The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will the Jester Festival XP buff stack with Jubilee XP buff?

Tsukiino
Tsukiino
✭✭✭
So as I'm writing this, the Jesters Festival has 20 hours 45 minutes left.

If I eat the pie (2 hour buff) on all my characters before the event ends, and the Jubilee immediately starts, and I activate the cake's XP buff

Will both XP buffs stack? Or will the Jesters Festival's XP buff disappear/expire when the Jubilee event starts?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, the cake buff will refresh the pie buff.

Edited for more clarification:
    The buff will remain just as if it were any other source of xp. They do not count down while not logged into that character. However, the event buffs will never stack. Most will refresh the older buff. As an example, I had a character with the witchmother's double xp status during *this* event, and I used a pie to refresh its duration to 2 hours. They may overwrite (and I don't know the rhyme or reason for this), but effectively there is no way to "save" the buff and utilize both.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on March 31, 2021 5:18PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'll mosty likely override the Jester's XP buff!

Left alone it'll run for the part of the 2hrs remaining
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never has before, and super unlikely it will this time around unless there's a bug/exploit floating around.

Event XP buffs override each other, and scroll/consumable XP buffs do the same; though they are two separate sources of bonus XP, they behave identically. Event/event buffs cannot stack, and consumable/consumable buffs cannot stack.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    It'll mosty likely override the Jester's XP buff!

Left alone it'll run for the part of the 2hrs remaining
    Yes, remember to eat pie on all alts last time you play before the event end.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More to the point is eat cake before the end of the next event (9:59 AM EST 13th)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy