The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Starter Packs, Crowns & Crown Crates Belong to Account or to a Specific Character?

skyh
skyh
Hi

1. I got a Steam account for my friend as a birthday gift. I want to get her some crowns and the 2 Starter Packs from the Store; however, she has not created a character yet (I made a temporary "test" character, but she won't be using that.

If I buy crowns and Starter Packs, will they be available to the new character when she creates it?

2. Alternatively, can I buy these from my account as a gift for another players account?

Thanks ...
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns and anything purchased from the crown store are available to all characters as long as they're on the same server. If you buy them or gift them to her on the NA server and then she chooses to play on EU those items won't be available (and vice versa) but otherwise they'll be there for whichever character she creates or logs into.

You can't gift crowns but you can gift most things from the crown store, and that's probably a better option than continuing to play and make purchases on her account, because technically that counts as either sharing an account or trading it and either way it's against the TOS. I don't think ZOS would have a problem with what you've done so far, but it could potentially be an issue if the ownership of the account is called into question later on (say for example if she needs to contact support about a problem with a purchase) and the less activity there's been before she takes it over the better it's likely to be.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • skyh
    skyh
    Thanks for the info. The Starter packs apparently can only be purchased once, but I'll try to buy everything else as gifts from my account.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All crown store items are account wide on the server they were bought on. You can gift most crown store items but not crowns.