The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How many years will ESO last?

• Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angrydrew wrote: »
    This game is ahead of time .i think that's its biggest issue ,the hardware in the network is still playing catch up. Just think in a few years when the hardware does catch up flawless PvP and no issue with calculations up or down stream.no lost little box's so yeas a few more years of [snip] then bliss for pvp but also new software and virtual to look forward to in 5-10.But in the meantime since im dreamin its still a nightmare an theres nowhere else to go 4 now anyhoo..lol

[edited for profanity bypass]

But that's where you are wrong..... Pvp used to run perfectly barely any lag (except a few broken moves) when the VR system was in play. My ps4 pvp guild had 12-15 people and we would join fights with other factions where they had 100+ people and barely barely barely lag.

They changed to CP system (and the light patch they claim didn't break the game) and pvp went to crap. Proc sets and high cp numbers are really what's stressing the server most and people argue it isn't, but it is basic math. The server needs to check EVERYONES cp in cyrodil (even if not in a fight) and run damage calculations off that. Then you add in proc sets and monster sets and the new legendary armor/rings for more calculation.

How does that not create crazy lag? Idk people will say it doesn't though........
    Options
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you will keep opening your wallet.
    Edited by PigofSteel on April 9, 2021 9:51AM
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought ESO took place in some kind of time warp. It all occurs in the year 2014, doesn't it?

My poor little meat brain can't work out if this means it will last indefinitely, or whether it's all over already.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 or 7 years at minimum. But, being realistic it will be 15+ years imho. ESO is one of those MMOS that kinda "made it" and did not died (while if you look at the mmo market, it is filled with "corpses" of unsuccessful games).

Tbh. I have tried many mmos in the past (including WOW), but ESO is the 1st. mmo that "did not rejected me" and I still keep playing it.

If Devs will keep what they are doing and improve the game, the only "tough" times that might come is when TES 6 will be out. But it all depends on "how good" TES 6 will be. Recent trends show that literality no AAA game turned out to be good at launch and for the most part were barely working.

Anyway - even if TES 6 will be good - I will not abandon ESO. I will play both ;)
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this game is still making them money they won’t stop once Tamriel is filled up.

It may be possible they add other continents. (Ones in lore and ones they can make up) Akavir would be a very massive selling point for many elder scrolls fans. -throws money at screen-

Also a whole land mass where they could add years more worth of chapters and really go at it on the exploring/writing the lore as well. Would be a big undertaking as it would cement a lot of mysterious/leave it up to the fan base what’s there kinda thing. But it would be epic.

My personal opinion is that the single player games are going to take too long to make while the franchise is in its mega money making era. So extra content/exploring the world/s if it’s going to be put into a game would make sense for ESO to show us there. Also do think the word expansion is being saved for such a thing as a new landmass and why current content is called chapters. They could add new races, to play as well.

Time will tell..... :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angrydrew wrote: »
    This game is ahead of time .i think that's its biggest issue ,the hardware in the network is still playing catch up. Just think in a few years when the hardware does catch up flawless PvP and no issue with calculations up or down stream.no lost little box's so yeas a few more years of [snip] then bliss for pvp but also new software and virtual to look forward to in 5-10.But in the meantime since im dreamin its still a nightmare an theres nowhere else to go 4 now anyhoo..lol

[edited for profanity bypass]

But that's where you are wrong..... Pvp used to run perfectly barely any lag (except a few broken moves) when the VR system was in play. My ps4 pvp guild had 12-15 people and we would join fights with other factions where they had 100+ people and barely barely barely lag.

They changed to CP system (and the light patch they claim didn't break the game) and pvp went to crap. Proc sets and high cp numbers are really what's stressing the server most and people argue it isn't, but it is basic math. The server needs to check EVERYONES cp in cyrodil (even if not in a fight) and run damage calculations off that. Then you add in proc sets and monster sets and the new legendary armor/rings for more calculation.

How does that not create crazy lag? Idk people will say it doesn't though........

Isn't there a no-CP campaign? If so, and if you're right, then that campaign should run flawlessly performance-wise as the server doesn't need to check anyone's CPs at all. Does it?
    Options
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long enough that you should play it, not long enough to be what gives your life meaning.

Should the servers shut down for me that's alot of time and money that's just gone from my life. When you have an account you've spent thousands on irl money it just would feel like a dark bitter wound to lose all that.

At minimun give me a solo none server experience with my houses and a big empty world. I'll even pay for it like it's a whole new game just don't get rid of all my hard work and time.

My houses are some of the most beautiful and unique on the servers and I'd be truly distraught at losing them

No different than a job, pet, relative, friend or anything you've spent ample time on. Nothing lasts forever. Just enjoy it for the time you can.

Also to note - there is no way this game will be taken offline and there won't be 3rd party fan servers like every other beloved & fallen MMO.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having played both WoW and RIFT (WoW from 2006 - 2013, RIFT from 2013 - 2016) I have to say that it was a relief to find ESO. I'm not really super involved in MMOs (from my PoV, the best thing about them is they're not static like single player games).

ESO hits some high points for me - the TES universe of course, and a much better questing setup than the other MMOs. The combat's an issue for me because I'm old and my reflexes aren't anywhere close to as good as 20 years ago. But the ability to "go back in time" to see Tamriel before the bulk of the single player games.... PRICELESS.

I will happily sub and play until the servers go dark. And at the point that happens (may it be decades in the future please!) I will sadly lay this game to rest - and hope I may have lived long enough to actually be able to play TES VI.

Unless TES VI is only VR. In which case.... sorry for me - because I won't be able to play it. Vertigo in old ladies and VR do NOT get along. You don't want to know....
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    As long as you will keep opening your wallet.

Agreed. I stopped opening mine and started supporting a different game that supports their players.
    Options
  • JTD
    JTD
    ✭✭✭
    I am not concerned about the content they'll have. There is plenty left in Tamriel en the TES lore. I'm concerned for the performance and visuals. For the MMO player there isn't much to offer in the near future. The farsights though might hold some suprises for us.

For the Elder Scrolls fan there is only one real competitor.. and that is TESVI which might for one be a superior single player experience that ESO will ever be.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JTD wrote: »
    For the Elder Scrolls fan there is only one real competitor.. and that is TESVI which might for one be a superior single player experience that ESO will ever be.

It is a given that TES 6 will be a better single player experience than ESO. ESO is a multiplayer experience, no matter how single player friendly it is, and nothing is ever going to change that.

When talking about "Elder Scrolls fans", one has to realize that the Elder Scrolls fan that is playing ESO is not going to walk away from an active Elder Scrolls game just because a new shiny comes out.

What ESO brings to the table for an Elder Scrolls fan is a huge world that none of the single player games will even come close to rivaling. ESO is, and will always be, the largest Elder Scrolls game, in terms of both lore and size. Bethesda Game Studios does not have the developer-hours to build a TES single player game that can challenge ESO on that. What they can do is deep dive into a small portion of the world in a manner that ZOS cannot. This makes the games complimentary.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    JTD wrote: »

It is a given that TES 6 will be a better single player experience than ESO. ESO is a multiplayer experience, no matter how single player friendly it is, and nothing is ever going to change that.

When talking about "Elder Scrolls fans", one has to realize that the Elder Scrolls fan that is playing ESO is not going to walk away from an active Elder Scrolls game just because a new shiny comes out.

What ESO brings to the table for an Elder Scrolls fan is a huge world that none of the single player games will even come close to rivaling. ESO is, and will always be, the largest Elder Scrolls game, in terms of both lore and size. Bethesda Game Studios does not have the developer-hours to build a TES single player game that can challenge ESO on that. What they can do is deep dive into a small portion of the world in a manner that ZOS cannot. This makes the games complimentary.

I dont think you can compare the world to single player TES-games since they are designed different and got a whole different feel to them than ESO.
    ESO Zones may be larger together as a whole but I never got the same feel of a vast open living world as I got from main TES-games.
    The world in ESO (as it is an MMO) feels scaled down and more "mechanic" and less detailed so I think ESO and TES fans got different playerbases where one prefer MMOs or see them as different game series/universes or a mix of them as me and you.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think you can compare the world to single player TES-games since they are designed different and got a whole different feel to them than ESO.
    ESO Zones may be larger together as a whole but I never got the same feel of a vast open living world as I got from main TES-games.

Yeah, you can compare the single player and multiplayer worlds. You are correct in that they are designed differently, but on many levels, they are similar. ZOS is broad, but sacrifices detail, while BGS is narrow, with increased detail.

I do get the vast open world vibe from ESO. When Blackwood comes out, you will almost be able to walk from Daggerfall to Elden Root. Yes, you will have loading screens.

As for a living world, one of the main differences that I notice when I go back and play Skyrim or Oblivion is how dead the world is. Skyrim is a lonely place. It is something that i hope BGS addresses in TES 6.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options