The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

High-MMR premade fights should always be a Deathmatch

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
It's not about being salty for losing the game or anything, we don't really care. Everything high-MMR groups care about is a quality battle time.

There is an unwritten rule to never touch objectives. Because you didn't gather a group, waste 15 minutes in the queue just to sneak around and avoid battle (which is wincondition in many game modes), you want 4vs4vs4 group PvP.

If your players deliberately avoid gamemodes, don't fight against your players. We know what's fun for us. Give us what we want.

Give us deathmatch.
Give us custom battlegrounds (12 ppl premade).
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is you’re not representing the only opinion, whether your high mmr friends have entrusted you with speaking for them or not.

This unwritten rule to never touch objectives is part of the problem. It’s basically still a death match it just takes place on a flag instead of at the base of someone’s spawn or in the exact center. You still have to be the only team on a flag to flip it (kill the other team to remove them.) still have to kill the chaos ball carrier to get it for yourself.

Kill kill kill. Yes I’m a pvper too and this is also what I enjoy I just don’t mind having different scenarios instead of 3 aoe bruisers and 1 healer butting heads for 15 minutes straight.

Like it’s such an underhanded thing for someone to have a slightly different character that excels at slightly different things and expect it to have a place to play since the game advertises it.

Yet the moment we’re promised a relative fix for the problem we’ve been having for months then people pre-empt the solution, citing problems as being what we’ve been deprived of???

Pretty off base if you ask me. Off base, off brand, and off color.

I mean at least let the people thatve already been crying for months get what they want before you start the same argument again.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is elitism in disguise i'm afraid, MMR is irrelevant. I care about high quality fights, and I do not consider which group can spam to death a target most efficiently' as a quality fight. Objectives give complexity to fights, and that complexity requires skilled Just In Time decision making which includes targeting kills when appropriate.

The answer has been said many times elsewhere and is implemented in many other MMORPG is1 queue that is random, but weights the options based on participating player preference.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on January 23, 2022 4:36PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OBJnoob @_adhyffbjjjf12 any reason you reanimate almost a year-old thread?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol absolutely didn’t notice. Wonder how I even found the thread I don’t go digging that deep…. Anyway, sorry!