The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Most Balanced Builds

Ippokrates
Ippokrates
✭✭✭✭✭
I am looking for some builds dedicated purely for solo content, including dungeons (I like lore but with pugs never had the chance to hear quest givers, so I want to take trips alone :p )

Which race & class have at this moment optimal balance between dd, defence & sustain?

Thanks for opinions in advance ;)
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    my go to for solo is mDK. I'm running 1 pirate skeleton, 5 undaunted unweaver and 5 infallible (lighning staff) & fire vMA backbar with pale order ring. The "unorthadox" part of the build is I use Noxious breath. This gives me the stamina skill to proc unweaver and also applies major breach/fracture for the debuff while still doing some damage.

I'm not going to lie, I've had to grind CP to a little over 1200 to get "close" to how I felt prior to the latest update and it looks like im going to have to be at least 1300 to get back to where I was.

Have no problems solo'ing nDSA now but have had to invest in damage reduction cps in the Blue tree so don't have max damage passives (due to lackof cp)
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Skyn
    Skyn
    ✭✭
    Currently enjoying mag templar. I'm using a noble duelist/undaunted infiltrator/maelstrom staff setup that I originally farmed for a magdk heavy attack build.
    I can get 55k dps with jabs, but if resources run low I still get 45k dps using empower and heavy attack on lightening staff.
    I find this much faster than the usual solo magsorc builds for soloing stuff.
    So in a way I'm similar to the above post, im slowly farming infallible to upgrade.
  • CableBomb
    CableBomb
    ✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Which race & class have at this moment optimal balance between dd, defence & sustain?

If you're looking for the easiest, though quite boring setup, that heals, sustains and does damage, a Breton MagSorc running Crit Surge and Twilights seems like a no-brainer.

I personally prefer pure murder builds for solo stuff though. The faster they go down, the less *** I have to deal with.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's about class or race. It's about how you balance gear and skills.

I've had good success with

warden tank but in DD gear. DPS is a bit low (15K single target) but fairly bombproof.

stamwarden with 2H and using brawler (for the damage shield) as the spammable plus infernal guardian triggered off the brawler to nuke all the trash that stands too far away. The other advantage of stamwarden as of CP 2.0 is that you can trade the fancier ultimates for the bear and use the bear as a 1500/sec heal source as well as a bit of a tank by picking the right CP options. With lotus and betty netch up your heal/sustain are both really good.

mostly single bar stamplar. Much squishier build based around hitting the penetration cap (7 medium divines, lover, 2H maul) with heals, razor caltrops and potl on the back bar. Much less forgiving of errors but certainly the fastest.

It's also a good idea to look at PVP builds for dungeon soloing. The defensive/offensive bar approach and the ways of combining sword/board and 2H or dual wield as well as the offensive but with restro back bar are also IMHO very relevant to solo dungeoneering.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For solo play? Go Pet Sorc or Magplar. Great survivability, good overall damage, ease of rotation, etc.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not a Stam class. Penetration is easier to get on Magicka.

Magicka Nightblade is awesome. Tough to kill and easy to upgrade to a VetDungeon ready build.

MagPlar in full light armor and Sweeping all the time is also pretty tough to kill and can sustain through the most arid draughts.

I personally do not like pet builds. Too annoying to enjoy.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want fully sustainable, ready for any content (vet, trial, solo, etc.) builds, I recommend giving Xynode a try. Many options to choose from depending on your personal playstyle, all very fun and unique setups.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know my vampire magDK build is pretty fun in solo content. The Breton Race and DK passives make flame damage not all that bad and the Pale Order Ring and Blood for Blood on top of Combustion means you're not worrying about magicka even with no recovery based sets and enchantments.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=289388

I usually change out the abilities based on the content, but that Pale Order Ring works wonders on a DK with it's AOE DOTs it throws around.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK