The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help a noob with Sorcerer Build

ElSanguinario01
ElSanguinario01
Soul Shriven
Hello im new in the game and i dont know the mechanics in depth, i have in mind create a dummer or altmer Sorcerer magicka dps in heavy armor and use 2 handed weapons and staffs would i be able to do damage with weapons if i never level up stamina? will be this build viable to do PvE dungeons and PvP? thanks beforehand please help me =)
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viable is subjective
  • ElSanguinario01
    ElSanguinario01
    Soul Shriven
    zvavi wrote: »
    Viable is subjective

I mean as good as normally the other players with op characters who have been playing this game for years because I don't want to go pvp and get destroyed in seconds because my character is trash
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    It is pointless using a two hander without leveling stam and using stam skills. You won't be able to get mag resources back with heavy attacks using a two hander, so if you only want to put points into magicka then a double destro or destro restor build is probably what you want to use. With the new armor bonuses/weaknesses playing a ranged mag build in heavy armor wouldn't help much because of the extra spell damage you will take, however I believe it is only 1% extra spell damage taken. You also would be at a disadvantage since using light armor on a mag build really helps with sustain.
    they/them/theirs
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add, but if you are set on a hybrid build you will want points in both mag and stam. I would personally play Dunmer just because I like them more than some other races. Their passives also help with hybrid builds.
    they/them/theirs