The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Questions about tamrieltradecentre addon

davidmanvell
Sorry for the questions but I am a new player just trying to install Addons for the first time.

I have downloaded this addon and it is up and running. (For some reason it did not install the required dependencies when I installed it so it took me a bit to get it working as I had to download them all as well but that is another issue).

I'm trying to understand how this Addon works. Now that it is installed I can open up my inventory and hover my mouse over items and it will list the prices on a lot of them. For example on every potion it has a TTC price. But when I hover over armor and weapons it doesn't seem to be working well. I have 5 green weapons and only one of them has pricing listed. I have 15 green and blue armor pieces and not one has a price listed. Most are regular items and a few are bind on equip that I have not been equipped yet. I did scan one guild trader and afterwards I did reload the UI to transfer the data up to their server.

Is this addon only showing me pricing for items that I have personally scanned? Is it because that particular item is level 24 and Impenetrable and just no one has seen one in a guild trader before with those exact prices? When I search their website it shows lots of people have uploaded this item before but maybe not that exact level and trait. It seems really odd to me that no one has put a Level 24 belt of the Air into a broker before...

Also before I launch EOS in order for the addon to work do I need to have Minion up and running prior as well as the TCC client program?

This is a screen shot of what I am seeing in game:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TAJQARYvbTPZ6RRr5
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC also has a desktop client that you need to run to get updated prices. Did you install and run that too?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices on items in the game are only for that exact item, because it's based on item IDs. The computer has no way to compare all 'Belt of the Air' items and estimate a price - it just shows you the price for a level 24 impenetrable green Belt of the Air. (I'm not sure if enchantments affect the item ID or not.) If no one has put one onto a guild trader recently then it won't show any prices. The data isn't kept forever - I'm not sure how long it's saved exactly but old data is deleted eventually so it doesn't necessarily mean no one has ever sold one, just that it was long enough ago that it's no longer recorded in the database.

It's quite common for low level items to have no prices listed. Each person selling through guild traders is limited to 30 spaces and a lot of guilds with traders are dedicated trade guilds where the members are under pressure to make as much gold as possible through sales so the tax on those sales is enough to cover the bid for the trader. That means they tend to focus on selling only the most expensive items they have. Even if there might be a market for low level set items if your choice is between selling a level 24 green belt for a few hundred gold or selling a CP160 purple one for a few thousand you're likely to take the second option.

A couple of other things to be aware of with this addon:

There's no need to scan traders unless you want to, or unless it's your guild and you want to help advertise the sales. Scanning a trader shares the data to TTC, if no one does it then that trader's items won't appear on the sites and their prices won't be included in the database, so someone needs to do it sometime, but I think most sellers will scan their trader when they update their items. You don't need to do it unless you want to, and it can take quite a bit of time for a busy trader.

When using these prices to decide how much to pay for an item or how much to charge remember that it's showing current (or recent) listed prices, it does not necessarily mean the item sold at that price. You'll often see items where the recommended price is something like 504-621g but the minimum is 5g and the maximum is 10,000g. In that case it's a very safe bet that the one listed for 10,000g will never sell and the seller wasted their money on the listing fee. (Equally it doesn't mean you should expect to find one for 5g, that was probably a one-off from someone who just wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible and it's unlikely you'll find another one at that price.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 green weapons and only one of them has pricing listed. I have 15 green and blue armor pieces and not one has a price listed. Most are regular items

Green and Blue Items are rarely listed for sale, and then, only if they are of desirable sets, like Mother's Sorrow or Spriggans in desired traits etc. There is a market for most set items at cheap price as people fill up their sticker books. However, 95% of what you get from mob drops in the overland is best deconned to level gear crafting. Or, used to learn Traits.

In fact, if you want to craft, being told to learn Traits is probably the best takeaway from this thread.

Open the Spoiler
    ......level your crafting skills and do the Trait Research. Traits are why you craft as they allow you to make Special Crafted Sets. There are two sets in the game that your going to want to make, Julianos for your Magic Characters, and Hundings Rage for your Stamina Characters. There are no better sets in the game to have 5 pieces of. Period. Well, Twice Born Star is great to, but your a year out from making that. But you need to start learning your traits now.

While it takes 6 traits known to be able to make Hundings or Julianos, 9 Traits for Twice Born Star. You don't need to know learn all of these traits on everything before you craft anything. In fact, there are nice sets that you only need to know 2 or 3 or 4 traits to make. So, learn 2 traits first, then 3 etc. This way you can be making set items in just a few days. So, start learning those traits. Focus on the gear you will use first, then fill in the rest later. This means:

Casters
    Heavy Chest/Legs
    Light Feet/Hands/Waist
    Shoulders and Heads are good too, but there are 2 Piece Monster sets that can take up those slots. So learn the traits on Head and Shoulder pieces for Transmuting later, but prioritize the ones above.
    Staves (all 4 of them)

Stamina
    All Medium Armors
    Daggers, Swords, Axes, Bow

Tanks
    All Heavy Armors, Sword and Shield and maybe Staves (Ice is your tanking stick). Can add in Axes or Maces for the weapons if you want.
    For Armors, Sturdy, then Divines, Infused, Reinforced. Same with Shields but Nirn can be nice on a Shield.
    For Weapons, Infused, Sharpened, Defending. Charged for the Staff.

Learn Training, Divines and Infused on the Armors first, Sharpened, Precise, Infused and Training on the Weapons. Powered is good for the Healing Staff, Defending is good for Sword or other one handed Melee. Then fill in the rest until you have 6 traits on each piece of gear you will use. Eventually you will learn all 9 traits. Some people recommend Nirn as an early trait to learn. Unless they change it, don't listen to them. You might use it on a Shield or a Weapon but that is about it. You need it someday, but it's expensive and you need your gold for other things.

Invest the skill points into the Research Passives. I can't stress enough how much of a time sink Trait Research is. Be able to learn more than one at a time, and reduce the time needed. Get an addon for Trait Research Tracking, I recommend Craft Store. If your on the Consoles, find one of the spreadsheets out there or make one to track this. Have I mentioned you need to learn your traits?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davidmanvell
    danno8 wrote: »
    TTC also has a desktop client that you need to run to get updated prices. Did you install and run that too?

I did. It has to be running before the client each time?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    @danno8
    You don't actually need the desktop client to upload guild store data you scanned.

For people like me that don't trust just any random exe to run on their computer, the author provides a manual web upload for the SavedVariables file:
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/WebClient
    shades.gif

PS: That page also has a link to manually download and sync the current price tables

Edited by SirAndy on April 18, 2021 8:05PM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did. It has to be running before the client each time?

No, you can start it when ESO is already running. The prices displayed inside the game will update once you use /reloadui (if the price table inside TTC client gets updated).
  • davidmanvell
    Thank you all for very good information. Last question. is this the main addon for getting pricing for items or are there other good options out there?
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Center tracks only current listings, so the 'fake' listings with way too high prices (for example 1 potato for 2.000.000 gold) can impact the prices suggested by the addon.

Master Merchant or Arkadius Trade Tools are better for pricing because they base their suggestions on actual sales, not listings. You need to be in trading guild to have that sales information though.

side note - MM and ATT do pretty much the same thing, so it's not worth to use them both at the same time. Pick one - I prefer ATT.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    Tamriel Trade Center tracks only current listings, so the 'fake' listings with way too high prices (for example 1 potato for 2.000.000 gold) can impact the prices suggested by the addon.

Like any good programmer, one should throw away any obvious outliers (both high and low) before calculating a suggested price range.
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on April 19, 2021 6:49PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »

Master Merchant or Arkadius Trade Tools are better for pricing because they base their suggestions on actual sales, not listings. You need to be in trading guild to have that sales information though.

side note - MM and ATT do pretty much the same thing, so it's not worth to use them both at the same time. Pick one - I prefer ATT.

I find it helpful to use both ATT and TTC for pricing, because I'm not in a dedicated trade guild. One of my social guilds almost always has a trader but they don't require anyone to use it or have sales quotas if you do, so the data I can get from ATT is limited. It's helpful when it's there, but TTC is far more likely to have prices.

I also find TTC is more suseptible to short-term changes, which has pros and cons. During the anniversary festival the fact that TTC's recommended price for returning style pages was way below ATT let me know the drop rate was high enough to flood the market and I shouldn't expect to get much, but if I'm not sure what's causing the change and especially if there's not many sales listed on TTC I tend to see using the ATT price as more reliable.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    Trade spots are limited. Almost nobody sells gear below 50/160. Almost nobody buys gear below 50/160. For example if you search TTC for belt of are level 50 there are a couple hundred available; however, if you search TTC for belt of air level 1 - 49 there are only 2 for 200g and 500g. Gear below 50/160 probably won't sell unless someone needs the trait for research or needs the collection item.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tc91101 wrote: »
    Trade spots are limited. Almost nobody sells gear below 50/160. Almost nobody buys gear below 50/160. For example if you search TTC for belt of are level 50 there are a couple hundred available; however, if you search TTC for belt of air level 1 - 49 there are only 2 for 200g and 500g. Gear below 50/160 probably won't sell unless someone needs the trait for research or needs the collection item.

I assumed there'd be a big market for the low level versions (where available) to sacrifice to the stickerbook without having to pay for the high rent versions.

But thats just me, I am definitely not an expert on such matters.
    Edited by twev on April 29, 2021 10:25PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    I assumed there'd be a big market for the low level versions (where available) to sacrifice to the stickerbook without having to pay for the high rent versions.

I personally assume that it's probably because most people who are part of a trading guild are usually high-level players, and most likely cp 160, thus get cp 160 get more often, and most u50s are new players that don't even know about trading guilds. In the past, people usually only sold cp 160 stuff because less than 160 stuff was useless to most players since the only thing you could do to it was transmute, not reconstruct.

Or something, those are just my thoughts.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tc91101 wrote: »

There probably is demand for them, but they still wouldn't sell for as much as the higher level versions, which means many traders cannot afford to use up spaces selling them.

It's only possible to sell things through guild traders if you're a member of the guild, and each player is restricted to listing a maximum of 30 items at a time. Bidding on guild traders is expensive so the guild, and therefore the players in it, are under pressure to make enough from their sales to cover those costs each week, and to make a profit for themselves on top of that (otherwise it's not worth doing). As a result they have to focus on selling only the most valuable items they can (often spending time farming stuff specifically to sell) and can't afford to devote space to cheaper items even if they would sell, because it results in lower income.

There are some exceptions, for example I'm in a social guild which usually has a trader in a less popular (and therefore cheaper) spot and because it's not a trading guild there's no sales quota or fees, the trader is just an option for those who want it, so we have more freedom to list what we want. But I think guilds like that are less common, and then you're dealing with less well informed sellers, and potentially more casual players in general who may not know there's demand for items which don't have much/any sales data, or what they'd be worth.

• tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »

I personally assume that it's probably because most people who are part of a trading guild are usually high-level players, and most likely cp 160, thus get cp 160 get more often, and most u50s are new players that don't even know about trading guilds. In the past, people usually only sold cp 160 stuff because less than 160 stuff was useless to most players since the only thing you could do to it was transmute, not reconstruct.

Or something, those are just my thoughts.

Sorry for the late response: Sticker book items and research items generally can be very easily bought for less than 500g each and fairly easily bought for less than 200g each even in the 50/160 off trait items unless you are hunting one specific item and none are for sale. I typically buy them at random if I see them around 200g or so. There are a few items out there that are still expensive even as a sticker book even in an undesirable trait like an Inferno staff of a mother's sorrow.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can start it when ESO is already running.
    Well if you do that the downloaded PriceTable cannot be updated properly!
    Your listings can be retrieved and uploaded properly though.

You should either download the pricetable/addon before launch manually and update it in your live/AddOns folder, or use the included client.exe to donwload the pricetable BEFORE starting the eso64.exe file (the ESO launcher could be started before, that does not interfer).
    If the eso64.exe is started and if you login your SavedVariables files will be overwritten from internal game tables and thus updates the client.exe does to them won't affect the files.
    The tooltips ingame will also tell you that you need to run the client.exe BEFORE starting the game, in that case (after an update to the addon e.g.).
    Edited by Baertram on June 15, 2021 10:40AM