Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bound Furniture Issue

Alandauron
Alandauron
✭✭✭
I have searched the forums and seen that this is something that has been discussed several times to some extent but I wanted to provide a possible concept to consider.

When coming back to the game I was excited to be able to utilize the housing system as well as the furnishings that go along with it, this makes the game feel very much like a TES game. I became frustrated once I realized there was no way for my wife and I to both use our bound items in the same house. This is a pretty significant oversight IMO.

My initial, knee jerk, thought was that you should be able to designate individuals from your friend list to allow them to drop furnishings in your house, or some variation of this, allowing players such as my wife and I to enjoy a house together with ALL of our furnishings. I read another post suggesting just that and saw a response along the lines of "The company should not have to deal with fallout from failed relationships" and I agree with that. That still leaves us with the issue of being able to share all (decoration) items in game if you want to. Many are available through crafting and purchasing from vendors but there are several very unique and exciting options that are strictly bound.

The main culprit, possibly only real culprit, is Scrying. I am aware this is new but I don't see the reason for every single furnishing item being bound on pickup, this feels like a method to force people to try it out. Scrying is interesting for a little while but then turns into something that feels more tedious, not to mention it is something that one part of the population would rather not do, PvPers mainly. There are plenty of items that are only attainable by going into PvP zones that allow PvPers to make some money through selling them to people that rfuse to step foot in those zones, some style pages that can go for 1mil come to mind. What is the reasoning behind making all furnishings attained through Scrying bound on pickup?

I personally believe that there should either be an option to allow gifting of bound furnishings to specified people on a friends list or to remove the bind on pickup from most, if not all, furnishins acquired through Scrying. If there were just a few unique ones that were bound I might understand but all furnishings acquired through Scrying are bind on pickup.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other than maybe some crown store items, I cant see any reason for furnishings to be bound.
  • Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Other than maybe some crown store items, I cant see any reason for furnishings to be bound.
    This is my thoughts as well, as a purely cosmetic part of the game there shouldn't be limitations on how you're allowed to use it. Considering how long it takes to level scrying, and the fact that by the time you get there it can become extremely repetitive, it shouldn't be something that is required by any means. Some of the items attained through Scrying are pretty impressive. Add to that that people that do enjoy scrying can't gain any external benefit, all the items they attain they have to use on their own account. Making items attained through Scrying sellable will allow those that enjoy the minigame to also reap rewards from other parts of the game through the in-game trade systems(markets).

It makes no sense to have these things bound.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alandauron wrote: »
    I have searched the forums and seen that this is something that has been discussed several times to some extent but I wanted to provide a possible concept to consider.

When coming back to the game I was excited to be able to utilize the housing system as well as the furnishings that go along with it, this makes the game feel very much like a TES game. I became frustrated once I realized there was no way for my wife and I to both use our bound items in the same house. This is a pretty significant oversight IMO.

My initial, knee jerk, thought was that you should be able to designate individuals from your friend list to allow them to drop furnishings in your house, or some variation of this, allowing players such as my wife and I to enjoy a house together with ALL of our furnishings. I read another post suggesting just that and saw a response along the lines of "The company should not have to deal with fallout from failed relationships" and I agree with that. That still leaves us with the issue of being able to share all (decoration) items in game if you want to. Many are available through crafting and purchasing from vendors but there are several very unique and exciting options that are strictly bound.

The main culprit, possibly only real culprit, is Scrying. I am aware this is new but I don't see the reason for every single furnishing item being bound on pickup, this feels like a method to force people to try it out. Scrying is interesting for a little while but then turns into something that feels more tedious, not to mention it is something that one part of the population would rather not do, PvPers mainly. There are plenty of items that are only attainable by going into PvP zones that allow PvPers to make some money through selling them to people that rfuse to step foot in those zones, some style pages that can go for 1mil come to mind. What is the reasoning behind making all furnishings attained through Scrying bound on pickup?

I personally believe that there should either be an option to allow gifting of bound furnishings to specified people on a friends list or to remove the bind on pickup from most, if not all, furnishins acquired through Scrying. If there were just a few unique ones that were bound I might understand but all furnishings acquired through Scrying are bind on pickup.

The reasoning is simply that if you want the furniture, you're buying/renting the ability to do so. Why do leads have timers? So you can't sit on them until ESO+ free trial. I'm not sure what to do with the Ayleid King Skull pile I have, but I doubt they will add convenience for us at the cost of their income.

I'd even be OK with them allowing us to sell them to merchants for 1k gold like we get from selling other scrying booty.

Fear is the Mindkiller