The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Let's design our own quest! Input the next step here!

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
OK I like some quests and some not. The nots are "go talk to NPC 1, then go talk to NPC 2, then 3 and back to 1 and then kill a trash mob and then get a reward. So I present to you the design a quest post! If enough people participate ZoS may even use it! What do I do you ask? Well just add the next step in the quest or even quest dialogue.

I'll start out by providing the reward.

So without further ado.......The reward for this questline is a potion that allows your Ultimate to be refilled upon use when used four times.

So where does this questline start?
Edited by Veinblood1965 on April 5, 2021 10:03PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This quest line would start by receiving a random piece of mail.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

actually there is a way to do that, and it is not that big deal for developers, there is a place in any city where you can sell stolen things, so the developers can create an NPC for each alliance, this NPC will serve as quest request between players.

So one player from one area could use that NPC to order, lets say, some ingridients for different craftings and stablish a price that player would pay for each item. Then any other player will receive a "quest" petition. Check it, and decide to take or not, and start collecting ingredients. Bring then to that NPC and give them him. The NPC will notificate to the other side that his/her request is done!

So in this way you will have quests between players daily.

this quest will work for the anchemy and enchance very well, people will collect for this motivaited by some rewards, usually GOLD, which will deposit the other player when will make a request.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

"Greetings fellow adventurer!
    Sends-to-their-Death seeks brave and hearty adventurers to assist in his search for an artifact of rare and powerful qualities-- The Cauldron of Might! If you have received this missive it is because YOU--yes you!-- have what it takes to go on this journey!
    Report to Inn in your Alliance capital and look for the brave and handsome Argonian adventurer!
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    Hi,

actually there is a way to do that, and it is not that big deal for developers, there is a place in any city where you can sell stolen things, so the developers can create an NPC for each alliance, this NPC will serve as quest request between players.

So one player from one area could use that NPC to order, lets say, some ingridients for different craftings and stablish a price that player would pay for each item. Then any other player will receive a "quest" petition. Check it, and decide to take or not, and start collecting ingredients. Bring then to that NPC and give them him. The NPC will notificate to the other side that his/her request is done!

So in this way you will have quests between players daily.

this quest will work for the anchemy and enchance very well, people will collect for this motivaited by some rewards, usually GOLD, which will deposit the other player when will make a request.

I forgot to add, why in that place and the alliance.

1. the basic idea of that, it is that, this request will be "black market" work in the "in game story "

2. it would be cool if the craft system would be more complate, and the ingredients shared in exclusive location, where some ppl could not travel because of the agressive local guards or alliance defence army (NPC).

but this would be more advanced thing, because whole craft system should be improved, and for creating some armor, weapon, etc. there will be needed more than 1 ingredient and also, fusion of ingredients to create a better one, or to create a different rare ingredients which will be used for the craft.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like to think it is triggered by doing a certain number of quest in your alliance, or for the Undaunted
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sends-to-their-Death seeks brave and hearty adventurers to assist in his search for an artifact of rare and powerful qualities-- The Cauldron of Might! If you have received this missive it is because YOU--yes you!-- have what it takes to go on this journey!
    Report to Inn in your Alliance capital and look for the brave and handsome Argonian adventurer!

The innkeeper glares at Varanis Arano as she walks into The Flaming Nix, the inn at Mournhold. "Get out! The last time you were here, you led Lady Volek into an ambush! The blood got everywhere!"

"An ambush set by her family's former slaves, I note. She should have treated them better. A warning to us all. Now, I'm here to see Sends-to-their-Death and then I'll be on my way."

If anything, the innkeeper looks even more unhappy. "He's in the back room. Look, I don't like you, but you should know that most people he talks to don't come back."

Varanis nods, and knocks on the rough wooden door.

"Ah, a fellow adventurer!" An argonian with well-worn leather armor and bright head-frills swings the door open, beckoning her inside. "I erect the spine of welcome."

"Well met, Sends-to-their-Death. Your letter spoke of an journey to find "The Cauldron of Might." Where is it?"
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing only a week, and well, I am already bored with the quests.. having this good game, the quests are very easy..

it is very intuitive and I just click on the first line until it reach to the "goodbye", then I just open the map and find the place, go there hit everyone i need, and come back. sorry guys, but after the week all the quests seems to be the same, I dont even read them.

If someone from developers read this, have a look on korean MMO quests, where you need to search invastigate the place, find the right mob to kill (which is in the specific place and anywhere else.

I like the excavation quests for that, because they give me a range/area and I am forced to discover it myself and not guided by the arrow. or the Werewolf/Vampire quest, where you have to find the right mob.. well, if any other player dont bite you first.. ))

or the treasure maps, where you have to find the location of the picture..

The story is very important and it is the most important part if any game. It should be enough difficult to give hard work but not that difficult to be hated. may be it would be cool if in the quests they would just say that I have to find this in this area next to the monains, next to this river, this also will be good if write names for each places like for example: " valley of something" or "river of something" "lake of etc." instead of this the quests are more about hit and run

Edited by HyekAr on April 16, 2021 10:02PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The innkeeper glares at Varanis Arano as she walks into The Flaming Nix, the inn at Mournhold. "Get out! The last time you were here, you led Lady Volek into an ambush! The blood got everywhere!"

"An ambush set by her family's former slaves, I note. She should have treated them better. A warning to us all. Now, I'm here to see Sends-to-their-Death and then I'll be on my way."

If anything, the innkeeper looks even more unhappy. "He's in the back room. Look, I don't like you, but you should know that most people he talks to don't come back."

Varanis nods, and knocks on the rough wooden door.

"Ah, a fellow adventurer!" An argonian with well-worn leather armor and bright head-frills swings the door open, beckoning her inside. "I erect the spine of welcome."

"Well met, Sends-to-their-Death. Your letter spoke of an journey to find "The Cauldron of Might." Where is it?"

While entering the room Varanis Arano, spots an elderly man sitting at a small corner table in the room. Sends-to-their-Death looks pleased that someone has asked that question, but a slight downcast follows them quickly as if they might not suspect Varanis Arano or anyone is up for this task.

"Well I see you also have received one of the hundred letters I have sent to all warriors that ever got initiated with the Fighters Guild. As much as I wish my name not to precede me, tell me of your exploits, as I wish not for yet another loved one to blame me for their significant other's or child's death "

Before Varanis Arano is able to answer, the elderly man with a mature white beard, that was smoking on his pipe while reading from a mystic tome, at the secluded corner tables, interjects :

"Sends-to-their-Death how I wish your handsome looks would translate to be able to spot a worthy adventure. Maybe then you might be renowned otherwise. Just a glance at Varanis Arano's pommel sword's markings and you will see 10 engraved Stars, one of which is engraved for each successful endeavor in an order worthier then the Fighters Guild, that you clearly know nothing of. Even at my age I am was able to best you easily, whenever you acted recklessly while drunk over these years we have a share a room in this established. Varanis Arano has earned double the markings then me, that should speak to you for itself, as you might remember how the last few times you dared to challenge me went."

Sends-to-their-Death's eyes widen, as if they might finally have someone who might be able to accomplish where so many have not even returned. But trying to save face in front of such a worthy adventures, Sends-to-their-Death answers while not daring to make eye contact with the elderly white beard man :

"I am still surprised you are able to see that well at that age WiseSky. I can't believe you would think I would give it my all during our tussles against an elderly man as yourself."

The elderly man ignores the empty words of Sends-to-their-Death and gets up and walks out of the room while nodding to Varanis on his way out.

"Let us speak privately now, Varnais Arano, also don't mind the elderly man I might suspect he sprinkles Skooma into his pipe regularly. Apologies for not seeing the markings on your pommel, I may had one mead to many today."

Varanis not wanting to waste anymore time, asks once again "Where is it?"

"Its more a question if you can get all the ingredients that are needed for the creation of the concoction that only inside The Cauldron of Might can be made for it to have the famed magical properties. Once you bring all the ingredients to me, only then will I tell you where it can be found. The first step is to get the following list of these rare ingredients."

Sends-to-their-Death writes down the ingredients and passes the note to Varanis.

The Ingredients list Reads as Follows:
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons