The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any addons you think are essential?

spotzhopz
spotzhopz
✭✭✭
I started a pc account yesterday while the ps servers were down, and i plan on playing on pc some more. Will still be playing ps too so i dont want to go to overboard with the addons and get to dependent on them. But i did already get the skyshard and lorebook addons. Are there any others you guys feel are super important to get?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craftstore, LazyWrit, Writ Worthy - for crafting

Advanced Filters, Pixel Perfect, Dustman, Alpha Gear - for inventory etc

Ssrendar, LUI extended, Combat Metrics, raid notifier (if your into that) - for fighting or analytics

pchat
    jack of all trades

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones @Chilly-McFreeze listed above are all excellent, and I would agree that they're all essential.

AUI (Advanced UI) has my favorite minimap, if you like having those. It's very customizable. Don't let the name worry you -- it runs alongside LUI perfectly fine!

N'Tak Camera gives you much better control of the camera, which this game sorely needs, imo. Highly recommended!

Personal Assistant is a must-have for me, in addition to Dustman. Dustman handles the selling (and whatnot) of items I'm trying to get rid of, but PA handles all the banking and collecting and dispersing of things that I want to hold onto. For instance, I use it to auto-deposit stuff that I want on my main crafter when I'm on other characters (motifs, recipes, etc.), but then a different profile auto-withdraws it all when I talk to Tythis on my crafter. Couldn't be easier, once set up.

Inventory Insight is another must have for seeing where all your stuff is. If you only have one character, this probably is a non-issue for you, but if you're like me and end up with many characters, keeping track of who has what where when why how all in your head becomes close to impossible. This addon gives you a super informative -- searchable -- list of everything you own no matter where it is at the time.

What Pledge at my Alts? is another excellent addon for organization / information. Weird name, killer addon. It shows you your characters' skill line progression, daily/weekly quest statuses, Undaunted Pledge calendar, and a lot more. Definitely check this one out if you plan to do dungeons and whatnot.

Craftstore is a must-have for anyone serious about crafting. It provides SO much info in such an organized way, that I seriously feel bad for people who have to live without it. It can also help you keep track of Mount Training timers, and other similar "keep track of this timer" type stuff in the game. Very handy.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things i find useful:

- A mini-map
    - Tracking things such as unlearned motifs in inventory screens (such as traders) to indicate items i'm missing without having to mouse over the item card
    - Same as above but for gear sets
    - Tracking combat metrics
    - Showing possible resource spawn points, chests, quest givers, points of interest etc as map icons

Those are the basics for me.
    bye1.gif

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also!

Master Merchant if you're looking to get into selling items in-game. Maybe not essential, but really insightful to have. The amount of info it puts at your disposal is invaluable if you're a serious trader.

Awesome Guild Store for improving the good-enough-I-guess vanilla guild store interface. This one just does it like ZOS should have to begin with, essentially. Does not work with Gamepad interface, sadly; but it's so good that it's worth temporarily switching to KB&M just to shop. :P

Postmaster Mail for making the in-game Mail system work a whole lot better. You'll appreciate the conveniences this adds if you're trading a lot, or getting a million Hireling mails (from crafting skill lines). Most notably it adds a "Collect All" button so you can just process all your mail in one click (and it provides a handy little summary of what you got, too!), and an RTS return to sender feature that many people make good use of.

Votan's Keybinder is a seriously nice QoL addon. I don't know if this is an issue for keyboard users, but as a gamepad user I HATEHATEHATE that my custom control layout is not carried over between characters. It's so dumb to have to redo changes on every character, or change from the default layout (which is awful, imo) on new characters. Votan's fixes this in a super elegant way: You just get a little checkbox next to each Control option that applies to all characters the account (checked) or not (unchecked).

Circonian's Addon Selector makes it easier to manage all these awesome addons you're adding to your game, and create different profiles for only running what you need when you need it -- without the hassle of checking/unchecking a million tiny boxes by hand. Essentialest of addons for addon junkies, imo!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, do yourself a favor and use Minion. It gets rather tedious fast to keep your addons up to date manually.

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends how you play and what your priorities are. In all cases, I recommend using Minion to intall/update/uninstall addons and ESOUI to browse and find addons.

Here are some specific addons that I find very nice:
    Azurah - Interfaced Enhanced - Lets you move UI elements all around.
    Combat Metrics - Good feedback on how you're doing in a fight like uptimes and where your damage is coming from.
    Fancy Action Bar - I like being able to see both action bars all the time regardless of which I'm on.
    Grubmaster Food & Drink Auto Consume - Automatically eat your buff food right before it runs out.
    Dungeon Champions - Marks delve and public dungeon bosses on your map.
    Map Pins - Menu that let's you choose what to see on your map, like skyshards, lorebooks, treasure maps, survey reports, etc.
    Votan's Keybinder - When you set keybindings, applies to all characters instead of having to set up every character.
    Pet Dismiss - Dismiss your summoned pets with one assignable key stroke.
    Votan's Minimap - Does what it says.
    WeaponCharger - Automatically charges your weapons as they get very low on charges.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends a lot on what you're doing in the game and how you like to play. There's some very popular addons I've downloaded then deleted because I never use them and others no one else seems to know which I'd hate to play without. My approach is to play without any until something is bothering me enough that I think there must be a better way to do it, then look for an addon to fix that problem.

My first priority was to get a mini map and it's one of the few I wouldn't want to play without (I use Vortan's mini map, which apparently just activates ones built into the base game and then disabled), but that's because I have no sense of direction.

I also like using Azurah, which lets you move and resize the base game UI and adds some other options. I mainly use it to make notifications smaller and move them just above the chat box instead of in the middle of the screen and move some other UI elements out to the edges of the screen, but I also use it to colour characters names by their reaction (player, ally, enemy or neutral) instead of using the glowing outline from the default options. It's got a few other nice options too.

I use one called Binder (which is out of date but still works) to save sets of keybindings, pChat to save chat settings and recently got Synched Account Settings which saves all other settings across all characters, which saves me a lot of time when creating a new character or making changes because I don't have to go through and repeat the change 8 times. (And if I do want a character with different settings I can just disable that addon.)

Inventory Insight is very useful for checking where things are on your account or what each character is using/holding.

Also if you're going to be buying from guild traders I strongly recommend using https://tamrieltradecentre.com You don't need the addon unless you're selling too (it's used to automatically scan and upload anything being sold through guild traders - either picking up items from your searches or via and option to scan a whole store) but the website is extremely useful for finding what you want without having to check a bunch of traders at random.

(I also used to consider Advanced Filters an absolute must-have but they recently added similar sub categories to the base game UI so I've turned it off and I'm finding it ok without it. I miss the functionality where empty categories would be greyed out so I knew I could skip them when depositing stuff to the bank, but that's about all.)

PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the suggestions, currently trying out some of your suggestions
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by WiseSky on April 10, 2021 8:07AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leo's Altholic was essential to me, and I miss it.
    It did a great job just keeping track of which toons had finished daily writs if I got sidetracked, and I could check on any toon from any other toon.

It was a real time saver for me.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Leo's Altholic was essential to me, and I miss it.
    It did a great job just keeping track of which toons had finished daily writs if I got sidetracked, and I could check on any toon from any other toon.

It was a real time saver for me.

Im about to download this one right now, because if i get to the point i was on ps with pc this might truly be the most helpful ive heard of lol. I usually just gave up on ps after doin 4 toons but woth the lazycrafter and this one i might just be able to do all of them lol, so id like to thank you
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    map pins is super helpful for discovering locations, finding vampire shrines and such and it already has skyshards and lorebooks built-in.

to me, PointsofColor is also super helpful as i find visual orientation on the map much easier when the map icons have different colors :)
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2090-PointsofColor.html

if you play a tank, Untaunted is essential.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1475-Untaunted.html
    PC EU
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Just browse the most downloaded add ons pretty much all of the top ten at least you should grab.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My essentials (installed with Minion plus TTC requires an additional download):
    • Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter (less essential if you’ve not many characters and ZOS has made the default easier but, well, I have many alts and get lazy, lol)
    • Action Duration Reminder
    • Tamriel Trade Center
    • Map Pins for skyshards, lorebooks and surveys (these can be fun to find but for me becomes too much of a grind when playing alts)

Combat Metrics can be useful when you’re at that point. I think I will look into installing Awesome Guildstore and Synched Account Settings and I could see those becoming essential for me.

I have adapted to playing without a minimap and rather like going by the map and compass and setting a destination makes it even easier. I would skip Master Merchant unless you’re in serious/large trade guilds.