The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

will magnb perform well anytime soon ?

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
this class is still the most underperforming pvp class and has been for quite some time. there are many minor things that would allready help it out but right now ur better of playing stamblade or sorc. magblade is like a class in between those two and can do neither right. not enough burst and mitigation in melee to keep up with stamblades and not enough dmg and mobility to keep up with sorcs.
magblade seems intended to be played melee but it has no real chance against stam characters.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, in June when we get VD back. Other than that, don't hold your breath.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not the slightest chance of that happening. There are not even any rumours about it, let alone any official confirmation. Magblade is dead as a PvP class. Yes, it is possible to create a solid build that will be fairly effective in PvP but it is based on choosing the right sets, traits etc. etc. and generally you can use it on any other class and it will be more effective.

Unfortunately because of the above magblade is probably one of the least popuplar classes in PvP (in openworld it is slightly better than magnecro but in BGs magblade is by far the worst class) and thus there is no pressure to do something about it unlike the most popular classes like templar or DK.
    Edited by Mayrael on April 7, 2021 8:15AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    magblade is garbage now at PVP. its just a zerg class. join to zerg and pew pew people.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't think magNB is weak.
    It's not most strong, but at least as strong as stamNB.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might think stamnb is a strong class... Its not funny joke =/
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on April 7, 2021 12:16PM
    PC/EU
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvE, MagNB can be very effective and a lot of fun to play. :p Just don't expect to be at the top of any leader boards any time soon.
    As far as PvP goes... my MagNB Kesh hasn't seen that place in many years now. :/
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The curse of magNB is that there are lots of good dots in mag, and all your dots break your own cloak. Gosh, there is class skill that is great dot but you can't use it because of this. I say this is biggest factor in PvP really. It also disallows you to use proc sets because of it, except procs with delayed burst damage.

Saying that, magNB is okayish with tonns of delayed damage procs & tonns of manaregen to keep going. But build space is very limited, and NB is bad pick for bruiser group fight, which is BGs meta.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even close to stamblade which has more better options in generic skill lines. Turn evil > Mass hysteria, Critical rush > ambush/lotus fan, Rally > Entropy, Executioner > Killers blade, Vigor > Rapid regen, Poison Arrow > Any magicka dot. And on top of it stamblade has surprise attack which is way better than any spamable concealed included. Nope, stamblade is much better than magblade and stamblade is not even close to being the best PvP class.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    this class is still the most underperforming pvp class and has been for quite some time. there are many minor things that would allready help it out but right now ur better of playing stamblade or sorc. magblade is like a class in between those two and can do neither right. not enough burst and mitigation in melee to keep up with stamblades and not enough dmg and mobility to keep up with sorcs.
    magblade seems intended to be played melee but it has no real chance against stam characters.

How would you improve the class for pvp? I'm assuming you'd want better defense. The burst damage potential on magblades is pretty good.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feels like there is some outdated information floating around in this thread. DOTs breaking your own cloak is a thing of the past, as far as I know, although I'm not currently using one. Hmmm.

DOTs being good? Errr. Nope. Crippling Grasp is IMO overnerfed and Soul Trap / Oblivon's Foe isn't much of a thing right now, although the DOT from that set will, in fact, knock you out of cloak when someone else puts it on you. It's the set DOT, though, not the skill.

Comparing magblade and stamblade, a simple stat-based stamblade is IMO tremendously more viable and typically ends up dealing much more damage. Rally, Shuffle and dodge rolling on the bow bar are very efficient things that magblade can only dream of.

However to say magblade is no good at all. Errr. I don't think that is true either. My stam DK duelled one in current Cyro and lost, because that magblade appeared to be a very good dueller and he defeated me with the sheer amount of pressure he put out. I rarely encounter such people, but they do exist and made me conclude that magblades can be good in duels.

My own magblade is my main and I would agree that, when built for a lot of speed and sustain as I do, the class is weak. I'm not sure any magblade build is good at 1vX or AvA (even numbered / skilled brawl) outside of bombing, though speed and stam sustain gets you part of the way there. I still love the playstyle, especially in areas where there are NPCs, e.g. on resources and around keeps, or in IC. Using cloak and, unlike the typical stamblade, no crouch at all, is tremendously freeing in how you can operate. You shed all aggro and, due to Concealed Weapon, you are faster in Cloak than a stamblade. You can be especially effective in a duo with the right partner.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Feels like there is some outdated information floating around in this thread. DOTs breaking your own cloak is a thing of the past, as far as I know, although I'm not currently using one. Hmmm.

DOTs being good? Errr. Nope. Crippling Grasp is IMO overnerfed and Soul Trap / Oblivon's Foe isn't much of a thing right now, although the DOT from that set will, in fact, knock you out of cloak when someone else puts it on you. It's the set DOT, though, not the skill.

Comparing magblade and stamblade, a simple stat-based stamblade is IMO tremendously more viable and typically ends up dealing much more damage. Rally, Shuffle and dodge rolling on the bow bar are very efficient things that magblade can only dream of.

However to say magblade is no good at all. Errr. I don't think that is true either. My stam DK duelled one in current Cyro and lost, because that magblade appeared to be a very good dueller and he defeated me with the sheer amount of pressure he put out. I rarely encounter such people, but they do exist and made me conclude that magblades can be good in duels.

My own magblade is my main and I would agree that, when built for a lot of speed and sustain as I do, the class is weak. I'm not sure any magblade build is good at 1vX or AvA (even numbered / skilled brawl) outside of bombing, though speed and stam sustain gets you part of the way there. I still love the playstyle, especially in areas where there are NPCs, e.g. on resources and around keeps, or in IC. Using cloak and, unlike the typical stamblade, no crouch at all, is tremendously freeing in how you can operate. You shed all aggro and, due to Concealed Weapon, you are faster in Cloak than a stamblade. You can be especially effective in a duo with the right partner.

Magblade has very good healing but it's all HoTs and not much in the way of burst heals. When taking a lot of pressure, you're really relying on shadow image because you need time for your HoTs to recover. The lack of burst heal is a big issue with magblade when fighting outnumbered.

The other issue outnumbered is you really don't have great burst. Soul harvest/assassin's scourge are strong but they are easy to avoid, and you have very little pressure when these are not available. It's not like shalks where it's hitting every few seconds, and if you don't get the kill, an honor of the dead/coag/arctic blast resets what you did.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »
    Noctus wrote: »

How would you improve the class for pvp? I'm assuming you'd want better defense. The burst damage potential on magblades is pretty good.

Actually thats what the magblade really lack when compared to other classes. All literally all magblade burst options are very easy to counter: Merciless? - Very loud and slow, Soul Harvest? Cast time, Swallow soul? Very slow projectile, what else do we have? Conceled weapon... yeah melee range spamable weaker than stamina counterpart that forces us to get in melee range where currently our cloak doesn't work awesome option.
    fred4 wrote: »

Agree, magblades can be good, but as many times said, use such build on any other class and it will be only better.

Just look at this:
    Sorc:
    Haunting Curse - Delayed undodgeable nuke.
    Crystal frags - Nuke that can be spamed way more often than Assassins Will
    Endless fury - One of the best executioners in the game, initial cast can be dodged but after landing you have 4s to drop your enemy below 20% and it will go off automatically - Impale is sad parody when compared with this skill. Frags, curse and fury is a holy trio allowing for insane burst magblade only can dream of.
    Streak - Combination of shadow image, fear and sap essence.
    BoL - Combination of shadow image, cloak (avoiding all ranged damage) and RAT (removing roots and snares).
    Dark conversion - superior version of siphoning attacks - burst heal on demand N/A in Magblades toolkit.
    Conjured ward - Shield for oh sh... situations
    Twilight matriarch - Probably the best burst heal in the game.

Templar:
    Cersent sweep - cheap ultimate that deals almost the same damage as soul harvest but is AoE so can't be dodged.
    Puncturing sweep - despite templars may say abut its reliability (I know it can be messy when lag happends) but I played templar for over a year, and I simply love this skill, it can be considered as one of the best spamables in the game - can't be dodged.
    Toppling charge - way better version of lotus fan - it has way faster animation, it has built in cc and sets enemies off balance.
    Living dark - in case someone tries to cach you it will heal you and snare your enemy, nasty ability.
    Radiant oppresion - one of the most hated and best at the same time execution skills - can't be dodged.
    BoL/HtD - 2nd best burst heal in the game
    Ritual - depending on morph it can remove negative effects from you, heal you and deal damage (something that was to much for refreshing path but is ok for templar I guess)

And we can do this for any class. The Magblade toolkit has been stripped of any uniqueness, many skills have been put into generic skill lines making them accessible to everyone, even cloak can be obtained through vampire passives. Magblade needs a lot of work in terms of PvP - it's not about damage, it's about reliability.

Merciless should keep a unique buff to critical damage when activated and not as it is increase with each stack and when fired it doesn't even buff itself. Projectile speed should be increased or that sound which is loud like Molag Bal anchors should be removed.

Swallow soul. The best solution would be to turn this skill into a beam like Crushink Shock - this would help against DKs and Wardens using Scales and Shimmering.

