The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barrier needs a nerf

Flaaklypa
Flaaklypa
✭✭✭✭
people in pvp are using this ult and getting a super strong shield for a cheap ultimate. Resulting in player being "stolen" a kill just because of this ult. please reduce it so we wont have to deal with this annoying defence. (increasing the cost would also work)
Edited by [Deleted User] on April 17, 2021 9:43PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good it is doing it's job even after already being nerfed.
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 17, 2021 8:59PM
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? Is it really that OP?
    15290 damage shield for you and nearby group members. Lasts 30 sec. Costs 250 Ultimate.
    And the shield is also halved in pvp right?

I have seen this ability being used to push inside keeps by organised groups. Sounds pretty bad for solo play.
    I think it will be pretty much useless if it gets nerfed.

Oh and 250 Ult is not a cheap ultimate.
    Edited by Jackey on April 17, 2021 8:52PM
    PS | EU
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaaklypa wrote: »
    people in pvp are using this ult and getting a super strong shield for a cheap ultimate. Resulting in player being "stolen" a kill just because of this ult. please reduce it so we wont have to deal with this annoying defence. (increasing the cost would also work)

When was 250 Ultimate considered cheap?

Also, it's an ultimate, the purpose of which is to be strong. No one is having a kill "stolen" from them. Rather someone is being a good group player and casting an ultimate that helps not just them in a tight spot but also their ally. It's reactive gameplay no different than someone casting a burst heal.

It's fine as is.
    Edited by ealdwin on April 17, 2021 8:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What build are people running that Barrier is a cheap ultimate?

I'm, er, asking for a friend. Definitely not taking notes for my own MagDK group healer who runs Barrier...
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    Huh? Is it really that OP?
    15290 damage shield for you and nearby group members. Lasts 30 sec. Costs 250 Ultimate.
    And the shield is also halved in pvp right?

I have seen this ability being used to push inside keeps by organised groups. Sounds pretty bad for solo play.
    I think it will be pretty much useless if it gets nerfed.

Oh and 250 Ult is not a cheap ultimate.

Do not forget, they are talking about PvP here so the shield value is lowered by 60%. That's 6116 hp worth of shield.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 17, 2021 9:01PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs too much you say? It used to be my go to ultimate back when it cost 200 ultimate and nobody complained! Then ZOS made it cost 250 ultimate to bring it "in line" with their "standards" and I basically dumped it for Light's Champion. (And now Swarming Scion/Magma Armor).
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    15290 damage shield for you and nearby group members. Lasts 30 sec. Costs 250 Ultimate

Scales with offensive stats, so it can go double that on top-damage builds. Still goes down in pretty fast tho.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Rude Comments and Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post