Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'Experience' Mundus Stone?

MooseKnuckles88
MooseKnuckles88
✭✭✭✭
I hope everyone has had fun xp pushing the past few weeks, and watching it come to an end struck an idea to me. Why not add an experience based mundus stone to the game?

Before people start freaking out here, I've been playing this game not nearly as long as others, but I have been playing since 2018. I understand that we have training gear traits, xp scrolls, xp from groups, enlightenment, random bg/dungeon boosts, xp events, and yes even xp from marriage. Since the current cp cap is set to 3600 it'd be nice if we could have maybe more ways to try to reach that. This would be even more helpful for newer players as well and help reduce the grind feeling while we chase down champion points. Any one have any thoughts on this? I wouldn't know how much xp to suggest the mundus stone would give and since this is only an idea, it's open to opinion.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only way i see zos doing this is as a crown-store exclusive item :#

but generally i like the idea! :) the cp grind really is absurd. i imagine it must be quite disheartening to new players to see a lot of players several thousand levels above them.
    Edited by snoozy on April 14, 2021 8:36PM
    PC EU
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the worst idea I have ever heard. Is there a mundus symbol that has not been used yet?
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always bugged me that there are 13 (not for superstitious reasons, just because it's so hard to get them in a neat circle!) so another one would get my vote :D
    PS4 EU
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or

Add it as a CP constellation under the craft line. You want extra XP? Ok but it will cost you utility and CP points. Just like if you want extra XP by wearing training gear you’re sacrificing combat power for the boost.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snoozy wrote: »

but generally i like the idea! :) the cp grind really is absurd. i imagine it must be quite disheartening to new players to see a lot of players several thousand levels above them.

It's no more than a few thousand.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly I dont want to swap a bit more XP for clearing the XP more slowly!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actively not want this because it would make low level characters even weaker to forego a stat-based mundus stone. It's not fun to be a wet noodle in battlegrounds and dungeons.

Same goes for grinding CP IMO. I'd rather have other sources of experience bonuses buffed than have to choose between optimizing my grind and having higher stats. Where an experience bonus comes from impacts player choice.

It's one thing to say "we should add more ways for characters to gain more EXP", but doing that via mundus stones would force lose/lose choices IMO.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Not the worst idea I have ever heard. Is there a mundus symbol that has not been used yet?

The Serpent. And there is precedent in earlier games for Mundus Stones that increased the rate at which you gained XP with certain skill lines. We have Mundus stones that mimic traits like Health, Stamina, Magicka, Recovery, Armor, W/S Damage, and Penetration, but none for Training. I don't think it would be particularly busted to have a Mundus Stone that grants 20% increased XP gain or something- you'd be giving up actual power in terms of stats in exchange for leveling more quickly.
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of words and its NO absolutely No ZOS provides a stupid amount of xp boosts already.
    1. they give away free xp scrolls all the time.
    2. they have events that double xp
    3. Get and use training gear it can be applied to any craftable set of armor
    4. Lastly Ambrosia in several levels of xp boost are player makeable.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With all the XP buffs in the game I dont think it would break anything to have mundus stone that also increases XP gain.
    Mundus of Fortune: 10% increased XP and gold gain

Making training gear to grind is often not an option for new players who are relatively poor and have a low crafting skill.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With all the XP buffs in the game I dont think it would break anything to have mundus stone that also increases XP gain.
    Mundus of Fortune: 10% increased XP and gold gain

Making training gear to grind is often not an option for new players who are relatively poor and have a low crafting skill.

People make gear for new players, often for free.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandellia wrote: »
    A couple of words and its NO absolutely No ZOS provides a stupid amount of xp boosts already.
    1. they give away free xp scrolls all the time.
    2. they have events that double xp
    3. Get and use training gear it can be applied to any craftable set of armor
    4. Lastly Ambrosia in several levels of xp boost are player makeable.

So what? One more boost will break the sky down?
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not? So long as it’s not 10000 gems in the crown store...
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

The Serpent. And there is precedent in earlier games for Mundus Stones that increased the rate at which you gained XP with certain skill lines. We have Mundus stones that mimic traits like Health, Stamina, Magicka, Recovery, Armor, W/S Damage, and Penetration, but none for Training. I don't think it would be particularly busted to have a Mundus Stone that grants 20% increased XP gain or something- you'd be giving up actual power in terms of stats in exchange for leveling more quickly.

The Serpent mundus stone already exists. It grants stamina recovery.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    snoozy wrote: »

I love the faux concern for new players now being shown from others. :D Not just on here, but elsewhere too.

Before this new CP system was even mentioned, new players regularly came on here asking for a better catch up mechanic or a larger xp gain for such players. They were shot down by those sat at the cap. Because we had to do the inane grind, they had to do it. But now WE have to do the inane grind ourselves, people now spouting the "won't someone think of the new players" malarkey.

Admit it, you couldn't give a jot about Wee Timmy, you just have no issue with such a thing because we now find ourselves having to do the grind again. No shame in it. I can't be arsed with it either.

"several thousand" is a slight exaggeration though. Most folk are nowhere near even having 2k cp.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on April 15, 2021 5:13PM