Impale - literally the worst execute in the game. Needs a change in one of these aspects - either it gets turned into an undodgeable skill (can have the threshold lowered to 20%) or it gets scaling similar to Radiant Oppresion or Executioner from 2h skill line. You can also completely change how it works, e.g. you put a curse on the target that explodes after 4s dealing X damage, the damage scales depending on the missing health of the target. Such a combination of haunting curse and executioner.

Edit: Oh and about last idea with impale - the way I proposed would hurt PvE magblade so we could add that after recast on target it explodes immediately.
    Edited by Mayrael on April 8, 2021 7:44AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is a very strong duelling and 1vX class if you are a master of weaving and using the shade. Its a pretty average small scale unless used as a bomber.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Magblade is a very strong duelling and 1vX class if you are a master of weaving and using the shade. Its a pretty average small scale unless used as a bomber.

really? could you link me please your magblade pvp steam?
  • Blackcosmic
    Blackcosmic
    Soul Shriven

Strong 1vx? Lol please show me the build...
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some decent magnlades out there, but most crutched on proc sets and now don’t know how to play without them.

There are several videos out there, but the determining factor for all “1vX” players is the number of inexperienced/poorly geared players that are chasing them.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some decent magnlades out there, but most crutched on proc sets and now don’t know how to play without them.

There are several videos out there, but the determining factor for all “1vX” players is the number of inexperienced/poorly geared players that are chasing them.

For reals. I 1v4d some pugs on my bomblade once. All it means is I happened to find 4 people who were very bad at the game.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me tell you something. I am quite an experienced player especially when it comes to magblade. My builds usually allow me to fight like a typical brawler without using cloak, I can fight several opponents at once under one condition - they must have worse builds or less skills than me, because as soon as I hit an experienced player I can forget about winning, I won't get killed it's true but I don't have the slightest chance to win either. Classes like warden, sorc, necro or DK have possibility of bigger burst than class which archetype was based on assassin (for this reason this class is the only one that doesn't have burst heal) and over the years its teeth were blunted and now it ended up as a class with the lowest burst potential and the worst heal potential. Is it still playable? Yes! Can it compete with the best? Nope.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭

Lets stop pretending Magblade is good. Whatever magblade can do at best, magsorc can do without thumbs.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I take personal offense to comments like these lol...

You are talking to people who have pvped on magblade for longer than some have even touched this game as a whole. You can wax poetic all day about how it's a l2p issue but that isnt going to make it true.

Great magblades used proc sets because they had no choice, not because it was some kind of crutch that they are no longer able to rely on therefore are performing less. The lack of proc sets in cyrodil did not expose bad magblade players, it exposed how bad the spec is.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    magnb needs rework completely
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    1st thing must remove cast time from Soul harvest

impale - starts from %50 and crits after %25

lotus fan- direct damage+dot + stun remove minor vuln

mark - %10 crit damage increase add

merciless - melee damage from behind or flanks- cannot cast from front- remove stack

conceal - remove enemy armor x amount- major berserk for 5 seconds if hit from flank or behind

path- remove ground effect turn it to aoe buff

hysteria- add slow effect

swallow soul- add mending +insta damage not projectile

cripple- insta damage

siphon - add major weapon+sorcery
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah magblade is really garbage in pvp. It was only effective in proc cyrodil when spec'd as a bomblade, or a ganker using caluurion's.

Problem with magblade without procs is that it's dmg isn't bursty enough. It's soooo much work just to get your soul harvest + spectral bow to both hit, and then magblades have no execute to use after those. The class skill execute is absolute garbage.

Magblades can build to be somewhat tanky, but they just can't get that wombo combo clap people in 2 seconds dmg like all the 2h stam classes and magsorc and even magden/magcro. On my stamden it's so freaking easy to just sub assault --> dawn breaker --> execute, and kill someone in under 2 seconds. On the magblade theres this whole freaking build-up of weaving light attack and swallow soul (which honest, this doesn't do much damage at all), then getting the bow up after 5 light attacks, then waiting for the perfect opportunity to soul harbest into a bow and hope that's enough to kill them, because if it doesn't, the player will just roll dodge away from the last few remaining light attack/swallow souls. It's waaaaay more work for doing a burst combo that isn't even as good as just dizzy + dawnbreaker + executioner.

how to fix this? make impale work like reverse slash in terms of its dmg scaling once a person goes under 50% health. Also make soul harvest stun. Or rework swallow soul so that it does more dmg but does a flat heal % per cast rather than a heal over time (the heal over time is pretty stupid).
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Great magblades used proc sets because they had no choice, not because it was some kind of crutch that they are no longer able to rely on therefore are performing less. The lack of proc sets in cyrodil did not expose bad magblade players, it exposed how bad the spec is.

Nah I used Caluurians because it made so many of my "frenemies" unhappy.

So many people think this game is about their uber skills. It's not.

I had a great time being the most annoying night blade in Cyrodiil... or at least trying. Playing a stam blade would have been a lot easier. I wouldn't have had as much fun though. And rolling rolling rolling is so annoying.

I haven't played since October. Was thinking about coming back when they pulled the no proc blunder. I am curious though just how dead the main campaign is. I imagine it gets some pop primetime but is even more empty than normal otherwise?

All you magblades, keep at it. Maybe someday they will throw us a bone. or not.

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »

Lets stop pretending Magblade is good. Whatever magblade can do at best, magsorc can do without thumbs.

Cleaning up thumbless zerglings spamming streak in an open field maybe, the problem most face with a non bombing magblade is that it has the highest skill floor of any class in the game, especially in non proc cyro. In proc PvP theres builds that have by far the most burst potential of any build in the game and is a very capable 40k health half tank DPS build. No good magblade is loosing to a magsorc in a duel.
    Doczy wrote: »

merciless - melee damage from behind or flanks- cannot cast from front- remove stack

conceal - remove enemy armor x amount- major berserk for 5 seconds if hit from flank or behind

cripple- insta damage

A lot of these break the standard mould that the skills adhere to like gap close and ult cast time standards and would ultimately probably not lead to much more viability or up the number of magblades and just buff already very strong stamblades.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »

Cleaning up thumbless zerglings spamming streak in an open field maybe, the problem most face with a non bombing magblade is that it has the highest skill floor of any class in the game, especially in non proc cyro. In proc PvP theres builds that have by far the most burst potential of any build in the game and is a very capable 40k health half tank DPS build. No good magblade is loosing to a magsorc in a duel.
    Doczy wrote: »

cripple- insta damage

A lot of these break the standard mould that the skills adhere to like gap close and ult cast time standards and would ultimately probably not lead to much more viability or up the number of magblades and just buff already very strong stamblades.

This shows how much you lack in knowledge about magblade. None of mentioned skills would help stamblade, maybe except of siphon but it would be still worse than rally so stamblade wouldn't use it anyway.

Read what I wrote above about sorc skills. It's actually the opposite. Sorc has much greater burst potential due to holy trio (frags, curse, fury) which can go of at the same time and on top of it when sorc uses BoL morph it completely disables magblade as DK wings used to. If you lose as a sorc to magblade then you have no thumbs, sorry but sorc has better burst, better defensive skills, better healing, better mobility, end of the story. Currently sorc is the only magicka class that can be put on pair with best stamina classes.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Blackcosmic
    Blackcosmic
    Soul Shriven

Magblade needs procs to do what other can do with skills alone. Also this isn’t a l2p issue all experienced magblade and pvp players know the state magblade is in.... doesn’t sound like you even have experience on a magblade... you even thought buffing the mag skills would buff stamblade xD

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All saying that these magica skills won’t buff stamina must be neglecting the recent CP and weapon passives changes that have made using magica skills on a stam class more viable and vice versa and in PvP where you can use sets like NMA and balorgh these buff both weapon/spell damage and weapon/spell pen.

impale - starts from %50 and crits after %25 - this would hit so hard with the crit nb naturally stacks all stamblade gank builds would run it, probably more so that magblades, the other issue is that executioner is overpowered compared to most ececutes and more so needs to be nerfed than asking for every other execute being brought up to this range. Magblade PvE DPS would become absolutely insane if this was the case and would result in a nerf to the rest of the classes damage in the highly unlikely situation something like this went through.

lotus fan- direct damage+dot + stun remove minor vuln -this just becomes an outright better option than ambush since venerability is so lacklustre at 5%.

mark - %10 crit damage increase - many stamblades already run this skill whilst most magblades run ele drain so this would benefit stamblade far more

path- remove ground effect turn it to aoe buff - most sword and board stamblades runs dark cloak and combined with this would just give tanky stamblades even greater healing power

hysteria- add slow effect - standard nightblade CC that could use a buff anyway IMO especially considering turn evils effectiveness

siphon - add major weapon+sorcery removes the need to run front bar 2h and makes front bar dual wield easier

Once again people are forgetting you can turn around and run 35k health on a magblade whilst stacking crit and still pump out a 14k crit merciless on most targets and with this much health and healing power you aren’t dying to 90% of builds 1v1 anyway.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    All saying that these magica skills won’t buff stamina must be neglecting the recent CP and weapon passives changes that have made using magica skills on a stam class more viable and vice versa and in PvP where you can use sets like NMA and balorgh these buff both weapon/spell damage and weapon/spell pen.

impale - starts from %50 and crits after %25 - this would hit so hard with the crit nb naturally stacks all stamblade gank builds would run it, probably more so that magblades, the other issue is that executioner is overpowered compared to most ececutes and more so needs to be nerfed than asking for every other execute being brought up to this range. Magblade PvE DPS would become absolutely insane if this was the case and would result in a nerf to the rest of the classes damage in the highly unlikely situation something like this went through.

lotus fan- direct damage+dot + stun remove minor vuln -this just becomes an outright better option than ambush since venerability is so lacklustre at 5%.

mark - %10 crit damage increase - many stamblades already run this skill whilst most magblades run ele drain so this would benefit stamblade far more

path- remove ground effect turn it to aoe buff - most sword and board stamblades runs dark cloak and combined with this would just give tanky stamblades even greater healing power

hysteria- add slow effect - standard nightblade CC that could use a buff anyway IMO especially considering turn evils effectiveness

siphon - add major weapon+sorcery removes the need to run front bar 2h and makes front bar dual wield easier

Once again people are forgetting you can turn around and run 35k health on a magblade whilst stacking crit and still pump out a 14k crit merciless on most targets and with this much health and healing power you aren’t dying to 90% of builds 1v1 anyway.

1st thing must remove cast time from Soul harvest / stamnbs still can use dawnbreaker (aoe +burst damage+stun)

impale - starts from %50 and crits after %25 / PVP and PVE are different. can be nerf in PVE zones. Stamnbs can use DW instead of 2h exec

lotus fan- direct damage+dot + stun remove minor vuln / its still weaker than streak

mark - %10 crit damage increase add / as a theme nb=crit=burst damage its normal. pick target +debuff+ kill and run

path- remove ground effect turn it to aoe buff / hello winter's revenge. still weaker than winter

cripple- insta damage

siphon - add major weapon+sorcery yea stamnbs can use DW again

this advices are for gank+flank strike mostly as a melee assassin theme. and its just pick your target try to kill and run. all of them except hysteria are single target skills. if you think these are OP try to look warden and necro

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forget penetration, weapon crit, impact of base stats, etc. No self-respecting player is going to use an inferior magic skill when they have a better stamina skill available that blends in better with their build. Right now you're trying to block any buffs for magblade using nonsense arguments that magblade's magic skills will be used by stamblade, sure, like it's happening now. I'm already overlooking the fact that the proposed changes do not go beyond what stamina and some magicka classes already have available.

1 Impale - What about Radiant oppression? What about fury of sorc? They have additional mechanics besides being great executors (radiant oppression - better scaling as executioner and also undodgeable, fury - auto cast without GCD whenever target is in proper range). Impale and killers blade both stand out from the rest not doing anything "extra".

2. Lotus fan - Mhm... I can already see stamina players begging to use lotus fan instead of critical rush, yeah right... Lotus fan and ambush have such a slow animation that I'd use anything else to get rid of this skill.

3. Mark - Yes, but such a buff would give a reason to replace ele drain with mark, it would open up the possibility of putting this skill on any bar. Additionally, there is a dilemma: mark for bigger crits or ele drain to use vateshran. Generally stamblade is not currently a better class than stamden, stamnecro or stamsorc so such a buff would not collapse the world like you are trying to present.

4. Path - And what about it? Sword and board stamblade? Yes it is such a popular build and so incredibly strong that everyone plays it, God forbid something like that gets a buff. We should also not buff DD magnecro using bow/bow setup, it's such OP build!!!! /s

5. Hysteria - thank you.

6. By giving up 2h they also give up Rally, Executioner and Critical rush, quite a lot, choices choices choices, isn't that what we want? That's the choice currently stamnecro, stamden, stamsorc and stamdk have and somehow I don't see most of those classes running with dual wield. Somehow I don't see why stamblade isn't entitled to more freedom in weapon choice.
    For magblade on the other hand such a change would mean more than all the proposed above, it opens up the possibility of freeing up one slot on an already overflowing bar, makes siphoning equal in a way to skills such as Dark conversion/deal.

Yes, that's right we can build a 35k hp magblade with 2 or 3 damage dealing skills one of which is the slowest, most telegraphed, hardest to build nuke and the other is a pointless and unnecessary execute - because if you are able to get someone to 25% as a magblade then you are able to kill them without the impale present.

As I see you are NB specialist, maybe you want to show us all how to play NB? My magsorc or magplar (I haven't played PvP on both for over 4 years but it's cool, I'll figure out some build) against your magblade PC EU. When?

Say no to Toxic Casuals!