The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil Faction Balance

dioc21
dioc21
I just joined No-Cp Cyrodill PC NA for the first time and I noticed that my faction (EP) was severely out numbered. DC had like a 20k point lead. Is this usually how No-Cp is, with DC being so far ahead? I see that alliance locked is a lot closer in score, but I don’t want to grind CP when I’m just a casual player.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's usually one dominant alliance per server.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    At least in the EU server, as far as I know, EP and AD are outnumbered sometimes because the players keep switching alliances. DC is the most consistent one. When EP are losing, their players switch to AD chars and vice versa. That's why I abandoned the Pact. I can't stand with treason.
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC takes the map at night when AD and EP go to bed and get the majority of the points possible until the other factions start logging in around noon the next day. Such is the way of things. Especially for those of us that main AD on Ravenwatch and have won like 2 campaigns in 2+ years — hard to care about winning campaigns when the other factions nightcap/daycap outside of NA prime time. It’s not like the rewards for winning a campaign are that great anyway, just a little extra gold per character.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to CP PC/NA greyhost

Oh wait EP completely outnumbered there too (at least late PST when I have played)
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    DC takes the map at night when AD and EP go to bed and get the majority of the points possible until the other factions start logging in around noon the next day. Such is the way of things. Especially for those of us that main AD on Ravenwatch and have won like 2 campaigns in 2+ years — hard to care about winning campaigns when the other factions nightcap/daycap outside of NA prime time. It’s not like the rewards for winning a campaign are that great anyway, just a little extra gold per character.

Ravenwatch is usually cyclical in who is the dominant faction though it usually trades off between DC and EP.

Every so often AD will get their Australian night-cap clique together and do what DC is doing now but, as you say, that only happens maybe 2-3 campaigns per year with AD in 3rd place otherwise.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Ravenwatch is usually cyclical in who is the dominant faction though it usually trades off between DC and EP.

Every so often AD will get their Australian night-cap clique together and do what DC is doing now but, as you say, that only happens maybe 2-3 campaigns per year with AD in 3rd place otherwise.

Yep. Plus it means we always have goals to accomplish whenever we login for primetime: de-emp, get scrolls back, etc.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dioc21 wrote: »
    I just joined No-Cp Cyrodill PC NA for the first time and I noticed that my faction (EP) was severely out numbered. DC had like a 20k point lead. Is this usually how No-Cp is, with DC being so far ahead? I see that alliance locked is a lot closer in score, but I don’t want to grind CP when I’m just a casual player.

CP / No CP / Alliance Locked or not / the time you play / etc.
    All the above affect your experience of zergling / out-numbered.

I guess no-CP servers aren't Alliance locked which means people can use toons in different factions anytime they want.
    You may join Alliance locked servers and the faction jumping problem won't be too much.

By the way, as you mentioned that you JUST JOINED for THE FIRST TIME...
    Later on you may find that EP zerg groups wiping out the other two factions sometimes. It's quite normal in non-alliance-locked servers.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dioc21 wrote: »

It's cyclical.

DC is only winning because it has a group of players who play on off hours and take many objectives. I don't care about the campaign because ZOS does not give me any reason to care, so people who feel the way that I do aren't going to expend the time and energy to make these campaigns as competitive as they otherwise should be.

I don't know when you log on to play, but if its "prime time" (say 8-11 Eastern time), I don't think there is much of an organized presence on your faction, which is going to make it seem like you're outnumbered. so there's that too.
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    On na xbox servers crossfaction teaming is a issue even in the locked campaign. Its a unfunny boring joke and haveing crossfaction guilds justs supports it. Cyrodiil the best part of the game but since they dont care about people exploiting cross faction teaming its getting boring.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 18, 2021 2:29AM
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I quit playing Cyrodiil