The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Companion basics?

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayroo wrote: »
    I'm suddenly getting concerned about the grind to level them up. E.g., should we be blowing through all our master writs now, or saving them for October?

(It doesn't help that there are four double XP events in the six months from mid-October through mid-April, but none the other half of the year.)
    two worries people have I guarantee wont be an issue.
    1. they will definitely take an instance spot
    2. I highly doubt the leveling system will be equivalent to ours. Probably faster and much lower cap. Though I imagine it obviously will still take a decent amount of time

My first thought is 1 million XP. That's a nice round figure, and I believe it's the number used for vampire.

Per character, of course.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayroo wrote: »
    I'm suddenly getting concerned about the grind to level them up. E.g., should we be blowing through all our master writs now, or saving them for October?

(It doesn't help that there are four double XP events in the six months from mid-October through mid-April, but none the other half of the year.)
    two worries people have I guarantee wont be an issue.
    1. they will definitely take an instance spot

How will that work? How will group findet recognize if it’s a tank, healer or dd companion? Do you chose the slot the companion takes? And then you go into the dungeon and are queued with a guy that has his companion by his/her side which was listed as tank but isn’t one?

There’s so much abuse if companion count as players - what if you don’t want to queue with someone else who has a companion active? Is there an option for that? If not, how messy will dungeons get if you’re queued with someone who’s a bad player and has a companion on top of that? So not only is a lower skill player himself, but wastes another slot for his companion?

PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I can give companions a pet like Sorcs, then we can both have a puppy and a flappy!

In that case, let's hope they automaticly dismount you and unsummon all your pets and dismiss your companions in towns (dismount maybe not everywhere, riding in town should be possible), but definately near wayshrines, cratfing stations, quest givers, etc., without the possibility to summon them back again for as long as you don't leave the specific non-mount&pet&companion area. Mounted players, Warden bears and Sorcerer pets are already annoyingly blocking those locations and NPC's, dont make it worse than it allready is.