The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance quests

Folkb
Folkb
✭✭✭✭✭
If I'm not finished with my initial alliance quest or the main quest with mannimarco can I go and start another alliances quest chain?

Best Answers

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can but if you finish the chain your on you will be given Caldwell silver and gold quests.
    These are doing the other two alliances quest lines from start to end but you don’t do the final run in coldharber
    Answer ✓
  • Diva_Naoko
    Diva_Naoko
    ✭✭
    You can, but i wouldn't advise it if you care for the story.

You were sacrificed to Molag Bal and wake up in Coldharbour (Soul Shriven in CH). Notice that this quest plays very much like a tutorial. When you escape, you wake up on your starter area and progress your alliance's quest line together with Main Quest. At the end of main quest you'll be sent to starter area of another alliance and do their quest line (Cadwell's silver). At the end of that you're sent to the third alliance and do their quest line (Cadwell's gold).

The point many players miss is that you are seeing this historical period through each alliance's perspective while doing their quests. It's not like you defected to the enemy. Your character is not really embodied in this world; you died at the beginning of the game, and you're now hollowed.
    Answer ✓