The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healer/DPS Mag Nightblade gearing

khaoticfury
khaoticfury
✭✭
I am currently testing out a Magicka Nightblade, with one bar for group healing and one bar for solo dps. I am trying to decide which sets would compliment both. Right now I have Amber Plasm and Spell Power Cure, with Ilambris monster set.

I am thinking of taking advantage of NB crit rating, and maybe using hollowfang thirst...but not sure if I should pair with SPC or maybe Julianos...

As far as monster set, was thinking Grundwulf or Slimecraw...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to specify pvp or pve. Also splitting your bars specifically for 2 separate tasks isnt really ideal and should not be a basic approach as it shoehorned you into ability placement that could work against your passives. Bar swapping is simply a matter of weapon choice, and the only barrier is a single GCD and one extra button press.

Example being, NB healing benefits from siphoning abilities slotted, siphoning abilities include your primary spammable, resource sustain tool, primary single target heal. There are alot of reasons you will be cross pollinating abilities that fufill different aspects of a build between both bars if you are trying to male the most use out of your passives, which include ult gen, healing done, crit rating, max health.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to run Spell Power Cure solo, you should have Dampen/Harness Magicka in your rotation, so as to increase the reliability of overhealing.

I haven't experimented with that much in difficult content; the reason I haven't is that the early experiments didn't go well.
  • khaoticfury
    khaoticfury
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    You need to specify pvp or pve. Also splitting your bars specifically for 2 separate tasks isnt really ideal and should not be a basic approach as it shoehorned you into ability placement that could work against your passives. Bar swapping is simply a matter of weapon choice, and the only barrier is a single GCD and one extra button press.

Example being, NB healing benefits from siphoning abilities slotted, siphoning abilities include your primary spammable, resource sustain tool, primary single target heal. There are alot of reasons you will be cross pollinating abilities that fufill different aspects of a build between both bars if you are trying to male the most use out of your passives, which include ult gen, healing done, crit rating, max health.

PVE.

And I do bar swap from time to time for certain situational abilities, but I like to focus on one bar for the scenario (solo or healing). I have used this method on Sorc, Templar, and Warden successfully, and have had no issues in Vet DLC Dungeons. My main concern is gearing. I want to provide healing to the group, but also play off the native crit bonus to solo more effectively.