Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem with lag

Stevie6
Stevie6
✭✭✭✭
Over the last several days I've experienced a lot of lag especially in dungeons. Today was worse. I left ESO over a year ago and recently subbed a few days ago. I use to solo Arx Corinium on vet all the time. Now..pffff. I used a heavy setup on my magsorc (usually one bar build). Today, I tried everything and died within 30 seconds to the final boss. Did ZOS make changes to hvy armor builds? My shield was around 15k, spell dmg 4300 to 4600, armor 28000/22000, health 38000, mag 34000, 14000 stam...rounded numbers while using blue food. Before it was enough to get thru, now it's lol. I did get the inferno infused staff in a chest earlier. Then I saw the changes to the UI set. >.<

The lag was between 400 to 999 ms+. My kb/m button weren't working..had to smash them alot to get a response...I was dead before I knew it. It's no wonder I don't have dps above 10k. It used to be in the 30 to 40k range before Horrowind. lolololol. I did change ISP from SuddenStink to Tmobile LTE (50 mb down / 20 mb up) averaging 80 ms while doing overland content. Dungeons, etc no way...999 + ms.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2021 6:44PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Stevie6

For the input lag and latency you are experiencing while playing, you can try the troubleshooting steps here and here which may improve your latency.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS Billie for your response but I’ve done all the troubleshooting on my end. It’s not me but your server. It needs to be replaced and the ddos service causing the players to have more lag. You guys need to see what is happening in real time. My overland connection is good. It’s about 80 ms. While in dungeons either normal or vet, it spikes between 200 to 999+ms and kB/m doesn’t respond. Btw, that’s solo. No other players. Been this way for years now. I even have a better ISP with 50 mb down and 20mb up.

Things I would look at:

Player inventory affecting overall game performance and loading issues.
    Input request from players kB/m
    Light and heavy attacks not firing off.
    Eliminate LA (light attacks) and add the damage to skills. Might help with lag issue on the server in general. Allow full animations. Make a patch and test it on PTS. Get players input.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Stevie6

Thank you for the update. If the linked troubleshooting hasn't helped, you can open a ticket with customer support so they can investigate further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post