The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Player made roofs ideas?

colossalvoids
colossalvoids
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Pretty trash at housing myself so would ask the community for that matter.

Have been struggling with roof ideas lately for a custom small rectangular shaped house with square corners front and rounded ones at the back of a building but nothing really looks any decent, was trying out argonian canopy/tent, reed, solitude sheds etc. but nothing I've tried really works. Or maybe I've missed some variants with them so might be a l2housing issue.

Would love any suggestions, your own udeas or videos/IDs of homes that can wield some inspiration in that regard, thanks in advance!

P.s. My current roof is like 11 (??) items total so reducing this would really help, increase sadly almost not possible.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have been struggling with roof ideas lately for a custom small rectangular shaped house with square corners front and rounded ones at the back of a building but nothing really looks any decent, was trying out argonian canopy/tent, reed, solitude sheds etc. but nothing I've tried really works. Or maybe I've missed some variants with them so might be a l2housing issue.

Would love any suggestions, your own udeas or videos/IDs of homes that can wield some inspiration in that regard, thanks in advance!

P.s. My current roof is like 11 (??) items total so reducing this would really help, increase sadly almost not possible.

Ah yes, I often struggle with this as well! Could you post a screenshot of your build-in-progress? It would help to determine what solutions might work for you. Square corners for part combined with round sounds like it may be particularly challenging and I expect you may need to combine several options — perhaps gazebos or circular platforms for the back portions and a flat platform for the front?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use long, wide tables with plain tops then have them angled so they form the triangle. In my current creation though, I ended up buying up 10 Alinor Greenhouses (1 million gold!) and using them as buildings in Grand Psijic Villa. It works because it's always sunny and never rains, I can see inside the buildings from the outside as I roam the grounds. I then used Khajiit tents as market shops to make the whole exterior look like a thriving town. Best of all they count as 1 furnishing object each, that alone makes up for their odd appearance.

I currently have them as an Inn, Restaurant, Weapon Shop, Temple, Greenhouse, Bank, and 4 residential homes. The Khajiit big tents are being used as a Produce Grocer with the Banker Kitty, Meat Grocer with the Vendor Kitty, and a Wine shop with Sereyne; that last one has an 80% markup on goods, sells very well, but has razor thin profits for some strange reason.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gdmp7iq4fsz4.jpeg

Probably not right for your project but I've used a combination of the Argonian Lattice with red and green ivy on a few projects. Very cheap and easy.

The Elsweyr floors also work well for an enclosed roof.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You maybe able to use the alinor curved low wall as a starting point door a curve then using another one sinking them into each other. I'm not sure though without a visual frame of reference to go by.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for participation everyone, maybe some stuff isn't fitting enough for this one but i taking notes anyway as i have at least half of my houses unfurnished so everything will find a way to manifest in later builds :)

@Araneae6537 @Alurria I'll unclude some shots under spoiler tags to not prolong too much and give some general idea and what i've tried already (not exact ones but similar made right now for this post)

To get a general vibe there is a tower i have in this place so i kind of matching them:
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-40-25.png
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-40-14.png
    And a roofless mess in a distance :)
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-39-57.png

So, the "house" upclose and a roof made out of solitude stone for now as a placeholder kind of:
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-34-15.png
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-36-14.png
    Don't mind a khajiiti platform/fence sticking out, also a placeholder or i would hope it wouldn't be seen much.
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-37-01.png

One of the village-like variants but an issue is that it's kinda impossible for me to allign everything properly to not have "sticks" from it inside my house and to do proper corners:
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-43-31.png
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-44-10.png

More oriental one as it looks to me, kinda dunmerish/tsaesci but still fitting, was my primary built before:
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-47-34.png
    eso64_2021-04-10_11-48-08.png