to the town and right side door is right in front of the outlaws refuge but actual ws closeness is relative compared to most “urban” dwellings. I horse it.

I didn’t grab stone eagle because I kept falling off the balconies and getting lost but many regrets are there, esp now that I spend so much time in markarth.... it’s beautiful. If you have a good sense of direction and invested in the cp perk that cushions your fall it’s probably worth saving for. Markarth is small so it’s close to everything.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one in Malabal Tor is right outside a wayshrine, I mean right there. I think it's called Cyrodillic Jungle House or something. It was my first house because it has a yard, was right in my budget, and the wayshrine was right there. I'm sure there are bigger houses near a wayshrine, but this one is just right there like the Mara's Kiss apartment without the hassle of going through 2 doors to get to it.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Figures. Although I'm so new I wouldn't have had the gold to pay for it.I'll catch it next time.

This house is 12,000 crowns unfurnished. No gold option unless you can get someone to gift it to you for gold.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

This house is 12,000 crowns unfurnished. No gold option unless you can get someone to gift it to you for gold.

I'd forgotten that. It's so hard to keep them all straight in the beginning. It's really a gorgeous place.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    forget the house port to a guildie who is not in their home you will be right at a wayshrine to go where you need free.
    as for useful houses
    Sleek creek for a decent priced home with a nice yard and right outside a thieves den for fencing goods
    Snugpod for players who do master writs
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just remembered I have Mournoth Keep and it’s right next to a wayshrine in Bangkorai. It’s a classic home and not a notable, but it has a nice courtyard and the house is not overly large.

It can be bought with gold.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA