The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like competitive PVP arenas to be introduced in ESO ?

WolfyRaps
WolfyRaps
✭✭✭✭
  1. The format will be AvA (not AvAvA like the current BGs),
  2. The arena maps will be much smaller, all the matches will be in deathmatch format,
  3. The ELO like rating will be visible and the ladderboards would last season long,
  4. Similar rated teams will fight each-other,
  5. There will be unique rewards and titles for the top teams at the end of each season.
Edited by WolfyRaps on April 15, 2021 8:25AM

Would you like competitive PVP arenas to be introduced in ESO ? 63 votes

YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
49%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESOVilixitiMojomonkeymanElo106HowlKimchiTBoisEmma_OverloadAustackerThe7thLettterJierdanitKalik_GoldiFilthyRichdmvabAznoxUnified_GamingMariusghost84Greek_HellspawnWolfyRapsketsparrowhawkpropertyOfUndefined 31 votes
YES (2v2, 3v3)
33%
wheem_ESOMurderMostFoulHastemAkselmoDecimusBashevexeeter7020lbertikusLex7xeLJaimehStaticWaveKingKayantoThoragaalEzorusRaharshrekt4303RatchetKaardivnyiDarian_RathVakariel 21 votes
NO
17%
wenchmore420b14_ESOLauranaestarlizard70ub17_ESOBlobskysix2fallZer0_CooLGrimlok_SfboursFlaaklypatechyeshicDaraklus 11 votes
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    More PvP options are needed, competitive modes and bigger team BGs. As long as it's no CP. WoW's competitive arena are a good model to go off as long as it doesn't go the same way of 40 mins kiting around a pillar with no one dying. Eso needs to introduce PvP gear that is gained through PvP and only best for it
  • RatchetKaar
    RatchetKaar
    ✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    You asking for pvp arena's but zos never even bugfixed or updated bg's, never added new maps, never gave us the option to do custom bg's.
    there is no way they would bother with arena's

Ofc that would be awesome and many ppl i know would enjoy it but zos always pushes away ever good pvp idea with
    "no one would play it, so few ppl playing already"
    in reality though, if you want ppl to play more bg's you have to give them a purpose as in:
    -giving bg only rewards
    -bugfixing
    -updating bg mechanics (points/the way obj modes being played out etc.)
    -adding new maps

So if they don't even bother paying any attention to bg's how is it suppose to get more ppl.
    As far as i can see we are stuck in this until the new big mmo comes out bcz zos doesn't wanna take the time need to see if their pvp community can grow with a little bit of attention.
    Good dream though, would be fun to do arenas.
  • Akselmo
    Akselmo
    ✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    Could just remove the third team from BG's. Would be much more fun.
    Hun-Tra@Akselmo (EP-EU-PC)
    A fan of TES-series since 2005.
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    2. The arena maps will be much smaller, all the matches will be in deathmatch format,
    3. The ELO like rating will be visible and the ladderboards would last season long,
    5. There will be unique rewards and titles for the top teams at the end of each season.

deathmatch is all tactics and no strategy and becaomes simply based on what class and metabuild outclasses another. Not as competitive and dynamice as the other game modes for an e-sport audience. But I agree that this game really needs a ranked and unranked options. ranked can be as it is now. unranked can be selecting whatever game mode you want. And a leaderboard with w/l and visible ratings and an actual mmr matchmaker that is protected by heavily penalizing quitters.

Because remember, no matter what system you implement the players will undermine it all if you don't safeguard and enforce it.
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »
    More PvP options are needed, competitive modes and bigger team BGs. As long as it's no CP. WoW's competitive arena are a good model to go off as long as it doesn't go the same way of 40 mins kiting around a pillar with no one dying. Eso needs to introduce PvP gear that is gained through PvP and only best for it

I'm not sure making it more gear based is the answer. I never considered wow an e-sport. To me games like LoL, Gw2, and CS are e-sports because its not based on a grind or obtained advantages before the match.

I think we just need to start with having a proper matchmaker and leaderboard and penalities for undermining them. otherwise nothing else will really matter.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akselmo wrote: »

What ???? So you prefer standard and boring 2 team bg instead of a more dynamic and strategic 3 team battleground ?
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Akselmo
    Akselmo
    ✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    Fhritz wrote: »

What ???? So you prefer standard and boring 2 team bg instead of a more dynamic and strategic 3 team battleground ?

Yes.
    Hun-Tra@Akselmo (EP-EU-PC)
    A fan of TES-series since 2005.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)

What I noticed is once you lead in first place the other 2 teams rather fight each other to secure 2nd place than team up against first place.

The idea that 2nd and 3rd place team up against first place is great in theory but it doesnt work in cyro or bgs.
    Especially in BGs since 1st and 2nd get rewards
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »

What I noticed is once you lead in first place the other 2 teams rather fight each other to secure 2nd place than team up against first place.

The idea that 2nd and 3rd place team up against first place is great in theory but it doesnt work in cyro or bgs.
    Especially in BGs since 1st and 2nd get rewards

They do this mostly for the daily in bg's. IMO 3 teams makes this mmo different then others, and really contradicts the opinion that everyone can be a tank to easily win in domination mode. With so many players and only a certain amount of flags you need a good team balance and strat.

I do agree with you about cyrodil. But its for the same reasons half this playerbase treats every game mode as a DM. They just don't respect the game and don't care. The enjoy stomping noobs and rage quitting players. They are not competitive.
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 16, 2021 7:21PM
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    2v2 and 3v3 arenas would be a lot more interesting than 1v1, which could quickly turn into a stalemate if someone decided to waste others' time and run a tank and block healing build, even in no-CP. So I'd skip that one.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    Yes! But i'd ban proc sets.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO

No, WOW arena is full of elitist and toxicity - not a fun environment. Current state of pvp in wow has been reduced to nothing due to rated arena/bgs. Finding teams to play with will be extremely difficult as is in wow. You will have to play meta classes/builds in order to be on the top. Build diversity will be close to none as is in wow. You will only have those very few teams dominating the ladder while teams aspiring to climb will only get frustrated and quit.

ESO charm is being able to hop in at any time queue for a bg and have fun with a build I created - good, fun casual game. WOW rated arenas are worse that my physical master hws, and way more frustrating.

Also anyone that says wow arena model is good has never played wow and does not know its current state, that's from someone that has 2k rated exp in arena/bg. You want to play mistweaver? Sorry not meta, reroll!
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    fbours wrote: »

No, WOW arena is full of elitist and toxicity - not a fun environment. Current state of pvp in wow has been reduced to nothing due to rated arena/bgs. Finding teams to play with will be extremely difficult as is in wow. You will have to play meta classes/builds in order to be on the top. Build diversity will be close to none as is in wow. You will only have those very few teams dominating the ladder while teams aspiring to climb will only get frustrated and quit.

ESO charm is being able to hop in at any time queue for a bg and have fun with a build I created - good, fun casual game. WOW rated arenas are worse that my physical master hws, and way more frustrating.

Also anyone that says wow arena model is good has never played wow and does not know its current state, that's from someone that has 2k rated exp in arena/bg. You want to play mistweaver? Sorry not meta, reroll!

I prefer the GW2 model. elitism and toxicity will always be in competitive games. This game is no different. But people of all skill levels can be competitive. The definition of being competitive is wanting competitive matches. Wanting to stomp noobs is the opposite of competitive.

My issue is with players who think domination and relic mode are somewhow inferior game modes, when really they are just making up excuses for the fact they depend on overpowered builds and gear and can't play with any map strategy. . All brawn and no brains. All tactics and no strat. Like the above poster said, they only want certain meta dueling builds to be viable and refuse to play objectives and selfishly undermine the whole mmr system out of spite. This is the real problem.

Even if we gave these players their own deathmatch unranked practice qeue. They would still hop into the ranked qeue just to ragequit players because they have shown time and time again that is what they enjoy doing the most. They cried to ZOS that qeue times were too long and ZOS saw the playerbase is measly. So zos made random qeues and put in a solo mode. Which they undermine by syncdropping into or grouping on discord. If ZOS is not going to do anything about the cheating and poor sportsmanship by banning quitters, which means also those who decline qeues, while having an actual mmr qeue with a W/L record and Skill rating based leaderboard, I also suggest a maximum of 2 man premades. then this will never be a competitive community.

But to your point, I agree we should not reward these toxic players. Start with ensuring fair play before making any changes imo. I don't mind waiting 30 mins for a qeue if thats what it takes to build the playerbase again. make a ranked and unranked qeue instead of group and solo.
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 27, 2021 1:29PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    My answer is secretly yes, but presently no.

There is no place for anything in this game to call itself competitive with the state of performance as it is, nevermind the class balance.

(They have also said they would never introduce 1v1/2v2/3v3 as that would mean they would need to balance classes for that purpose)

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    CooloutAC wrote: »
    My issue is with players who think domination and relic mode are somewhow inferior game modes, when really they are just making up excuses for the fact they depend on overpowered builds and gear and can't play with any map strategy. . All brawn and no brains. All tactics and no strat. Like the above poster said, they only want certain meta dueling builds to be viable and refuse to play objectives and selfishly undermine the whole mmr system out of spite. This is the real problem.

This is a woefully misguided sentiment. The fact that people play Deathmatch during objective modes is not because those people are trying to undermine anything. They do so because deathmatch, actual player versus player combat, is more enjoyable than objective modes. The problem is a system that doesn't give the players adequate opportunity to play the way they want.

And many players (probably most) who prefer deathmatch still play the objective. But the fact is, deathmatch is the more challenging mode. I find myself needing to think more strategically to win deathmatch than any objective mode. Running to unoccupied flags, swooping in to grab undefended objectives, and playing keep away with a ball are obvious and simple strategies. These simple strategies which involve avoiding PVP are generally the most effective in objective modes. More "brains" are required to hold the lead in a close deathmatch game. Knowing which targets to focus, when to engage and disengage, shifting the location of a fight, etc. - these subtle strategic elements in Deathmatch require a more thoughtful approach then most objective games.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭

This is a woefully misguided sentiment. The fact that people play Deathmatch during objective modes is not because those people are trying to undermine anything. They do so because deathmatch, actual player versus player combat, is more enjoyable than objective modes. The problem is a system that doesn't give the players adequate opportunity to play the way they want.

And many players (probably most) who prefer deathmatch still play the objective. But the fact is, deathmatch is the more challenging mode. I find myself needing to think more strategically to win deathmatch than any objective mode. Running to unoccupied flags, swooping in to grab undefended objectives, and playing keep away with a ball are obvious and simple strategies. These simple strategies which involve avoiding PVP are generally the most effective in objective modes. More "brains" are required to hold the lead in a close deathmatch game. Knowing which targets to focus, when to engage and disengage, shifting the location of a fight, etc. - these subtle strategic elements in Deathmatch require a more thoughtful approach then most objective games.

More enjoyable to that small minority. Not to everyone else. I come from gw2 and other games where conquest mode is the most competitive. To me you are alluding to the fact as to why they are undermining it. Its all out of spite for zos removing deathmatch only option. They are intentionally being selfish, which whether they realize it or not because of their intentions undermines the whole mmr system.

I just unsubscribed from a guy on twitch last night who I thought was cool. But then I see him letting his teamates die, saying its an unwritten rule that you don't interfere with a 1v1. Meanwhile his buddy on the other team, who he let kill a nooby who plays his heart out everyday, had an obscene K/D but the least amount of points in the match lol. and the streamer who let him win was on the last place team and it almost looked like he threw the match.

Its disrespectful to the devs who created the game modes and also to the community and teamates who play to win matches and enjoy the game being about more then who has the most overpowered meta gear and builds. Which is really all deathmatch is about. Its not more strategic at all. Its only about fighting tactics.

I really would love to see a leaderboard based on W/L and skill rating. so people like you will learn how wrong you are about "simple strategies to avoid combat" Its not true in other games with conquest mode that have less players capping points so its definitely not true in this game with 3 teams. The best fighters still come out on top if they have equally good rotations and map strategy. Really thats just an excuse this community uses to justify their behavior and I find it shameful.
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 27, 2021 7:02PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)

More enjoyable to that small minority. Not to everyone else. I come from gw2 and other games where conquest mode is the most competitive. To me you are alluding to the fact as to why they are undermining it. Its all out of spite for zos removing deathmatch only option. They are intentionally being selfish, which whether they realize it or not because of their intentions undermines the whole mmr system.

I just unsubscribed from a guy on twitch last night who I thought was cool. But then I see him letting his teamates die, saying its an unwritten rule that you don't interfere with a 1v1. Meanwhile his buddy on the other team, who he let kill a nooby who plays his heart out everyday, had an obscene K/D but the least amount of points in the match lol. and the streamer who let him win was on the last place team and it almost looked like he threw the match.

Its disrespectful to the devs who created the game modes and also to the community and teamates who play to win matches and enjoy the game being about more then who has the most overpowered meta gear and builds. Which is really all deathmatch is about. Its not more strategic at all. Its only about fighting tactics.

I really would love to see a leaderboard based on W/L and skill rating. so people like you will learn how wrong you are about "simple strategies to avoid combat" Its not true in other games with conquest mode that have less players capping points so its definitely not true in this game with 3 teams. The best fighters still come out on top if they have equally good rotations and map strategy. Really thats just an excuse this community uses to justify their behavior and I find it shameful.

Best solution, 4 modes:

Solo DM
    Solo Objective
    Group DM
    Group Objective

Something tells me the DM options would be the most popular.
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    My answer is secretly yes, but presently no.

There is no place for anything in this game to call itself competitive with the state of performance as it is, nevermind the class balance.

(They have also said they would never introduce 1v1/2v2/3v3 as that would mean they would need to balance classes for that purpose)

1v1 is never a competitive thing in mmo's because there would always be class imbalances no matter what. 2v2 and 3v3 could be a thing and I can see that being deathmatch on much smaller maps. But it still would not be considered as competitive as a 4v4 conquest mode. because in the end you still want it to be less about team meta builds. You want map strategy to be a factor as well and you want more classes and roles viable. otherwise it can be very boring and exclude alot of players and make alot of content irrelevant.

Its almost like these players don't like the game they are playing and maybe should go design their own.

Best solution, 4 modes:

Solo DM
    Solo Objective
    Group DM
    Group Objective

Something tells me the DM options would be the most popular.

What Anet learned with guild wars, is that solo mode is not viable. It will always be exploited by sync dropping and there is absolutely no way to stop it. What they did instead was have a ranked mode and an unranked mode. And they heavily penalize quitting and penalize declining a qeue popup. Because alot of players will just see if they get the qeue pop at the same time and just decline it. Which is just as bad as joining and quitting a match. They allow full premades in unranked mode. but limit premades to 2 players in ranked mode which is a compromise.

And I would prefer to just have ranked stay random and as it is, with a leaderboard based on ELO skill rating or W/L with a W/L record shown. and unranked allowing people to choose any modes they want to qeue for just like it was.. I sure as hell don't want to play chaosball so give me a choice too lmao...
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 27, 2021 7:16PM
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO

I prefer the GW2 model. elitism and toxicity will always be in competitive games. This game is no different. But people of all skill levels can be competitive. The definition of being competitive is wanting competitive matches. Wanting to stomp noobs is the opposite of competitive.

Even if we gave these players their own deathmatch unranked practice qeue. They would still hop into the ranked qeue just to ragequit players because they have shown time and time again that is what they enjoy doing the most. They cried to ZOS that qeue times were too long and ZOS saw the playerbase is measly. So zos made random qeues and put in a solo mode. Which they undermine by syncdropping into or grouping on discord. If ZOS is not going to do anything about the cheating and poor sportsmanship by banning quitters, which means also those who decline qeues, while having an actual mmr qeue with a W/L record and Skill rating based leaderboard, I also suggest a maximum of 2 man premades. then this will never be a competitive community.

But to your point, I agree we should not reward these toxic players. Start with ensuring fair play before making any changes imo. I don't mind waiting 30 mins for a qeue if thats what it takes to build the playerbase again. make a ranked and unranked qeue instead of group and solo.

I come from gw2 as well - since beta in fact, plat player/full legendaries all that stuff which means nothing now days. I do not prefer gw2 model. You are cornered to play a certain play style if you pick a class - no diversity. Thief, decap bot. Team loses, your fault. There is difference in toxicity, every online game, every forum has it, tell me something I don't know.

WOW arena, failing, GW2 conquest mode, failed, hard and you should know it if you come from gw2, WVW don't get me started, you either face bots or the same team/players over and over and over. Their population is slim, small, probably not much bigger than ESO bgs, probably smaller who knows.

Games are different, all with pros/cons. But comparing ESO to gw2/wow pvp is not comparing apples to apples. You can't. The grass is never greener, somehow people think it that way.

Also, I do mind waiting 30 mins, and am willing to bet most will as well, most people work several hrs a day, and surprisingly a lot gamers are parents now, that is just reality, games are no longer cater to 15 year old that have all the time in the world, and don't have money to spend.
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭

I come from gw2 as well - since beta in fact, plat player/full legendaries all that stuff which means nothing now days. I do not prefer gw2 model. You are cornered to play a certain play style if you pick a class - no diversity. Thief, decap bot. Team loses, your fault. There is difference in toxicity, every online game, every forum has it, tell me something I don't know.

WOW arena, failing, GW2 conquest mode, failed, hard and you should know it if you come from gw2, WVW don't get me started, you either face bots or the same team/players over and over and over. Their population is slim, small, probably not much bigger than ESO bgs, probably smaller who knows.

Games are different, all with pros/cons. But comparing ESO to gw2/wow pvp is not comparing apples to apples. You can't. The grass is never greener, somehow people think it that way.

Also, I do mind waiting 30 mins, and am willing to bet most will as well, most people work several hrs a day, and surprisingly a lot gamers are parents now, that is just reality, games are no longer cater to 15 year old that have all the time in the world, and don't have money to spend.

I hover between g3 and plat but you think it failed Compared to ESO which literally feels like it only has 50 people playing bg's? In GW2 the matches are way more competitive and I don't see the same people in every match even at offpeak times. What failed to you? NO diversity? The only class that is rarely played is warrior, which for years has always been nerfed into the ground for the avg player. But of course the top players can still dominate with it. Every other class is played with a diversity of builds. You can look at sites like metabattle which rate them all.

All these games are mmo's with similar 4v4 arena modes.

I wait 30 mins for a dungeon sometimes. The qeues definitely don't have to be instant but ESO needs to stop claiming this game has an mmr, because at this point it definitely does not. Whats great about this game is you can do other things while queuing, like play cyrodil or duel. Most competitive players will prefer competitive matches and waiting 20-30 mins to get one would be worth it and at the same time would build the playerbase back up. Most people I know who play this game won't even do the daily its so brutal lol.

And so what are you saying? In real life "parents" have to give up atheletic sports too? Thats as lame as the excuse that crashing and disconnects are reasons not to penalize quitting and que decliners. Meanwhile RIOT does it with LoL and those matches can last up to 45 mins long.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    I also think that DM and Chaos Ball are fun with 4vs4vs4. All the other modes should be 4vs4. Capture the relic and domination could be really fun if they were 4vs4.
    Because I can!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    Bashev wrote: »
    I also think that DM and Chaos Ball are fun with 4vs4vs4. All the other modes should be 4vs4. Capture the relic and domination could be really fun if they were 4vs4.

Sadly, I don't think that any of the game modes would work with only two teams, unless they found a way to match two very evenly powered teams against one another. But with current balance and matchmaking, the vast majority of two team matches would be pure domination by one team over the less powerful team.

On second thought, it might work with pre-made teams. At least the onus is on the teams to put together functional four-mans. But in solo queue, one team is almost always going to be significantly stronger than the other. That power differential would be just as outcome determinative in domination and capture the relic as it is in Deathmatch.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)

Sadly, I don't think that any of the game modes would work with only two teams, unless they found a way to match two very evenly powered teams against one another. But with current balance and matchmaking, the vast majority of two team matches would be pure domination by one team over the less powerful team.

On second thought, it might work with pre-made teams. At least the onus is on the teams to put together functional four-mans. But in solo queue, one team is almost always going to be significantly stronger than the other. That power differential would be just as outcome determinative in domination and capture the relic as it is in Deathmatch.

I agree here and that is why I want DM and Chaos Ball to be 3 teams. But the other modes, they just dont work with 3 teams. You will win if you just skip any pvp.
    Because I can!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)

I agree here and that is why I want DM and Chaos Ball to be 3 teams. But the other modes, they just dont work with 3 teams. You will win if you just skip any pvp.

Yeah, it's problematic both ways.
    Team v Team = One team dominates (at least in solo queue)
    Team v Team v Team = Avoiding PvP combat is far too effective

Just give us a dedicated DM queue, lol.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)

Now this is something we need!!! Sadly noone hear us.

Because I can!
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO

I hover between g3 and plat but you think it failed Compared to ESO which literally feels like it only has 50 people playing bg's? In GW2 the matches are way more competitive and I don't see the same people in every match even at offpeak times. What failed to you? NO diversity? The only class that is rarely played is warrior, which for years has always been nerfed into the ground for the avg player. But of course the top players can still dominate with it. Every other class is played with a diversity of builds. You can look at sites like metabattle which rate them all.

I wait 30 mins for a dungeon sometimes. The qeues definitely don't have to be instant but ESO needs to stop claiming this game has an mmr, because at this point it definitely does not. Whats great about this game is you can do other things while queuing, like play cyrodil or duel. Most competitive players will prefer competitive matches and waiting 20-30 mins to get one would be worth it and at the same time would build the playerbase back up. Most people I know who play this game won't even do the daily its so brutal lol.

And so what are you saying? In real life "parents" have to give up atheletic sports too? Thats as lame as the excuse that crashing and disconnects are reasons not to penalize quitting and que decliners. Meanwhile RIOT does it with LoL and those matches can last up to 45 mins long.

Gw2 matches are not competitive, not close, not a little bit, just no. Build diversity, there are 8 classes, each class has one, some two meta specs. Use a different spec on higher rating guess what, you will get *** on by all your teammates, theif decap monkey, guardian support.

What failed to me, hackers, bots, griefing, devs focusing in other mods, no build diversity (metabattle, funny look at godsofpvp, more informative site), no expansion in what 4 years? nothing added. Getting matched to bronze players due to the declining population, to name a few a d the cycle continues. I am wondering if we are taking about the same game.

I am not defending ESO, nor claiming ESO mmr system Is good. But to say other games do it better is also not true, far from it. Very few players want to wait 20-30 mins, very very few, design a game around those players and say bye bye to your player base. Go look at WOW and you will understand. What you are saying will do the opposite from building a player base. People don't wa t to wait 20-30 mins for a 15 min game. I would also like to see different pvp game modes btw. But playing other games like wow and gw2 I do not want ESO to do what they are doing.

I don't understand your last paragraph about parents and athletic sports, nor your analogy. You lost some credibility now that you brought LoL to this topic. Want to compare ESO to minecraft while you are at it? Or rollercoaster tycoon?
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO

This is something I can agree with!
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭

not true at all. thats impossible and you know you are exaggerating lol. I really wished the leaderboard was based on skill rating and showed W/L record so you guys could at least attempt to be competitive and learn how wrong you are.
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 29, 2021 1:16AM
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭

Gw2 matches are not competitive, not close, not a little bit, just no. Build diversity, there are 8 classes, each class has one, some two meta specs. Use a different spec on higher rating guess what, you will get *** on by all your teammates, theif decap monkey, guardian support.

What failed to me, hackers, bots, griefing, devs focusing in other mods, no build diversity (metabattle, funny look at godsofpvp, more informative site), no expansion in what 4 years? nothing added. Getting matched to bronze players due to the declining population, to name a few a d the cycle continues. I am wondering if we are taking about the same game.

I am not defending ESO, nor claiming ESO mmr system Is good. But to say other games do it better is also not true, far from it. Very few players want to wait 20-30 mins, very very few, design a game around those players and say bye bye to your player base. Go look at WOW and you will understand. What you are saying will do the opposite from building a player base. People don't wa t to wait 20-30 mins for a 15 min game. I would also like to see different pvp game modes btw. But playing other games like wow and gw2 I do not want ESO to do what they are doing.

I don't understand your last paragraph about parents and athletic sports, nor your analogy. You lost some credibility now that you brought LoL to this topic. Want to compare ESO to minecraft while you are at it? Or rollercoaster tycoon?

8 classes with multiple viable specs is not build diversity? Quite a contrast from ESO that has stamden, magcro and stam sorc which dominate other classes by a long mile. But why are you getting offtopic? What does any of this have to do with having competitive matches and a real leaderboard? Do you not know the definition? If people didn't cry about qeu8e times and we had a real mmr, it doesn't matter what level you are playing at you can and should be able to have competitive matches. Without someone so selfish they think they are entitled to stomp noobs. The complete opposite of competitive.

What failed to you is whats wrong with eso, not gw2 bud. There are problems in every pc game. But barely noticeable in gw2, unlike eso which most people in their right mind avoid. Extremely ironic lol.

The mmr system does not exist, because people cry about long qeue times and sync drop in the solo qeue and are constantly rolling toons like the dudes in u50 cyrodil lmao. . Thats why even if we give these selfish players , that ruin matches for competitive players who try to win in each game mode, a DM qeue they will still tier slum in the other gamodes when they get bored or get tired of waiting in qeue. Thats why ZOS took it away from them in the first place. Noone plays cause there is nothing competitive about it.

My last paragraph means the fact you are a parent is no excuse. make time to play the game if you want to play it. Just like people do with real life athletic sports where they have to drive to a physical location other then their desk chair. gimme a break. LOL is the only pc game popular by my standards and the main reason is because their core community is as competitive as the original counterstrike community was and because they ban quitters and smurfers. BTW a term coined by that community like stackers were coined by cs..
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 29, 2021 1:22AM
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    Yes I loved this in other competitor MMO's
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion