The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pathetic

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly as I continue to Read and watch videos and streamers regarding the performance issues with PVP, it dawned on me that people aren't even satisfied as they put it out there to be, but play it because it's the only content that show's that they can get high viewership in, each time I have seen a content Creator steer away from playing this game, their numbers significantly drop. This game continues to have long "Life" time issues, with minor to no significant improvements to performance, and it showed when they got the community to talk about no proc sets, instead of originally the performance issues of the game. I played on PC NA and finding fights through the day seems more time consuming then trying to find a fight. It is clear as Day! That PVP isn't a focus they care to really dump serious resources into it! Because you just don't leave something broken for years and then try and use the superglue tactic by adding new things and "patching" later on.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuck in combat
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because every time I enter Cyrodill it takes at least 20 min for a 5 min fight im all about BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude cmon we like criticizing ZOS but what u do here goes below the belt. u might offend that one person whos working day and night to improve performance. we should rather try positive encouragement.
    Edited by Noctus on April 7, 2021 10:01PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because every time I enter Cyrodill it takes at least 20 min for a 5 min fight im all about BGs

Yes I prefer to sit in queue for 10-20 minutes for a capture the relic bg that ends in 3 minutes.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Honestly as I continue to Read and watch videos and streamers regarding the performance issues with PVP, it dawned on me that people aren't even satisfied as they put it out there to be, but play it because it's the only content that show's that they can get high viewership in, each time I have seen a content Creator steer away from playing this game, their numbers significantly drop. This game continues to have long "Life" time issues, with minor to no significant improvements to performance, and it showed when they got the community to talk about no proc sets, instead of originally the performance issues of the game. I played on PC NA and finding fights through the day seems more time consuming then trying to find a fight. It is clear as Day! That PVP isn't a focus they care to really dump serious resources into it! Because you just don't leave something broken for years and then try and use the superglue tactic by adding new things and "patching" later on.

PVP was one of the main, if not the main focus during Beta, early access, and launch. Developers from Dark Age of Camelot helped work on Cyrodiil, which was essentially a bow and arrow version of Planetside 2's map system. It was great! We had a real PVP-based MMORPG.

But the focus has drastically shifted as more and more PVE casuals started filling the servers. ZOS now treats as a PVE MMORPG that has PVP combat, not the other way around anymore, sadly. Many of us PVP vets who have been there since day 0, are waiting on Camelot Unchained/Ashes of Creation/New World/etc, to hopefully provide the experience ESO originally did. New World just did a 180 and looks like it's going to launch as a casual PVE MMORPG (like we don't already have a thousand of those..", so really it's just waiting on Camelot Unchained.

But yeah, I feel ya man...I do.
    Edited by Goregrinder on April 7, 2021 10:40PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PVP was one of the main, if not the main focus during Beta, early access, and launch. Developers from Dark Age of Camelot helped work on Cyrodiil, which was essentially a bow and arrow version of Planetside 2's map system. It was great! We had a real PVP-based MMORPG.

But the focus has drastically shifted as more and more PVE casuals started filling the servers. ZOS now treats as a PVE MMORPG that has PVP combat, not the other way around anymore, sadly. Many of us PVP vets who have been there since day 0, are waiting on Camelot Unchained/Ashes of Creation/New World/etc, to hopefully provide the experience ESO originally did. New World just did a 180 and looks like it's going to launch as a casual PVE MMORPG (like we don't already have a thousand of those..", so really it's just waiting on Camelot Unchained.

But yeah, I feel ya man...I do.

Few other big mmorpg's in a few years, hopefully pvp focused.
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭

Totally agree with you OP.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it from a financial standpoint, PvP would be the least popular of styles of normal play compared to questing and PvE and easily make the least amount of money directly. ZOS would allocate the absolute least amount of server space and number of developers to it. At the end of the day crown store crates and housing make money not PvP performance, if it wasn’t for the occasional pay to win like necro/warden, mythics, jewellery crafting and skill line most PvPers wouldn’t even buy the expansions.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    dude cmon we like criticizing ZOS but what u do here goes below the belt. u might offend that one person whos working day and night to improve performance. we should rather try positive encouragement.

Well look at it is this way! If 1 employee has been trying for 7 years to fix performance it is still on Zos fault for not giving that said employee more resources to do so. You don't send one person on the assemble line and expect for them to produce a great quality car all by themselves for 7 years do you?
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Think about it from a financial standpoint, PvP would be the least popular of styles of normal play compared to questing and PvE and easily make the least amount of money directly. ZOS would allocate the absolute least amount of server space and number of developers to it. At the end of the day crown store crates and housing make money not PvP performance, if it wasn’t for the occasional pay to win like necro/warden, mythics, jewellery crafting and skill line most PvPers wouldn’t even buy the expansions.

I just Don't see at ALL how great their PVE content is, I find it completely recycled and washed down. But clearly my opinion is outweighed by the masses.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

I just Don't see at ALL how great their PVE content is, I find it completely recycled and washed down. But clearly my opinion is outweighed by the masses.

Yeah I just don't get the same satisfaction killing an NPC that I do a human. NPC's are powered by algorithms and paths...their behavior is 100% predictable. You can learn a boss like you can learn a dance..eventually you'll learn every move and be able to kill that boss 10 our of 10 times.

Players on the other hand...it's a grab bag on who you'll fight against. Sometimes it's against potatoes, other times it's against demi-gods. And even the players who you have beaten before, can show up and suddenly surprise you by beating you. Humans can learn, NPC's cannot. Which is why I've avoided PVE as much as I can and only do the bare minimum requirement. It's like playing CSGO against nothing but Bots VS playing CSGO against other players in a competitive match...night and day difference in engagement and enjoyment for me.

I don't know...I just don't see fighting NPC's as a roll of the dice, there is no risk. It's just like "Oh here comes the bosses AoE right on time...get ready to hold your right mouse button guys...alright good we avoided that, next up he will do his holy beam attack in 5 seconds so get ready to hit your roll dodge button...." no challenge. With players, it's always a roll of the dice. Every time.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »

Yes I prefer to sit in queue for 10-20 minutes for a capture the relic bg that ends in 3 minutes.

Still get more action than Cyrodill these days! And while I get what you're saying, still more consistent action than OW off hours.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • angrydrew
    angrydrew
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose this is how Alexander.Graham.Bell felt when he made the first telephone...The point i try to make is if you bought a car then the salesman came to your house and took the steering wheel saying the car still runs is my kinda point about this game .Cant believe & yrs...jeez
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was true when we could queue for DM. Now I just login randomly play one BG and I get annoyed when I have to play some stupid objectives where I have to avoid PvP . I am waiting for the separate queue option. I hope it comes back.
    Because I can!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just don't get the same satisfaction killing an NPC that I do a human.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on April 8, 2021 10:40PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place